Page 628 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 128528578618624625626627628629630631632638678728 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Decided to look at Feige's twitter for the first time a long time.

He changed his profile picture back to Black Panther (now whether he did that right after Chad's death Idk, but I remembered it was something else. My gut says he just changed it not too long ago)

One of his last tweets was "Miss you" to the Boseman promo. Also he retweeted the Marvel Studios tweet offering condolences. Just so happen to click the tweet and man it seems like a majority of them were saying not to recast, theyd' be angry and disgusted if they if they did, etc etc.

If you really think back to that time most of twitter seemed to be anti-recast (even I understood it at that time). I think Feige and crew just went with their first emotional reaction and fliched at the pushback of a potential recast.
    That’s pretty much what it was. But some people are coming around though. Heck even New Rockstars have changed their minds and are now wanting T’Challa being recast via a variant. Which is funny since they were the ones that claimed his family didn’t want a recast despite Chad’s big brother saying otherwise. That tells me that now that emotions are no longer clouding their judgement, the reality is setting in that Marvel is really about to have an MCU without T’Challa and they can’t stand the thought of that, hence why they are backpedaling. And the more time passes, the more of the initial “no recast” wave will have the same realization.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Good. Maybe now the mantle crowd can stfu about him being revived and redeemed. LOL.

Oh and we’ve got some avengers info. Y’all ready to see the sexiest Black Panther suit to date? Attachment 111788
    From the latest Marvel Future Fight update? Awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And how are we different from all the OTHER fanbases who have dropped books on covers???

I don't see that New Warriors book anywhere-because folks threw fits about it before issue one.

She does NOT have to show up. Just like we don't see every Marvel hero popping up in every book because everyone is based in New York.

Folks tire of this because of the baggage that comes with it.

No-because we can all walk away if Marvel is going to act like that. There are other black heroes.

The one in Dakota, Michigan needs our support more that T'Challa. Since Marvel and DC owned black guys not named Miles keep having issues.
    I didnt say no other fanbase did this, but I'm actually a part of this one lol

And aside from that, again, comparing storm to "any other hero" with regards to BP is like comparing winter Solider to "any other hero" with regards to Captain America. The two are tied together narratively, that has been a thing for some time now. I think its unrealistic to expect it to just be forgotten or ignored when its been a major part of both characters written stories for the last several years.

Not to mention I never personally hated this ship, but that's neither here nor there. I think some of rhe statements made regarding how it had an effect on them both ate largely legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    What up fellas!
    I'm saying this here for posterity sake. I'm speculating some things about Black Panther 2 (will see how wrong I am in a year ):

1. Michaela Coel will be "a Black Panther," from Wakanda's past. They will show her in flashbacks which will tie Wakanda to Atlantis, establishing conflict for the present. Yemandi the pirate BP??

2. The Golden frogs will make an appearance and possibly bring another Black Panther to the present (or maybe take T'Challa out of the present so he doesn't have to "die").

That said they need to #RecastTchalla and stop with the bullshit.

Also, what Black Panther stories have been good over the past few years? I stop at Coates second TPB with a pain in my heart. I never check out any of the spinoffs of BP stories in other books except the brief Ultimates run. Of course I'm well-versed on all pre-Coates BP so I don't need any other those recommendations. I'm not active on here but I'm been lurking for years. Thanks.
    If you're not completely opposed to anything Coates there was a single issue of intergalactic, like number 9 or something that I really enjoyed but take it or leave it lol just a recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    IAnd aside from that, again, comparing storm to "any other hero" with regards to BP is like comparing winter Solider to "any other hero" with regards to Captain America. The two are tied together narratively, that has been a thing for some time now. I think its unrealistic to expect it to just be forgotten or ignored when its been a major part of both characters written stories for the last several years.
    Tell that to Monica Lynne.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    And to a good chunk of his rogues, Taku, Ross, Hunter, and more.

Astonishing Member

Exactly lol, imagine thinking that anything is actually sacred in comics. Major relationships get forgotten all the time, it’s just Marvel probably understands they don’t have any tentpole black couples so they kinda have to keep T’Challa and Storm in each other’s orbit. And if we’re being frank most Black Panther writers aren’t even Black Panther fans like that so they don’t care too much about the integrity of the brand or character and fall for the “black power couple!!!” childishness that is the only real value to the pairing. Hence why it’s only BP writers that try to bring Storm into their stories.

That said, I think Ezyo and Vordan got the right idea, this is probably some attempt at house cleaning and establishing the various corners of T’Challa’s mythos early in the run. T’Challa visiting Storm allows Ridley to clear the air on where they stand as to whether they’re dating, rivals, secretly in love, on the brink of war, or whatever status he wants to give them. From there he can either continue to use Storm as some kind of lover or drop the romance altogether and have T’Challa move on to someone new.

If T’Challa’s visit is under the guise of some diplomatic visit he also gets the chance to update us on the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda and its status. Plus Krakoa is arguably Wakanda’s biggest rival and the X-books have controlled the narrative for 3 years about their relationship with the kingdom. This is a chance to see what T’Challa thinks of this new corner of the MU and the potential role they may have in future geopolitical stories under Ridley.

So I could see the appeal of getting this story beat out the way early, how it’s handled is the much bigger concern. If T’Challa is treated with respect and actually allowed to get one over the mutants that’s cool, but if this is him looking like a pussywhipped neophyte who gets outplayed by Storm then that spells bad things for the rest of this run IMO.

So place your bets, is the villain of this arc someone new or the return of an older Black Panther villain?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

So place your bets, is the villain of this arc someone new or the return of an older Black Panther villain?
    Probably Killmonger again, since it involves killing spies. Hunter is another possibility.

Probably Killmonger again, since it involves killing spies. Hunter is another possibility.
    Now that you mention it, it probably could be Hunter. Especially since he’s going to be the focus of that new Black Panther mini coming out later this year though I could be reaching there.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

It’s hard for the reveal of the spy-killer to be a “shocking revelation” if it’s someone we haven’t met before so I’m betting on an old BP villain. Achebe seems like a strong possibility because I could definitely see him having the capabilities to coordinate those assassinations and not get found out at first.

Hunter seems like another candidate having worked in espionage for all those years and he has been seen a bit more frequently (Empyre, this upcoming Rise rip-off). He also would fit well with the secret that T’Challa is trying to hide from everyone, perhaps they made an agreement or something in the past.

It could be a former ally/friend of T’Challa as well, maybe that one Wakandan friend he grew up with that died back in the 70’s never actually died.

Cannibal would be interesting, he’s basically a parasite so he might not actually be dead. And he’s a master infiltrator with his powers. Imagine if someone like Akili was revealed to really be Cannibal and he’s somehow been planning these assassinations from within Wakanda. The solicits do suggest that the culprit is based there.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-24-2021 at 06:59 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If I had to guess? By next year most here will agree its

Perdonally want it to be Achebe but I can see it being women new. T'Challa is in desperate need of new villains that can stick around that aren't Klaw, Killmonger, and M'Baku. Hopefully it won't be a villain from another franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Perdonally want it to be Achebe but I can see it being women new. T'Challa is in desperate need of new villains that can stick around that aren't Klaw, Killmonger, and M'Baku. Hopefully it won't be a villain from another franchise.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8u8md-NiHM ?

Lmao didn't even notice the auto correct changing it to women ��