Page 363 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373413463863 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But they dont have little to read. They can read those stories

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m a greedy fan lol.
    yeah, I"m selfish AF lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    So they're basically going to Cole Young the BP franchise both in the movies and in the comics if they deem it fit.
    It won't work in the comics.

They will try, for trade purposes, teh same reason they made a shuri book already. and a killmonger book.

But there is little to no precedence of this working in comics. Marvel comics knows that. So they will pump out stuff with the movie characters... but it doesn't mean T'challa is gone as BP. Because comic fans hate change.

It is more likely they just give up on the whole franchise because it isn't worth trying to keep it alive with relaunches and big name writers than it is T'chalal is completely replaced.

In other news T’Challa and the Avengers about to get that work in Immortal Hulk. I really like when Bruce lets loose and beats up super teams. T’Challa could barely finish his sentence when he saw you know who coming in to back Hulk up.
    Yeah they are about to get stomped, hard.

T'challa needs just just go, "lol nvm guys, carry on" and just leave lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m trying to have hope but I’m not holding my breath. And as frustrated as I am about this, I’m still worried for the cast. Especially Coogler since he just sounds drained in every interview he’s had since Chadwick’s death and I’m scared he might break when they start filming.
    Yeah, Disney is hella greedy. Again, I keep reiterating this. NOT EVEN 3 MONTHS PASSED SONCE CHAD'S DEATH THET FEIGI ANNOUNCED THEY WEREN'T RECASTING AND KEEPING SCHEDULE. Like I don't think people are grasping the gravity of that and how little time that actually is to deal with the loss. When I lost my grandpa, my Dad was a wreck, even though he knew it was coming, my oldest brother and I had to essentially rin my parents company for the first several months because it was Too much to deal with for that time. Imaging doing what Coogler is doing has even doubly so. They should of waited. They should not of even been trying to push the schedule.

But they dont have little to read. They can read those stories
    As much as I enjoy BP I don't want to be stuck reading the same issues over and over for the next 20 years. More exposure means more content to read and more ideas explored. I dunno about other's but I would hardly be satisfied with that. Especially when other Characters are allowed to continue to thrive unabated.

That’s a thought, never really considered that. Never been much of a writer but maybe it wouldn’t hurt. HEF is Hudlin’s Entertainment Forums, right? I used to lurk there a while back lol y’all are great over there.

In other news T’Challa and the Avengers about to get that work in Immortal Hulk. I really like when Bruce lets loose and beats up super teams. T’Challa could barely finish his sentence when he saw you know who coming in to back Hulk up.
    That's the place. My thread is call Fan Fiction. Lol

I'm not a writer. There are plenty of errors and the continuity probably isnt good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, Disney is hella greedy. Again, I keep reiterating this. NOT EVEN 3 MONTHS PASSED SONCE CHAD'S DEATH THET FEIGI ANNOUNCED THEY WEREN'T RECASTING AND KEEPING SCHEDULE. Like I don't think people are grasping the gravity of that and how little time that actually is to deal with the loss. When I lost my grandpa, my Dad was a wreck, even though he knew it was coming, my oldest brother and I had to essentially rin my parents company for the first several months because it was Too much to deal with for that time. Imaging doing what Coogler is doing has even doubly so. They should of waited. They should not of even been trying to push the schedule.

As much as I enjoy BP I don't want to be stuck reading the same issues over and over for the next 20 years. More exposure means more content to read and more ideas explored. I dunno about other's but I would hardly be satisfied with that. Especially when other Characters are allowed to continue to thrive unabated.
    So then it's not about BP. It's about how he compares to others. As I've said, that just a game of bragging writes because you cant guarantee any future content will be good.

Like the current Omni-Man social media. Some of its about him as a person, but there is plenty of could he beat Superman or Goku. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 05-05-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Right. As we speak they are still making more James Bond books and comics (which I think are great) despite the character's inception in 1953

And again, more people will heal from Chadwick’s passing the more time goes by and thus be more supportive of a recast. Imagine if this movie isn’t set during the blip and they kill off T’Challa and the film isn’t as well received as the first. People are going to see how painfully obvious of a short sighted move that was as it was made out of grief and not logical planning. And who knows, maybe the cast will change their minds about killing him off and see it as a bad move once they heal. And just like that people will be in doubt about this franchise and all because Mickey Mouse decided his bottom line was more important at the end of the day.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Really I wouldn’t mind if the he and the cast came to a decision to just let the franchise rest for a while after this movie like how the MCU is giving the Avengers a rest right now. But there’s too much money to be made for Mickey Mouse, so it’s unlikely. That and Coogler is producing other Disney + shows aside from the Wakanda show.
    At the end of the day, it's money over everything.

"If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense"

So then it's not about BP. It's about how he compares to others. As I've said, that just a game of bragging writes because you cant guarantee any future content will be good.

Like the current Omni-Man social media. Some of its about him as a person, but there is plenty of could he beat Superman or Goku. Lol
    Has nothing to do with bragging rights. It has EVERYTHING to do with when I was younger I saw all type do Batman, spiderman, Superman etc etc Comics and nothing about Characters that look like me. Yes in recent years I stumbled upon BP and the HEF and cbr forums and learned about BP. I then went out and found old comics and consumed the isht out of all of it. Reading and rereading that stuff. But just like any other fan, I want more. I want comics that evolve with the times, seeing T'Challa handle newer, bigger threats, seeing him interacting and being apart of the greater MU and having events focused around him. I want to see exploration of different ideas and concepts and T'Challa put into different situations to come out stronger than before.
    Batman fans, spiderman fans and other fans never have to worry about not having new stories to read ONTOP of their greatest hits.

Yes there is no guarantee that new stuff will be good. We just suffered through Coates era, however, we also have what JA is producing and just because someone may be a bust, does that mean they drop T'Challa all together? Isht for older fans like Digi who have been fans for longer, that would be like if all he had was just Panthers quest, and nothing else. Do you reread T'Challa getting the isht kicked out of him and having to just be satisfied with that. There's nothing wrong with wanting More and for a Character, one with so much historical relevance attached to him, to continue on and not be cast to the wayside, his legacy fading away every passing day.

When it comes to american Comics, I literally only care about T'Challa and his world being interacted BY him. The last movie I saw in theaters was Black Panther. I didn't care much to see IW or EG in theaters. I didn't. I streamed them. T'Challa has had a huge impact on me and he's a Character I want other young kid's to be exposed to before they are adult's and have been constantly shown to see people that look like them cast in a certain light
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-05-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think what "hurts" about BP is that...

1. It was so abrupt. No warning or anything.

2. the franchise was THIS close to ascending into a higher class of character that will never have to worry about disappearing ever again lol. THIS close to being cap/thor/hulk/logan and such. Now everything is super uncertain, at best.

3. BP1 was such a great movie that it deserved a sequel continuing the themes.

oh well, hello darkness my friend
    Well at least Coates is giving us Black Superman

Ironically I think thats the type of thing that will make them bring T'Challa back. You know Feige is competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Well at least Coates is giving us Black Superman

Ironically I think thats the type of thing that will make them bring T'Challa back. You know Feige is competitive.
    Either that or it’ll convince him to make a Blue Marvel movie (assuming he isn’t already in Captain Mar- oh I’m sorry I mean “The Marvels”.)

I’m just trying to hold on to hope for this character I really am.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Has nothing to do with bragging rights. It has EVERYTHING to do with when I was younger I saw all type do Batman, spiderman, Superman etc etc Comics and nothing about Characters that look like me. Yes in recent years I stumbled upon BP and the HEF and cbr forums and learned about BP. I then went out and found old comics and consumed the isht out of all of it. Reading and rereading that stuff. But just like any other fan, I want more. I want comics that evolve with the times, seeing T'Challa handle newer, bigger threats, seeing him interacting and being apart of the greater MU and having events focused around him. I want to see exploration of different ideas and concepts and T'Challa put into different situations to come out stronger than before.
    Batman fans, spiderman fans and other fans never have to worry about not having new stories to read ONTOP of their greatest hits.

Yes there is no guarantee that new stuff will be good. We just suffered through Coates era, however, we also have what JA is producing and just because someone may be a bust, does that mean they drop T'Challa all together? Isht for older fans like Digi who have been fans for longer, that would be like if all he had was just Panthers quest, and nothing else. Do you reread T'Challa getting the isht kicked out of him and having to just be satisfied with that. There's nothing wrong with wanting More and for a Character, one with so much historical relevance attached to him, to continue on and not be cast to the wayside, his legacy fading away every passing day.

When it comes to american Comics, I literally only care about T'Challa and his world being interacted BY him. The last movie I saw in theaters was Black Panther. I didn't care much to see IW or EG in theaters. I didn't. I streamed them. T'Challa has had a huge impact on me and he's a Character I want other young kid's to be exposed to before they are adult's and have been constantly shown to see people that look like them cast in a certain light
    Why would I worry about having new stories to read? They're either are or there aren't. If Marvel closed up shop tomorrow what would you do?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

yeah, I"m selfish AF lol

It won't work in the comics.

They will try, for trade purposes, teh same reason they made a shuri book already. and a killmonger book.

But there is little to no precedence of this working in comics. Marvel comics knows that. So they will pump out stuff with the movie characters... but it doesn't mean T'challa is gone as BP. Because comic fans hate change.

It is more likely they just give up on the whole franchise because it isn't worth trying to keep it alive with relaunches and big name writers than it is T'chalal is completely replaced.

Yeah they are about to get stomped, hard.

T'challa needs just just go, "lol nvm guys, carry on" and just leave lol
    “I have important business to attend to in Wakanda. You don’t need my help for this, Steve”. He should be trying to avoid those gamma hands like the plague. Suit could nearly take one hit from Hulk the first time lol.

Either that or it’ll convince him to make a Blue Marvel movie (assuming he isn’t already in Captain Mar- oh I’m sorry I mean “The Marvels”.)

I’m just trying to hold on to hope for this character I really am.
    The only thing Coates writing Black Superman will do is kill the idea for the next 20 years.

DC stays making stupid decisions, should’ve just brought in a half decent director to make Cavil’s version shine. Now he’s gonna be Captain Britain in 3-5 years.
    Last edited by chief12d; 05-05-2021 at 11:20 AM.

But as a Tchalla fan I already live in the sun. If my fandom is dependent on how big the character is or how many people know him, I'm just there for bragging rights. I just appreciate that the movie made a ton of merchandise available.
    It has nothing to do with bragging rights. It has everything to do with longevity. If I'm a doctor Voodoo fan am I happy to just be a fan or do I want more for the character? Do I want video games like Batman? Do I want lunch pails and Casual pop culture references? Do I want multiple movies with multiple franchises about the character over the next 30 to 40 decades creating new fans and new stories? Its about your belief in how important or relevant that characters story and existence is for not only yourself but others like you.

The belief that Tchallas story matters is why we are all here and why this thread has been the most active and successful thread on this website forever.

Or do I wanna just be happy that he existed but isnt important to anything?

His fans clearly have a lot of conviction and belief in the power of the character and the power of his story and his universe.
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-05-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It has nothing to do with bragging rights. It has everything to do with longevity. If I'm a doctor Voodoo fan am I happy to just be a fan or do I want more for the character? Do I want video games like Batman? Do I want lunch pails and Casual pop culture references? Do I want multiple movies with multiple franchises about the character over the next 30 to 40 decades?

Or do I wanna just be happy that he existed but it's important to anything?
    Assuming you mean 'isn't important to anything"?

Be happy he existed and you had a character you enjoyed.

Why would I worry about having new stories to read? They're either are or there aren't. If Marvel closed up shop tomorrow what would you do?
    Nothing as I have no control over the BP property. I would do what I do now, make Random and intentional BP drawings.

Marvel closing up shop on all their properties is different from them only closing BP while cranking out 2-3 ongoing spiderman comics. If your not worried about new stories that's fine. But I don't want to settle with what we have currently and I don't see an issue wanting more and hoping BP to stay relevant/ continue to thrive like other heroes do. To hope T'Challa is still around 10-20 years later for the next generation to be inspired by and possibly be the next Priest or Hudlin. I know several months back I posted a long ass post about what BP means ot me and I still stand by that