Page 111 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The thing is that didn't happen in the MCU, They showed Shuri as a genius but only hinted at T'Challa as a genius, the issue is not with the presentation of Shuri. The problem was they didn't show T'challa as brilliant which some people take to mean that Shuri stole T'challa genius. KIB did an amazing job of showing Shuri is smart, T'challa is smart. Shuri could have been more technical or book smart than T'Challa it didn't matter because he held his own in the intelligence department. The book went on to show T'challa as a tactical genius and a great leader in areas where he is clearly better than shuri.

Lastly characters that come after to do at times surpass the lead character in an area, for example, Cass Cain is a better fighter than Batman, It gave her niche in the franchise and something she could use in the future to hold a book. Cass being better than Batman didn't make Batman a bad fighter
    Yes they didn't show T'Challas genius and only hinted at it, whole really driving the point home that Shuri is a super genius.. now we have some.of the comic's following that. The Marvel action's Black panther, the serial box series as well. They are following the MCU.. driving home Shuri as THE tech genius who advanced Wakanda

While diminishing T'Challa to a king and fighter... That unfortunately was on Ryan. He should of done more to show that they wee both geniuses in their own right and hold their own without stepping on toes.. something Redjack pulled off flawlessly abd effortlessly, in KiB and panther quest.

Basically Shuris genius would be advancing Wakandan technology to the next level, pushing the limits of their advancements such as future soldier programs, better, armor tech etc.

T'Challa would be large scale advanced technology. Big endgame stuff like In KiB. His advancements are geared for big threats to Wakanda abd the world like Galactus and the other thing we saw in the issue. So his advancements are to protect the nation and World this extends to his own personal hear as well his habit should be the most advanced habit in Wakanda.

That's where I would be there respective tech lanes and their primary focus
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-11-2021 at 07:46 PM.

The movie, comic, and cartoon did the exact same amount of showing of Tchalla technical intelligence.

Actually the movie did more because he designed his first suit. The others have him modify things that already exist. While Shuri is creating th original items.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

I just read Black Panther: King in Black and all I can say is........WOW!!! Epic story Thorne!

If you can give me Black Panther stories like that, Marvel can take my money GLADLY!!!

I haven't read a Black Panther story that good in years! You captured T'Challa's voice ( and Essence) perfectly!

YOU REMINDED ME WHY THE BLACK PANTHER IS MY FAVORITE HERO & THE BEST HERO AROUND!!!!

I haven't written in this board in awhile, but I lurked around seeing everyone comment about how GREAT the comic was AND THEY WERE NOT LYING!

Great Job, Thorne!!!!!

What can I do to make you become the PERMANENT writer for BLACK PANTHER!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    something Redjack pulled off flawlessly and effortlessly, in KiB and panther quest.
    Thanks for that. I don't know if it's "flawless" but I'll take it.

On BPQ the way we worked it was, T'Challa and Shuri were relatively equal, intelligence-wise but SHE isn't the ruler. She has more time to play and invent while he does a lot of world saving and ruling she never has to think about. She actually thinks of most of the adventures as FUN. And we play her as the lighter, less serious of the two. She carried around a bag of prototype devices which they used a lot but there are things people overlook.

He was INSIDE all of Stark's upgrades, having anticipated them and created countermeasures PRIOR to Stark even showing he had the thing.

He built the IRON PANTHER suit. He built the THOR trap. His workout area had him fighting MULTIPLE iron man androids which could only have been designed and built by him. There are probably more examples in the series but we NEVER played down T'Challa's brain in favor of Shuri and I certainly didn't do it in KiB.

Because it's not necessary. All they need is clearly defined areas of interest and expertise.

I've never been a fan of piling on super-powers to "upgrade" a character. Not needed either with T'Challa or Shuri.

Either of them, naked on a beach with zero weapons, could pretty much mop the floor with most of the non-powered characters in the MU. T'Challa is an enhanced human so he can take Captain America, as we've seen.

If Tony Stark wasn't a jerk, had Cap's body and morality, he'd be an American T'Challa.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-11-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I just read Black Panther: King in Black and all I can say is........WOW!!! Epic story Thorne!

If you can give me Black Panther stories like that, Marvel can take my money GLADLY!!!

I haven't read a Black Panther story that good in years! You captured T'Challa's voice ( and Essence) perfectly!

YOU REMINDED ME WHY THE BLACK PANTHER IS MY FAVORITE HERO & THE BEST HERO AROUND!!!!

I haven't written in this board in awhile, but I lurked around seeing everyone comment about how GREAT the comic was AND THEY WERE NOT LYING!

Great Job, Thorne!!!!!

What can I do to make you become the PERMANENT writer for BLACK PANTHER!?
    thank you very much. i think that ship has sailed. the new writer is locked in. I don't know who it is but i know who it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    thank you very much. i think that ship has sailed. the new writer is locked in. I don't know who it is but i know who it isn't.
    Based on the comic I just read, what you just said is sad to hear.

This story & Rise of the Black Panther have to be the best T'Challa stories I've read in years.

You did a GREAT job!

Who knows, anything could happen and you could be writing more BP cannon stories for Marvel!

I give K in B 4 and a half stars out of five but I will give it a solid five stars if Redjack reads the issue outloud and posts it here...

(The read along downloads spoiled me)
    Get Hectic!

I've been out of the comic book loop for awhile.

Have the last few issues of Avengers been worth reading/collecting in regards to Black Panther?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I've been out of the comic book loop for awhile.

Have the last few issues of Avengers been worth reading/collecting in regards to Black Panther?
    Issue #41 is. 43 looks like it will be Tchalla vs Wolverine, but they might do it off panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The movie, comic, and cartoon did the exact same amount of showing of Tchalla technical intelligence.

Actually the movie did more because he designed his first suit. The others have him modify things that already exist. While Shuri is creating th original items.
    I wouldn't say the movie did more. The comics and cartoon did by and large. In fact I would say the movie made it more of a jab at him similar to how engame with Shuri and banner talking. It was more to uplift Shuri then highlight T'Challas genius.

On BPQ the way we worked it was, T'Challa and Shuri were relatively equal, intelligence-wise but SHE isn't the ruler. She has more time to play and invent while he does a lot of world saving and ruling she never has to think about. She actually thinks of most of the adventures as FUN. And we play her as the lighter, less serious of the two. She carried around a bag of prototype devices which they used a lot but there are things people overlook.

He was INSIDE all of Stark's upgrades, having anticipated them and created countermeasures PRIOR to Stark even showing he had the thing.

He built the IRON PANTHER suit. He built the THOR trap. His workout area had him fighting MULTIPLE iron man androids which could only have been designed and built by him. There are probably more examples in the series but we NEVER played down T'Challa's brain in favor of Shuri and I certainly didn't do it in KiB.

Because it's not necessary. All they need is clearly defined areas of interest and expertise.

I've never been a fan of piling on super-powers to "upgrade" a character. Not needed either with T'Challa or Shuri.

Either of them, naked on a beach with zero weapons, could pretty much mop the floor with most of the non-powered characters in the MU. T'Challa is an enhanced human so he can take Captain America, as we've seen.

If Tony Stark wasn't a jerk, had Cap's body and morality, he'd be an American T'Challa.
    Seemlessly? Effortlessly? Either way, you did what others have failed to do. Hell you did more World building one issue in such a manner that was engaging and Interesting. Better then what we have gotten fro. The solo in The last several years. Legit your Zanda abd Sela are both characters I want to see more of.

As for the difference in T'Challa an Shuri. That is perfect and Kinda what I was getting at. Shuri is pushing the limits of the latest advanced technology on an individual level, and T'Challa is going for big endgame stuff that protects the nation from big threats. That's perfect lanes for both characters.

I also liked how you easily wove in the emotions that were excellently captured by peralta. I legit smiled when Shuri hugged T'Challa because the scene before showed a serious tone then she went into little sister mode and just showed that sibling care that we got From the MCU. Same with the scenes with T'Challa unmasked. Like MoS has said. You went ABOVE and beyond. I wish it was a 3 parter honestly.

All-New Member

Can you tell us more on your work and experience with the Black Panther Quest, the good and the bad?

I wouldn't say the movie did more. The comics and cartoon did by and large. In fact I would say the movie made it more of a jab at him similar to how engame with Shuri and banner talking. It was more to uplift Shuri then highlight T'Challas genius.
    How is it a jab? He designed his own suit. If the EMP beads were hers she wouldn't need to get them from his, she could just make new ones, he literally says "what could you teach me" in there first meeting. There is an article of Chadwick saying he is a scientist before the.move is released. When the talon fighter was going to be released as a toy the description was going to say he designed it.

The same thing has happened in all cross media. Shuri gets highlighted as the inventor(that's why she has the supertech vault full if projects), Tchalla uses/modifies tech(that's why he used a work bench and a soldering iron).

Even in the first chapter of the serial box story, Shuri said "don't damage the suit or I'll be weeks in the lab fixing it".

The crazy thing is, the only person who has kept the original intelligence dynamic of Shiru being understated is Coates. Even Mayberry had her be the techie Black Panther. Even though she more used tech than make it.
    Last edited by Cville; 02-11-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Yes they didn't show T'Challas genius and only hinted at it, whole really driving the point home that Shuri is a super genius.. now we have some.of the comic's following that. The Marvel action's Black panther, the serial box series as well. They are following the MCU.. driving home Shuri as THE tech genius who advanced Wakanda

While diminishing T'Challa to a king and fighter... That unfortunately was on Ryan. He should of done more to show that they wee both geniuses in their own right and hold their own without stepping on toes.. something Redjack pulled off flawlessly abd effortlessly, in KiB and panther quest.

Basically Shuris genius would be advancing Wakandan technology to the next level, pushing the limits of their advancements such as future soldier programs, better, armor tech etc.

T'Challa would be large scale advanced technology. Big endgame stuff like In KiB. His advancements are geared for big threats to Wakanda abd the world like Galactus and the other thing we saw in the issue. So his advancements are to protect the nation and World this extends to his own personal hear as well his habit should be the most advanced habit in Wakanda.

That's where I would be there respective tech lanes and their primary focus
    Agreed. Wakanda is an entire nation there's no reason that they can't have two people driving to separate levels of genius and Ingenuity within their one country. RedJacks Shurri has the potential to be great. That's one that could have its own spin-off and create an entirely different following from Black Panther. Shuri as Black Panther will never live up to her brother because he is the original and the main one default Black Panther. Shuri as Shuri can thrive in a lane all her own.

Anyone have the panel of Tchalla knocking out that rhino lol

Damn that tie-in was good. Even despite my dislike of Knull I enjoyed the usage of symbiotes here. Loved the usage of Klaw’s sonic emitter to banish the symbiotes. Loved T’Challa burying his fears and doing what needed to be done though it broke his heart to do so. Loved seeing Shuri trust her brother and use a mix of science and magic, honoring everything done with Shuri before. Marvel better have one hell of a creative team lined up post Coates or I’m going to be pissed they passed over Redjack. He knows his Black Panther.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/