Page 275 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see what you mean. But IMO Klaw was more entertaining than Killmonger, who came off as a phase 1 villain to me. Plus those plot points could've still happened another way. Idk why T'Challa even struggled against Erik in the waterfall area tbh when he's shown to easily defeat Klaw.
    I sometimes come to this board for the comedy. yikes

What do you make of the "Summer Break" title for BP2?

I really hope thats just an onset working title and not the actual movie title.

Also they really should have got another writer to work with Coogler like last time. This is a LOT to write by yourself. Only one I can think of who directed and wrote something by themselves was James Gunn. And that story was kinda meh on GOTG2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Also they really should have got another writer to work with Coogler like last time. This is a LOT to write by yourself. Only one I can think of who directed and wrote something by themselves was James Gunn. And that story was kinda meh on GOTG2 imo.
    The production titles never mean anything in regards to the actual movie title
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Killmonger, who came off as a phase 1 villain to me.

Idk why T'Challa even struggled against Erik in the waterfall area tbh when he's shown to easily defeat Klaw.
    Well... klaw had no way of actually hurting T'challa in his suit. He tanked his sonic arm thing completely.

And t'challa struggled because he ran up against a blood lusted dude who formidable skills while T'challa was hesitant, emotionally drained, and it cost him.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Well... klaw had no way of actually hurting T'challa in his suit. He tanked his sonic arm thing completely.

And t'challa struggled because he ran up against a blood lusted dude who formidable skills while T'challa was hesitant, emotionally drained, and it cost him.
    I should rephrase. Killmonger was like a phase 1 villain done right. he's still kinda boring IMO, but he was well made

I can semi-see why Killmonger won, but I though T'Challa went down too easily. He's trained for this his whole life.

I should rephrase. Killmonger was like a phase 1 villain done right. he's still kinda boring IMO, but he was well made

I can semi-see why Killmonger won, but I though T'Challa went down too easily. He's trained for this his whole life.
    so had Killmonger.

While Killmonger finally reached the point he trained his whole life for, his entire motivation... T'challa just got back from Korea where he lost Klaw again, pontentially threatened his country to save Ross, learned his dad that he idolized killed his uncle and left his cousin to rot in America... this some cousin has shown up at his doorstep to tell everyone to truth and challenge him to a fight to a throne.

And he still took the fight. And still showed mercy to Killmonger... and paid for it.

HE didn't hesitate the second time.

The production titles never mean anything in regards to the actual movie title
    True. You're right.

I've seen some speculate (because of the working title) as it could take place during the snap.

I mean the 1st BP picked up right after CW even though that movie was 2 yrs later.

I've seen some speculate (because of the working title) as it could take place during the snap.

I think its perfect since ill be taking a break from the MCU BlackPanther fanfic

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I think its perfect since ill be taking a break from the MCU BlackPanther fanfic
    I see. You've got lots of Coates reading and re-reading to catch up on. Let me know when you start from the beginning.

Ultimate Member

so had Killmonger.

While Killmonger finally reached the point he trained his whole life for, his entire motivation... T'challa just got back from Korea where he lost Klaw again, pontentially threatened his country to save Ross, learned his dad that he idolized killed his uncle and left his cousin to rot in America... this some cousin has shown up at his doorstep to tell everyone to truth and challenge him to a fight to a throne.

And he still took the fight. And still showed mercy to Killmonger... and paid for it.

HE didn't hesitate the second time.
    When you put it like that, it makes more sense.

I guess I feel like T'Challa sometimes was a guest star in his own movie. But maybe I'm wrong

Read my mind like Charles Xavier.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

When you put it like that, it makes more sense.

I guess I feel like T'Challa sometimes was a guest star in his own movie. But maybe I'm wrong
    Right or wrong Alot of ppl came away with that feeling.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Right or wrong Alot of ppl came away with that feeling.
    I thought there were way too many supporting characters. The only ones who stood out to me were Shuri, Okoye and Ross. I couldn't care about anyone else, despite liking all the actors. I've said this elsewhere so I apologize if I sound like a broken record. I just hope the sequel focuses on those guys and not everyone else.

I thought there were way too many supporting characters. The only ones who stood out to me were Shuri, Okoye and Ross. I couldn't care about anyone else, despite liking all the actors. I've said this elsewhere so I apologize if I sound like a broken record. I just hope the sequel focuses on those guys and not everyone else.
    The sequel will likely focus on everyone else. Without the main character literally nothing but whatever narrative coogler wants to push needs to be focused on in addition to whatever overarching world-building that Marvel Executives place into the movie.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-16-2021 at 03:24 PM.