Page 32 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast

So I know all of us have been wanting to see T’Challa team up with Miles for quite a bit now. But who here thinks that seeing him and Moon Girl teaming up would be interesting? I just really want to see him interact with some of the younger heroes of the Marvel universe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

consulting...? word?

BANNED

Bad A$$ BP... word? look familiar?

these guys should be... embarrassed. Coates & Coogler are the new CB4. straight-up imposters.
    someone get FLEX an energy drink... pronto

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Coates era has really seemed like we were all put into this weird bizarro world where the book is isht but everyone talks like it's the greatest thing to happen to the character ever..
    The acclaim this book has gotten is mostly limited to bullshit comic sites and social media from what I've seen. Sales indicate that since the end of a Nation Under Our Feet, Coates' run has been an average seller at best to an utter failure commercially. In fact weren't most of the sales for the first "season" due to high first issue sales?

Coates only gets hype because of a little worldbuilding (Djalia, "developing" the Dora, giving us named Wakandan regions) and there being a large portion of "fans" that hate Hudlin's run and prop up Coates as an alternative. It's aesthetic is also the inspiration behind aspects of the BP film like the Kimoyo Beads and kinetic suit. Regardless of its critical reception among certain groups or its design influence on the MCU, this run has been forcefully repudiated by fans sales-wise and virtually every spin-off that followed Coates' direction failed spectacularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    different company.

These are Cool G Cookies.

As to the story.

What I hate about tie-ins is when there's no coordination between the main book and the various solo titles that tie in. Mosaic got screwed royally because nobody bothered to check with me about his powerset or whether the things they had him doing in the main story would even work based on how he actually worked.

never consulted, never called and they clearly never actually read the book. this forced me to do massive damage control rewrites to explain away all the stuff they got wrong. it pissed me off.

SO...

instead of that, prior to even coming up with this KiB story, I asked for EVERYTHING that had been written or drawn into the main mini-series books so that MY tie-in would match up.

If you're not reading the main story, you're not going to lose anything with this one-shot, IOW: you do not NEED to read them all. But if you ARE reading the main KiB series, some of this imagery they've just released is going to mean something TOTALLY different to you than face value.

i did not come to this so i could rehash old stuff.

This is a straight-up T'Challa is a badass story. If you're not here for that, you're not gonna love it.

Also, you're gonna love it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So I know all of us have been wanting to see T’Challa team up with Miles for quite a bit now. But who here thinks that seeing him and Moon Girl teaming up would be interesting? I just really want to see him interact with some of the younger heroes of the Marvel universe.
    That would be awesome. They should have Tchalla and her work together to invent something at the least
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-15-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Spectacular Member

Can't wait to see if Shuri or Killmonger the new BP

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The acclaim this book has gotten is mostly limited to bullshit comic sites and social media from what I've seen. Sales indicate that since the end of a Nation Under Our Feet, Coates' run has been an average seller at best to an utter failure commercially. In fact weren't most of the sales for the first "season" due to high first issue sales?

Coates only gets hype because of a little worldbuilding (Djalia, "developing" the Dora, giving us named Wakandan regions) and there being a large portion of "fans" that hate Hudlin's run and prop up Coates as an alternative. It's aesthetic is also the inspiration behind aspects of the BP film like the Kimoyo Beads and kinetic suit. Regardless of its critical reception among certain groups or its design influence on the MCU, this run has been forcefully repudiated by fans sales-wise and virtually every spin-off that followed Coates' direction failed spectacularly.
    Yeah for sure. I am actually curious if Coates has been forced to rewrite the last couple issues due to how shitty the book has been as sale and story wise

Yeah for sure. I am actually curious if Coates has been forced to rewrite the last couple issues due to how shitty the book has been as sale and story wise
    Probably not. Remember, Marvel sells comics to the stores based on pre-orders, so they've already been paid for those issues. Changing the storyline won't earn them or lose them any money.

That being said, at least one mini was apparently re-written from scratch, so it's not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Probably not. Remember, Marvel sells comics to the stores based on pre-orders, so they've already been paid for those issues. Changing the storyline won't earn them or lose them any money.

That being said, at least one mini was apparently re-written from scratch, so it's not impossible.
    Then why delay the book for almost a year? Then delay it again as we get closer to February? I mean maybe they were trying to catch some Black history month hype but why the second time?

so I think the King in Black: BP book could be really good. I'm gonna be optimistic for now. Seeing Storm in BP stuff still gives me PTSD though (I still have that unfinished BP & Storm tribute I abandoned once AvX dropped somewhere, probably on one of my old harddrives).

Also do y'all think it's an editorial decision to make Wakanda more like the films? We got the blaster spears. It looks like the Wakandan warriors have some nanotech armor they can equip which is a very nice touch.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...anther-preview

but where the mechs at? Does Wakanda not use mechs anymore? Not Hickman, not Coates or anybody else since Priest. Sure we got a Hulkbuster, but thats not what I'm talking about. When we gonna see those big Panther mechs again or flying battle drones?
    The J-man

Last time we saw the mechs was rise. We would of gotten the Panther Gundam in agent's empyre tie in had it not been cancelled

Then why delay the book for almost a year? Then delay it again as we get closer to February? I mean maybe they were trying to catch some Black history month hype but why the second time?
    Honestly? No clue. Maybe they thought that the book wouldn't sell well enough while stores were still closed? Maybe the artist is a lazy bastard? Maybe Coates has photos of CB Cebulski in a gothic lolita outfit? I still don't understand why they didn't just dump the issues to digital and cut their losses.

Last time we saw the mechs was rise. We would of gotten the Panther Gundam in agent's empyre tie in had it not been cancelled
    Oh yeah, that. I remember some drivel about how they couldn't afford to make side tier tie ins about characters not as impactful to the main characters. Yet here we are getting all kinds minor characters getting books low key subplots. And ONE whole Black Panther one shot. I guess its, Happy Kwanzaa and shut ya mouth!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so I think the King in Black: BP book could be really good. I'm gonna be optimistic for now. Seeing Storm in BP stuff still gives me PTSD though (I still have that unfinished BP & Storm tribute I abandoned once AvX dropped somewhere, probably on one of my old harddrives).

Also do y'all think it's an editorial decision to make Wakanda more like the films? We got the blaster spears. It looks like the Wakandan warriors have some nanotech armor they can equip which is a very nice touch.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...anther-preview

but where the mechs at? Does Wakanda not use mechs anymore? Not Hickman, not Coates or anybody else since Priest. Sure we got a Hulkbuster, but thats not what I'm talking about. When we gonna see those big Panther mechs again or flying battle drones?
    I've been thinking more about what some of the posters said on here in conversation with Redjack. Why can't we have the various levels of military have lite to heavy tech tactical armor? I get the nod to traditional garb, but the loincloth is flat out dumb. I'm just ready to see what used to be the reason Wakanda was so feared.