Page 136 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I looked through it, Hobbie used sound, but in KiB #4 Jean says fire and sound doesn't hurt these symbiote, or did I miss something?
    I can only guess that since these symbiotes just bonded with humans, they weren't at full strength, plus the sound was being amplified by how many unknown amps. That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I can only guess that since these symbiotes just bonded with humans, they weren't at full strength, plus the sound was being amplified by how many unknown amps. That would be my guess.
    the real truth is i asked and wasn't told that was a problem. if i'd been told that these new symbiotes were immune to that stuff i'd have just come up with another RadioShack solution. Hobie is THAT guy.

also, "Sound" isn't actually a thing. it's how our ears translate vibration in air, water or any other medium. So, if a thing can be punched, smacked, cut or broken physically, that thing is vulnerable to "sound," regardless of what Jean Grey says.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    the real truth is i asked and wasn't told that was a problem. if i'd been told that these new symbiotes were immune to that stuff i'd have just come up with another RadioShack solution. Hobie is THAT guy.

also, "Sound" isn't actually a thing. it's how our ears translate vibration in air, water or any other medium. So, if a thing can be punched, smacked, cut or broken physically, that thing is vulnerable to "sound," regardless of what Jean Grey says.
    I'd imagine that it would be a case of either finding the right frequency to affect the symbiotes or amplifying it to a certain level like in KiB:BP or a combination of both. Whatever the reason, I enjoyed both stories.

Hey all, thanks for the posts on Hornet. Just read King In Black: Planet of the Symbiotes #2. Always been a fan of Hobie and I agree with the others, it's great to see his technical and scientific know how come on display. Indeed, the issue was a good reminder of that.

Also, couldn't help but smile a bit. As a fan of the "Identity Crisis" arc of Spider-Man and the Slingers, I suddenly remembered that a key player in all of this was Hobie. He was the guy that invented the Hornet costume. Here he is talking about it during one of the Hornet's first appearances:

From what I recall, the reason he himself couldn't wear it was because it was too heavy for him. Awesome to see that he refined the suit. My only hope is that we haven't seen the last of Hobie's Prowler tech. The claws, the beams, and especially the cool mask, hope will still get to see them!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all, thanks for the posts on Hornet. Just read King In Black: Planet of the Symbiotes #2. Always been a fan of Hobie and I agree with the others, it's great to see his technical and scientific know how come on display. Indeed, the issue was a good reminder of that.

Also, couldn't help but smile a bit. As a fan of the "Identity Crisis" arc of Spider-Man and the Slingers, I suddenly remembered that a key player in all of this was Hobie. He was the guy that invented the Hornet costume. Here he is talking about it during one of the Hornet's first appearances:

From what I recall, the reason he himself couldn't wear it was because it was too heavy for him. Awesome to see that he refined the suit. My only hope is that we haven't seen the last of Hobie's Prowler tech. The claws, the beams, and especially the cool mask, hope will still get to see them!

Hobie is halfway between Iron Man and McGuyver.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That's some great art of the Black Panther there, and given all the positive reception for Redjack's Hobie Brown story and the King in Black: Black Panther one-shot, I'm wondering if it'd be possible for Hobie and T'Challa to team up at some point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This is very good, love the detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's some great art of the Black Panther there, and given all the positive reception for Redjack's Hobie Brown story and the King in Black: Black Panther one-shot, I'm wondering if it'd be possible for Hobie and T'Challa to team up at some point.
    Yeah, that's a cool idea. There're also a lot of young heroes that T'Challa should meet.

Yeah, that's a cool idea. There're also a lot of young heroes that T'Challa should meet.
    i can neither confirm nor deny such a future meeting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks. Definitely concur on the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i can neither confirm nor deny such a future meeting.
    Understandable.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

So how we feeling about The up coming BP ISSUE this Wednesday?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    No feeling at all. NONE. A waste of all those black cameos that will end up with everyone worshiping one person-whose fans appear to be the only ones excited about that book.

More interested in the Marvel Voices and Nuboa books.

Mighty Member

There's an issue of BP coming out Wednesday?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Issue? What issue?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"