Page 820 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 320720770810816817818819820821822823824830870920 ... LastLast
Results 12,286 to 12,300 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Modern Doctor Strange can’t hold a solo is I guess the better way to put it then. But the overall point still stands, people have certain expectations of these characters, it’s impossible to remove them from their bread and butter for any significant period of time. We just got 25 issues of shitty BP cosmic stories, I can wait a few years before another writer tries to revisit the concept. And frankly it’ll probably be better for sales if they do leave it on the backburner.
    Strange can hold solos, the last one was cancelled because Waid went to DC

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Define "regular circumstances"? Doctor Strange either had a solo book or shared a book from 1974-1996.

The idea that he couldn't hold a title only became a thing when Marvel editorial decided magic was too difficult to write (a "deus ex machina"), and decreed that he needed to be depowered to fit into the Avengers better. And he's been trapped in that box ever since.

It's really the same thing with T'Challa. Marvel has decided that he needs to be a reluctant and ineffective king, and keeps greenlighting stories where that gets explored. Hell, they couldn't even let him run the Avengers without having him defer to Captain America when things got dicey.
    Black Panther wasn't relatable so Marvel decided to remove nearly everything we liked so that some people would find him more human.

No one is trying to make Doom, Logan or Namor more relatable.

Hmmm....I noticed that there aren't many here to defend Coates BP. Where they go?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I. Hate. It. Here.
    Attachment 114875
    It is a cover. Not sure if the main ones or variant, seems like they are using more than one cover to be the "main" ones.
    Covers are often misleading

I mean, you wanna put sme Storm on a #200 issue (that really isnt' #200 lol) then whatever man.

But Gentle? Really? A character that exists just to continue to **** on Wakanda? A character that has been absolute worthless because his powers kill him (I think they JUST fixed that right?). A black/biracial dude named GENTLE?

You going to celebrate THAT abomination? No one likes Gentle, he has literal zero fans.

Has Gentle even appeared in a BLACK PANTHER comic outside of Coates Block party?

BP has no point man. No one cares about him. From Marvel all the way up to Disney.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, you wanna put sme Storm on a #200 issue (that really isnt' #200 lol) then whatever man.

But Gentle? Really? A character that exists just to continue to **** on Wakanda? A character that has been absolute worthless because his powers kill him (I think they JUST fixed that right?). A black/biracial dude named GENTLE?

You going to celebrate THAT abomination? No one likes Gentle, he has literal zero fans.

BP has no point man. No one cares about him. From Marvel all the way up to Disney.
    You'd think they'd have BP and Shuri or T'Chaka on the cover instead of the other two but oh well.

Can we get a BP/NuBaku or BP/Changemire cover next?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Has Gentle even appeared in a BLACK PANTHER comic outside of Coates Block party?

How is it not 200? They missing a few issues?

Gentle has all of maybe 10 fans between Twitter and Tumblr. Kasper’s not much better lol but at least he’s a significant part of T’Challa’s history and actually became BP himself. Why not give him a variant? Or throw him in a group shot with T’Challa, Shuri, and all their predecessors? Instead Marvel keeps trying to push an F-list half-Wakandan into the mythos whenever T’Challa crosses paths with mutantkind.

That’s exactly the kind of stupidity you get from editors and writers when they’re actually X-fans and didn’t start caring about BP until they were hired to make his books lol. Ain’t no way someone who read the Priest-run before the MCU is putting Gentle on a damn #200 variant before Kasper, Zuri, or White Wolf. Maybe they got more coming though so we’ll see what their priorities are.
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-20-2021 at 03:42 PM.

To celebrate, BLACK PANTHER #200 will be an oversized issue with bonus stories celebrating the past and foreshadowing the future of the Black Panther and the world of Wakanda. Ridley will also introduce a new hero who rises up to protect the people of Wakanda while T’Challa finds his life and role as Black Panther thrown into turmoil! Fans will be able to witness the beginning of this new hero’s journey before seeing him become a key player of Ridley’s run in future issues.

Getting hard to reserve judgement

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    To celebrate, BLACK PANTHER #200 will be an oversized issue with bonus stories celebrating the past and foreshadowing the future of the Black Panther and the world of Wakanda. Ridley will also introduce a new hero who rises up to protect the people of Wakanda while T’Challa finds his life and role as Black Panther thrown into turmoil! Fans will be able to witness the beginning of this new hero’s journey before seeing him become a key player of Ridley’s run in future issues.

New Hero?

My worry is becoming a reality

Who are the people asking for storm and gentle in BP's book. Where are they? Who are they?

It's like marvel are doing everything they can to stop me from giving them money lol

Oh sweet Bast. Best I prepare myself for Ayo and Aneka 2.0.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Getting hard to reserve judgement

That sounds like a replacement. Specifying that T’Challa’s “role” as BP is in turmoil sounds like he might lose the mantle. But it could also mean that maybe some new hero displaces his authority and renders the Black Panther irrelevant. A champion of a rival god (this would actually be interesting)? A mutant?

That's what the book needs! A younger, hipper, probably LGBTQ+ Panther!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That sounds like a replacement. Specifying that T’Challa’s “role” as BP is in turmoil sounds like he might lose the mantle. But it could also mean that maybe some new hero displaces his authority and renders the Black Panther irrelevant. A champion of a rival god (this would actually be interesting)? A mutant?
    I'm not even going to fight it and I'm just going to accept your optimism. A new Hero 3 issues in after a four-month delay for some mysterious reason that probably has to do with MCU synergy.....nevermind *breathes*

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...k-panther-200/
    Bleeding cool summary mentions that its a "him" so maybe this is the friend Ridley was talking about. The one T'Challa was suppose to rescue, and this new guy may even link with the sequel maybe. I'm hoping it's it just T'Challa gaining a brothers in arms like a Nightwing, instead of some new-gen rival. We don't need another Ayo and Aneka.
    Last edited by TrooperCameron; 10-20-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Oh sweet Bast. Best I prepare myself for Ayo and Aneka 2.0.
    It amazes me how similar the synopsis for this run is to the beginning of Coats run. The only optimism that I have about it is the fact that the writer isn't doing a bunch of interviews slandering the character and his history ala Coats