Page 361 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411461861 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He had an arc. Do I open the country or not? There was evidence for and against. He chose to fo it. Arc over.
    There was obviously a lot more for him to do like being an Avenger and dealing with the consequences of opening up Wakanda. Not to mention missing out on seeing his interactions with Reed Richards or Storm. But all of that is kaput and a reboot won’t happen for a long time. So yeah, as far as I’m concerned T’Challa got screwed the hardest. Screwed with a capital S. All I can hope for now is that he remains prominent in the comics and doesn’t end up going the way of Hector Ayala.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    There was obviously a lot more for him to do like being an Avenger and dealing with the consequences of opening up Wakanda. Not to mention missing out on seeing his interactions with Reed Richards or Storm. But all of that is kaput and a reboot won’t happen for a long time. So yeah, as far as I’m concerned T’Challa got screwed the hardest. Screwed with a capital S. All I can hope for now is that he remains prominent in the comics and doesn’t end up going the way of Hector Ayala.
    Got screwed out of stories that may or may not have happened or been any better than Galactus being a cloud of smoke. Lol

If the sequal has no Doom, Namor or Storm, are those fans right to be upset. Plenty of people were betting one of them would show up. Not here but on other platforms.
    Last edited by Cville; 05-05-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Got screwed out of stories that may or may not have happened or been any better than Galactus being a cloud of smoke. Lol

If the sequal has no Doom, Namor or Storm, are those fans right to be upset. Plenty of people were betting one of them would show up. Not here but on other platforms.
    Thing is, Black Panther is "supposed" to be a platform for every damn body else and then maybe at some point tell his own story. Maybe. I think those same people would be upset Carol, Howard the Duck, and probably five out people I'm blanking on aren't included either.

Tony Stark's arc should have ended with him revealing to the world that he's Iron Man.

I think what "hurts" about BP is that...

1. It was so abrupt. No warning or anything.

2. the franchise was THIS close to ascending into a higher class of character that will never have to worry about disappearing ever again lol. THIS close to being cap/thor/hulk/logan and such. Now everything is super uncertain, at best.

3. BP1 was such a great movie that it deserved a sequel continuing the themes.

oh well, hello darkness my friend
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Tony Stark's arc should have ended with him revealing to the world that he's Iron Man.
    And if RDJ had died before the 2nd movie started shooting it could have. They probably would have been able to keep Terrance Howard. Lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Thing is, Black Panther is "supposed" to be a platform for every damn body else and then maybe at some point tell his own story. Maybe. I think those same people would be upset Carol, Howard the Duck, and probably five out people I'm blanking on aren't included either.
    There aren’t any Black Panther stories with the same visibility among comic fans as Doomwar, his conflict with Namor, or his marriage to Storm. Those are the three most prominent aspects of T’Challa’s character for people who read comics but don’t actually read Black Panther. So it shouldn’t surprise anyone that all these media outlets, most of whom don’t give a damn about actual BP lore, are talking about the most high profile stories T’Challa’s been a part of.

They’re not wrong to expect those characters in the sequel IMO. The issue is how prominent they expect them to be. The way some fanboys and outlets describe BP2 you’d think Namor was gonna be the lead character. Or that Storm is gonna be the second prominent character after T’Challa (pre-this whole situation).

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think what "hurts" about BP is that...

1. It was so abrupt. No warning or anything.

2. the franchise was THIS close to ascending into a higher class of character that will never have to worry about disappearing ever again lol. THIS close to being cap/thor/hulk/logan and such. Now everything is super uncertain, at best.

3. BP1 was such a great movie that it deserved a sequel continuing the themes.

oh well, hello darkness my friend
    But as a Tchalla fan I already live in the sun. If my fandom is dependent on how big the character is or how many people know him, I'm just there for bragging rights. I just appreciate that the movie made a ton of merchandise available.

And if RDJ had died before the 2nd movie started shooting it could have. They probably would have been able to keep Terrance Howard. Lol
    Doubt that would have happened considering how Feige had planned for an Avengers movie in which Tony Stark will play a key role in

Probably would have taken a break and then recast him. This doesn't apply to BP and IMO, it doesn't really affect the MCU in the grand scheme of things

Astonishing Member

But as a Tchalla fan I already live in the sun. If my fandom is dependent on how big the character is or how many people know him, I'm just there for bragging rights. I just appreciate that the movie made a ton of merchandise available.
    For me it’s not about popularity, it’s more about the implications of T’Challa not being in the MCU. It’s impossible to say how the comics, animation, and gaming mediums will start treating the character when he’s removed from the movies. Maybe nothing changes but MCU synergy is a very real thing and that’s where the uncertainty and disappointment comes from as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    For me it’s not about popularity, it’s more about the implications of T’Challa not being in the MCU. It’s impossible to say how the comics, animation, and gaming mediums will start treating the character when he’s removed from the movies. Maybe nothing changes but MCU synergy is a very real thing and that’s where the uncertainty and disappointment comes from as a fan.
    I think it's time to accept the inevitable.

T'Challa will become a footnote in the BP franchise just like The Six Million Dollar Man.

The bigger the character, the more stuff you get.

More solos with bigger names and better artists, more minis, more guest appearances, more team books, more cartoons, more video games, more movies, more merch... even more chances for more movies in the future when reboots happen.

I mean, ****, even MCU wise... I wanna see the consequences of T'challa's decision in BPI. The good and the bad. Both W'kabi and Nakia had good points.

Speaking of W'kabi... tehcnically he could be BP sense he was border tribe leader, depending on his sentence for being a pseudo traitor lol. and Daniel has a big name......
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Isnt that the plot to the Amazing Spiderman movie?
    I never watched Amazing spider man. But Jakkara only cares about Wakanda, he doesn't want to evolve the human race, just Wakanda, if he would have it his way, he wants everyone in Wakanda to be like him and for Wakanda itself to move to the stars, away from earth, for all he cares, earth can die off while Wakanda lives on, evolved and advancing closer to Bast

Astonishing Member

T'Challa will become a footnote in the BP franchise just like The Six Million Dollar Man.
    In the movies sure. I’m more worried about where that leaves him everywhere else. What does him becoming a footnote in the movies mean for him in future comics, cartoons, and games? Do they make him the secondary BP? Make a habit of killing him off early so they can put Shuri or whoever in the mantle? Reduce his appearances in team books like Avengers? Turn his book into a stealth ensemble? Those are the questions I have moving forward, I’ve accepted where he’ll end up popularity-wise in the MCU and that doesn’t bother me nearly as much as how he’ll be treated in other mediums.

Well it was fun while it lasted. Bast damn you Marvel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"