Page 340 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440840 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    One of the things I wish they would do with the Black Panther Mythos is bring hunter back in either a mini or as a supporting character. He's just as calculating as T'challa and a Loyalist to the Wakandan Throne. As much as I loved David Liss's run on BP. I think Hunter being characterized as a crazed murderer who was Jealous of T'challa was the ONE thing he got wrong.

T'challa banned hunter because of his brutal methods, Hunter said that T'chaka not only knew about his methods but he ordered them. I tend to believe that, and I could see S'yan keeping them in place as well. Him and T'challa were at odds, but he loved Ramonda and Vice-Versa. I think his Royal Status should be restored.
    I Agree. Hunter adds to the mythos

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I agree. Like MoS said, it would’ve been better to have Shuri find herself post-Secret Wars rather than having story time with “Mother” lol. That way you could get the aspects you laid out as far as her being Wakanda’s greatest mind and kinda transitioning away from the field a bit in favor of satiating her need for more knowledge (both in terms of science and alchemy). She sees things as more of a binary, fitting her younger, more straightforward personality, but T’Challa sees the gray and approaches problems in a more unorthodox way.

Combine that mindset with a bit of quip and little sister sass and I think Shuri not only can be a lighthearted supporting character to T’Challa, but have enough personality to carry her own series with the right direction. I also agree M’Baku could work too if you’re looking for less dry side characters. He can reach some kind of respectful agreement with T’Challa over their ideologies and he can be a bright spot in T’Challa’s cast with the MCU influences.

That’s basically how I feel now. T’Challa is Wakanda’s greatest warrior and the visionary prep god with a plan, Shuri is Wakanda’s brightest mind in the sciences while using alchemy as a supplement. That said, just because Shuri dabbles in mysticism doesn’t mean T’Challa doesn’t either. Shuri’s magic connections come from the ancestors and Wakanda’s collective spirit while T’Challa’s comes directly from the gods, that’s an important distinction.

She can access the Djalia and (with the aid of tech) use it to manifest new forms of matter and energy but T’Challa is the one conversing directly with Bast and using her blessings aka KOTD. One day I promise y’all someone will make it work lol. That’s why I think they need to soft retcon away Shuri’s necromancy powers of Griot, so that can remain T’Challa’s specialty outside his regular arsenal (kinetic suit/anti-metal claws/energy daggers).
    Yeah, this here, it's basically like how T'Challa has been used in the Avengers on the past. He doesn't fall into a specific scientific study or field, yet he can be discussing Pym parties one minutes, to mystical LoA with voodoo the next, to working with Reed on the ultimate nullifier. A Jack of all trades, and can jump in and provide his extensive knowledge wherever needed.

As for kotd. I dunno what to do with that, it's kinda garbage lol especially with how Coates handled it

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    One of the things I wish they would do with the Black Panther Mythos is bring hunter back in either a mini or as a supporting character. He's just as calculating as T'challa and a Loyalist to the Wakandan Throne. As much as I loved David Liss's run on BP. I think Hunter being characterized as a crazed murderer who was Jealous of T'challa was the ONE thing he got wrong.

T'challa banned hunter because of his brutal methods, Hunter said that T'chaka not only knew about his methods but he ordered them. I tend to believe that, and I could see S'yan keeping them in place as well. Him and T'challa were at odds, but he loved Ramonda and Vice-Versa. I think his Royal Status should be restored.
    100% agree on hunter in regards to Liss and in General.

I get what Liss was going for but... not his strongest decision IMHO

And Rise of the BP re-confirmed T'chaka/Syan let Hunter loose as the HZ. His queen was kidnapped (second queen taken frm him). T'aka low key snapped a bit lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There are a bunch of "solarpunk" stories that sort of operate on that level.
    Hmm, I should probably check those out. It'd be cool to see a futuristic Wakanada (maybe in a 2099 setting) as solarpunk while the world around it is still cyberpunk (or edging into post-cyberpunk).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Out of curiosity

Do you guys like "boring name" tribes like Mining, River, Merchant, Border, Jabari

or "cool name" tribes like Crocodile, Lion, Hyena, Panther, White Gorialla, ect

I was in no one bias calling one cool name and one boring name lol
    Both & if it was up to me Hunter would be shot in forehead, body burned & ashes sent to space..

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shadow physics was a cool line that resulted in a shitty teleporter and i think some colored swords lol

I have no problem with SHuri doing more with that.

Plus the less referencecs to Doom War, the better
    This.......

I agree. Like MoS said, it would’ve been better to have Shuri find herself post-Secret Wars rather than having story time with “Mother” lol. That way you could get the aspects you laid out as far as her being Wakanda’s greatest mind and kinda transitioning away from the field a bit in favor of satiating her need for more knowledge (both in terms of science and alchemy). She sees things as more of a binary, fitting her younger, more straightforward personality, but T’Challa sees the gray and approaches problems in a more unorthodox way.

Combine that mindset with a bit of quip and little sister sass and I think Shuri not only can be a lighthearted supporting character to T’Challa, but have enough personality to carry her own series with the right direction. I also agree M’Baku could work too if you’re looking for less dry side characters. He can reach some kind of respectful agreement with T’Challa over their ideologies and he can be a bright spot in T’Challa’s cast with the MCU influences.

That’s basically how I feel now. T’Challa is Wakanda’s greatest warrior and the visionary prep god with a plan, Shuri is Wakanda’s brightest mind in the sciences while using alchemy as a supplement. That said, just because Shuri dabbles in mysticism doesn’t mean T’Challa doesn’t either. Shuri’s magic connections come from the ancestors and Wakanda’s collective spirit while T’Challa’s comes directly from the gods, that’s an important distinction.

She can access the Djalia and (with the aid of tech) use it to manifest new forms of matter and energy but T’Challa is the one conversing directly with Bast and using her blessings aka KOTD. One day I promise y’all someone will make it work lol. That’s why I think they need to soft retcon away Shuri’s necromancy powers of Griot, so that can remain T’Challa’s specialty outside his regular arsenal (kinetic suit/anti-metal claws/energy daggers).
    Can’t agree more...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The way Coates see Wakanda compared to previous writers is night and day.

Have we ever talked about the BET hudlin Black Panther cartoon? Other than the animation style what is everyone's thoughts on it?

Have we ever talked about the BET hudlin Black Panther cartoon? Other than the animation style what is everyone's thoughts on it?
    I thought it was pretty ok. Wish it had gotten more episodes though, but it is what it is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, I should probably check those out. It'd be cool to see a futuristic Wakanada (maybe in a 2099 setting) as solarpunk while the world around it is still cyberpunk (or edging into post-cyberpunk).
    Isn't Wakanda already a solarpunk civilization? When I look at all the hallmarks of the genre: egalitarian society, sustainable material culture, culturally progressive (for the most part), Wakanda seems to meet the definition. That the Techno-Jungle was part of the kingdom's introduction makes me feel Wakanda is the solarpunk civilization that modern sci-fi is trying to envision. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were way ahead of the curve. The question about solarpunk is that as a setting it's very difficult to create conflict because things are very utopian. I've seen discussion in literary spaces about how "-punk" as a genre really only works if you have something for characters to rebel against. With cyberpunk you got the technocratic elites that rule the megacorps and governments who make life for the lower classes miserable. Biopunk takes that same idea but replaces cybernetics with biotechnology. With solarpunk who are your characters rebelling against? The communal farms and artisanal workers' guilds that support a strong, eco-friendly welfare state lol?

It's why most solarpunk works in my experience comes off as little more than speculative sci-fi with a "green" edge for a dash of futurism. It's also why there's no solarpunk equivalent to a Neuromancer or Ghost in the Shell. Wakanda as a setting poses the same problems, it's too perfect for there to be much conflict, so you're pretty much left with A. religious strife (like the White Gorilla Cult of the Jabari), B. Xenophobic nationalists who want to stop extending a hand to the outside world, or C. Intertribal warfare caused for petty (and often contrived) reasons like a Dora marrying someone not named BP. So writer either has to ignore established facts of Wakandan society in order to create conflict (like the crack in Wakanda story) or really do their best to justify why certain conflicts take place. I prefer if we saw more of the latter and writers took more unique approaches to routes A, B, and C. If we role with the idea that Wakanda is really stepping up on the world stage, that should be causing a cascade of changes within Wakandan society that can be a jumping off point for new conflicts T'Challa has to deal with as king.

Ultimate Member

The conflict could arise with T'Challa and other Wakandans trying to export their ideas to other less utopian nations

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Isn't Wakanda already a solarpunk civilization? When I look at all the hallmarks of the genre: egalitarian society, sustainable material culture, culturally progressive (for the most part), Wakanda seems to meet the definition. That the Techno-Jungle was part of the kingdom's introduction makes me feel Wakanda is the solarpunk civilization that modern sci-fi is trying to envision. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were way ahead of the curve. The question about solarpunk is that as a setting it's very difficult to create conflict because things are very utopian. I've seen discussion in literary spaces about how "-punk" as a genre really only works if you have something for characters to rebel against. With cyberpunk you got the technocratic elites that rule the megacorps and governments who make life for the lower classes miserable. Biopunk takes that same idea but replaces cybernetics with biotechnology. With solarpunk who are your characters rebelling against? The communal farms and artisanal workers' guilds that support a strong, eco-friendly welfare state lol?

It's why most solarpunk works in my experience comes off as little more than speculative sci-fi with a "green" edge for a dash of futurism. It's also why there's no solarpunk equivalent to a Neuromancer or Ghost in the Shell. Wakanda as a setting poses the same problems, it's too perfect for there to be much conflict, so you're pretty much left with A. religious strife (like the White Gorilla Cult of the Jabari), B. Xenophobic nationalists who want to stop extending a hand to the outside world, or C. Intertribal warfare caused for petty (and often contrived) reasons like a Dora marrying someone not named BP. So writer either has to ignore established facts of Wakandan society in order to create conflict (like the crack in Wakanda story) or really do their best to justify why certain conflicts take place. I prefer if we saw more of the latter and writers took more unique approaches to routes A, B, and C. If we role with the idea that Wakanda is really stepping up on the world stage, that should be causing a cascade of changes within Wakandan society that can be a jumping off point for new conflicts T'Challa has to deal with as king.
    Solid points there, come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    The conflict could arise with T'Challa and other Wakandans trying to export their ideas to other less utopian nations
    And those other, less utopian nations feeling their own power threatened or diminished by Wakanda becoming an active presence on the world stage in the face of Wakanda's superior technology, unable or unwilling to believe Wakanda means well for the world because of what they themselves have spent years, decades, even centuries doing to less (technologically) advanced nations and cultures and projecting their guilt onto Wakanda. Basically, it'd be a case of "evil cannot comprehend good" on a geopolitical level.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Solid points there, come to think of it.

And those other, less utopian nations feeling their own power threatened or diminished by Wakanda becoming an active presence on the world stage in the face of Wakanda's superior technology, unable or unwilling to believe Wakanda means well for the world because of what they themselves have spent years, decades, even centuries doing to less (technologically) advanced nations and cultures and projecting their guilt onto Wakanda. Basically, it'd be a case of "evil cannot comprehend good" on a geopolitical level.
    Yeah. Some political tension would arise between those in other nations who think Wakandan ideals work, and those who don't, or who may be threatened by it

....what and why?
    LOL did you miss this when it came out? I think there was a decent percentage of people defending this catastrophe lol

I like the animation, I don't mind cartoons that take a risk or do somethign different. Gives it some style. Pretty sure I own this cartoon somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Wakanda doesn't export ideas or force it upon people though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html