Page 756 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 256656706746752753754755756757758759760766806856 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I know there's a "bit" of anti Killmonger talk here with the Ekie's of the world obsessed with Coogler's infactuation with MBJ.

However, I gotta say that no Boseman, no T'Challa is bad enough as it is. Just taking bias out of it I think the sequel is going to miss the charisma of MBJ/Killmonger and the acting chops of Andy Serkis.

Coogler said he regretted killing Klaue. There are those who think no matter how impactful their deaths to the story that Killmonger/Klaue were taken out way too soon. He kind of corned himself with Namor. Maybe the actor crushes it. It can not be underestimated just how big of a loss Boseman/T'Challa, MBJ/Killmonger, Serkis/Klaue are to the franchise. That is the loss of a LOT of talent. Its like stripping the Bulls of Jordan/Pippen/Rodman and thinking Kukoc can just pick up the slack.

And you'd think Coogler would have learned his lesson about killing important characters by not killing T'Challa.
    The loss of Killmonger and Klaw wouldn’t be as bad if Boseman were still alive (or if they would, you know, recast). Since then they could get even more talented actors to play members of T’Challas rogues gallery (I still stand by my idea of Denzel Washington playing Achebe).

But whatever, I’m not paying to see that stupid movie anyway. And hopefully when the dust settles, Coogler realizes he can recast via multiverse and then we can get a variant of T’Challa that’s more comic accurate. Same with Klaw and the sound powers.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    There’s already enough people out there who won’t support Black Panther just because he’s black, in a black country, doing things that promote black culture. I don’t want to join them. The example you gave about him being in crowd scenes simply doesn’t happen in solo series with the star character. Like I said previously I wouldn’t support a book that portrays Panther poorly. But it’s going to have to be some really bad writing.
    Eh, we had whole ass issues in Coates run where he literally wasn't there lol.

I personally gave Coates too much leash and should have abandoned much faster.

I'll start with Ridley but I will be quick to bail if he goes back to the same sort of bull. That Storm issue is going to be a bail out test for sure.

I'm personally not buying this Legends thing because I don't know what it is. Seems like a kid book and that doesn't interest me.

But yes, support what you want to continue (it is why I bought the avengers game after BP was release) but dump what sucks and dump it quickly. If Coates sales plummeted after 12 issues, he would have been gone faster.

(also why I refuse to pay for BP2. Hell, I didn't see BW and I still haven't seen Shang Chi although that is more scheduling issues. Supporting MCU right now pisses me off becasue of BP2)

I give ALL "Normal" comic with BP in them money to start. Coates shortened my "give it an arc or two!" to "give it 3 issues" before i'll bail though lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I'll start with Ridley but I will be quick to bail if he goes back to the same sort of bull. That Storm issue is going to be a bail out test for sure.

I'm personally not buying this Legends thing because I don't know what it is. Seems like a kid book and that doesn't interest me.

But yes, support what you want to continue (it is why I bought the avengers game after BP was release) but dump what sucks and dump it quickly. If Coates sales plummeted after 12 issues, he would have been gone faster.

(also why I refuse to pay for BP2. Hell, I didn't see BW and I still haven't seen Shang Chi although that is more scheduling issues. Supporting MCU right now pisses me off becasue of BP2)

I give ALL "Normal" comic with BP in them money to start. Coates shortened my "give it an arc or two!" to "give it 3 issues" before i'll bail though lol.

Well yeah I’m not paying for BP 2 either. I won’t be paying until TChalla is back in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The loss of Killmonger and Klaw wouldn’t be as bad if Boseman were still alive (or if they would, you know, recast). Since then they could get even more talented actors to play members of T’Challas rogues gallery (I still stand by my idea of Denzel Washington playing Achebe).

But whatever, I’m not paying to see that stupid movie anyway. And hopefully when the dust settles, Coogler realizes he can recast via multiverse and then we can get a variant of T’Challa that’s more comic accurate. Same with Klaw and the sound powers.
    They need to not kill T'Challa at all, you don't need to do a variant if T'Challa was lost in space, but assumed dead. There are so many ways to honor Chadwick that don't require killing off the character whom has existed for 50 years, and just made it to the big screen and just shown how Black led movies can be big blockbusters and creating the biggest Black male lead of all time. That's just not the right thinking, I understand that they are grieving, however, this is something that should of been out on a hiatus for longer than a few weeks.

I'm keeping my expectations for Ridley's run low. I'm not expecting a groundbreaking run that redefines T'Challa like Priest's did or something with the same quality of SWAD. I'm expecting something with the same type of quality as The Man Without Fear and The Most Dangerous Man Alive. Characters like the MA and Changamire can either not appear or stick in the background. Since we already know that Storm will be showing up I just don't want a repeat of the nonsense we got in the Coats era or last annihilation. I might check out Ridley's DC stuff to get a feel of what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I'm keeping my expectations for Ridley's run low. I'm not expecting a groundbreaking run that redefines T'Challa like Priest's did or something with the same quality of SWAD. I'm expecting something with the same type of quality as The Man Without Fear and The Most Dangerous Man Alive. Characters like the MA and Changamire can either not appear or stick in the background. Since we already know that Storm will be showing up I just don't want a repeat of the nonsense we got in the Coats era or last annihilation. I might check out Ridley's DC stuff to get a feel of what to expect.
    My expectations are so slow that I am settling for, "as long as T'challa isn't a whiney wimp" lol.

If I see anymore whiney wimp depressed head down tchalla, i'm out. Instantly. I'm done with that nonsense.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They need to not kill T'Challa at all, you don't need to do a variant if T'Challa was lost in space, but assumed dead. There are so many ways to honor Chadwick that don't require killing off the character whom has existed for 50 years, and just made it to the big screen and just shown how Black led movies can be big blockbusters and creating the biggest Black male lead of all time. That's just not the right thinking, I understand that they are grieving, however, this is something that should of been out on a hiatus for longer than a few weeks.
    I get what you’re saying. I’m just saying if T’Challa is given the kind of demise that’s 100% unambiguous, a variant is pretty much the only way he can be recast at that point.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 09-19-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Honestly I would be happy if we got a Hudlin like run from Ridley. Priest is the gold standard of how T'Challa should be written at all times and when fully realized, just how dangerous he is. Hudlins version is how the average writer can realistically portray T'Challa since Priest was on a different level, and Hudlins version is the easiest to replicate. The ONLY person who I would deem as a close second to Priest is Redjack. He is the only person I can think of currently who could truly do what Priest did for T'Challa and be an actual successor to priest

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    And that’s where I agree with you. If Black Panther is in it there’s a 90% chance I’m buying it, and usually more than one copy. People complain about not enough Black Panther content, but brag about dropping titles involving him or they don’t buy his content at all.
    See: Marauders. Bishop is on that team. Out of 24 issues he might have been in 8 maybe 10. In those issues he had about 2-3 pages of panel time. Alot of times they gave a data page where Bishop said something.

We had 5+ years of Coates where T'Challa was just there for the most part.

Can't buy the book just because he's in it. If the title if the book says "Black Panther" and T'Challa is in it, I expect a good showing by T'Challa. It's gotta be worth buying. If T'Challa is guest-spotting in another title, I don't want to see a chumped T'Challa. Obviously he isn't the star but he shouldn't be chumped or jobbed for ratings.

Naw, can't do it. I expect T'Challa and I expect him to do T'Challa-like things.

He doesn't need to reinvent dude but he sure can't come in and gives us so-so bro.

Ultimate Member

My expectations are so slow that I am settling for, "as long as T'challa isn't a whiney wimp" lol.

If I see anymore whiney wimp depressed head down tchalla, i'm out. Instantly. I'm done with that nonsense.
    I will pre-order issues 1-2.

I will WAIT until spoilers are out and will do so when SHE is in the book.

I am DONE with black male characters being chumped out in Marvel or DC books. Because echo chambers can't stop whining about them doing anything in a book.
    One or two issues don't undo years (looking at you Prodigy & Synch).

There are too many indy books with black males in the lead not being chumped out for anyone here to settle.

Looks like our King saved what was believed to be a dead game.
    64F90105-5681-415B-86E1-7042A222F307.jpg

Now is a good time for an actual Black Panther game to go into production.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, it sure would be.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I get what you’re saying. I’m just saying if T’Challa is given the kind of demise that’s 100% unambiguous, a variant is pretty much the only way he can be recast at that point.
    Yeah, I just don't see the need. Does nobody ever remember what happens when you try and have supporting cast pick up the slack of the title holder? Especially side characters who aren't set up to lead at all? I would hope someone at Marvel has the foresight to allow T'Challas death to be ambiguous so that Coogler and co can mourn their friend and say goodbye, but allowing the legacy he started with the character T'Challa to live on and continue to inspire black folks.

If we do get blessed one I'd prefer that it's developed by Insomniac. Plus it seems like they're developing their own universe which makes me wonder who could be next after Logan.