Page 806 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 306706756796802803804805806807808809810816856906 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,090 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m 27 so I don’t meet the age requirements. Sorry. But if you do go try and plant the idea of a live action T’Challa variant in people’s minds. Lol.
    Retired War Dog. Codename: Black Claw! Not to be confused with Klaw who is an enemy of Wakanda.

I swear if Eidos Montreal knocks it out of the park for that GOTG game then it could do a lot to repair reputation of Squares North American branch. And they’d be the studio I’d trust with a BP game if any of Sony’s studios won’t do it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

So we're getting a nearly 3 hour full detective Batman movie the same year we wont even get 3 mins of flashback scenes of T'Challa in a BLACK PANTHER movie. Lol yes Im triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    So we're getting a nearly 3 hour full detective Batman movie the same year we wont even get 3 mins of flashback scenes of T'Challa in a BLACK PANTHER movie. Lol yes Im triggered.
    With a recast Batman no less.

I’m 27 so I don’t meet the age requirements. Sorry. But if you do go try and plant the idea of a live action T’Challa variant in people’s minds. Lol.
    Shiii move aside young In I'll take your place lol make a shirt with this quote on there too with his mask on to prevent confusion

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I swear if Eidos Montreal knocks it out of the park for that GOTG game then it could do a lot to repair reputation of Squares North American branch. And they’d be the studio I’d trust with a BP game if any of Sony’s studios won’t do it.
    That would be cool. Eidos Montreal also did Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided, if I recall right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Funny how people are already saying Pattinson's Batman is going to be the best Batman.

One minute "How can Twilight boy be Batman" and then next minute "Pattinson is going to be the best".

Wish T'Challa got this same energy.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-14-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Funny how people are already saying Pattinson's Batman is going to be the best Batman..

I don’t see it. Bale was the best.

So, let me get this right:

Coogler wrote a bad Panther because he made Shuri smart.

Hudlin wrote a bad Panther because he created Shuri and had T'Challa marry Storm.

Priest wrote a bad Panther because he created white characters as supporting cast members/villains.

Of course, McGregor wrote a bad Panther because he kept getting beaten up.

You know what that means?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    With a recast Batman no less.
    And there are people who love Ben Affleck's Batman (me included) and they didnt let his issues stop them moving on. Now thats probably the most hyped comic book movie of 2022.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Funny how people are already saying Pattinson's Batman is going to be the best Batman.

One minute "How can Twilight boy be Batman" and then next minute "Pattinson is going to be the best".

Wish T'Challa got this same energy.
    Goes to show you that people always tend to doubt early. Just like they would have doubted seeing another actor as T'Challa. However, once promo material of him putting his foot on Namors neck everyone would have been on board.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Hudlin wrote a bad Panther because he created Shuri and had T'Challa marry Storm.

Priest wrote a bad Panther because he created white characters as supporting cast members/villains.

The only person that I would say wrote a bad TChalla is Coats. Everything else is nitpicks with enjoyment including the movie version. There have been no Flawless runs

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

really enjoyed the first issue of BP legends!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The only person that I would say wrote a bad TChalla is Coats. Everything else is nitpicks with enjoyment including the movie version. There have been no Flawless runs
    You forgot about Mayberry.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The only bad black panthers written were by Mayberry and Coates and his buddies.

Priest, Hudlin, and Coogler didn't write bad BPs but they definitely made made some mistakes that have long after effects.

Priests mistake was with the Dora's and their age which led to Coates no one man bullisht and how T'Challa felt like a guest in his own book because too much focus was on Ross.

Hudlin with Storm and Shuri not having a defining role and then taking over as BP, and not compensating for taking the feat of advancing Wakanda from T'Challa.

Coogler made two big mistakes by taking away T'Challas agency of opening Wakanda and giving it to Nakia. And then taking his core characteristic away and giving it to Shuri made him more akin to Black Captain America. Which those could of been fixed in the sequels but now since we are likely losing T'Challa in the MCU, that will not be the case...

No BP scribe, even the best, are free from criticism. It's just the good outweighs the bad. However in Cooglers case the bad is competing pretty hard with the good, especially if they are removing T'Challa
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 10-15-2021 at 05:15 AM.

Ultimate Member

Priest had to FIGHT editorial for his entire run. It is not the first time a black writer had to add white folks to something.

Go ask Jaime Foxx, Steve Harvey, Robert Townsend and Marlon Wayans about that. They were ORDERED by the WB to add white folks to their shows on the WB. Jaime sort of did. Steve did at the expense of 2 women of color, Robert SORT of did with the future voice guy of Teen Titans (Go) and Wayans did. In the Wayans case that white boy did not last long as he got his own show the following year with Ellen's wife, the Future Allen Strange and Bird from Soul Food.

Hudlin did his stuff in good faith. He could not have predicted the antics of another franchise. If NOBODY wanted them married-they should have said so. Not the first time an X-Men of color did better OUTSIDE of that franchise-Sunspot in Avengers says HI.

McGregor also has issues with editors.

Coates was the only one that WILLINGLY did his damage.