Page 73 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    you mean you dont want millions of dollars and worldwide fame leasing to other roles? How about if they threw in a complementary autograph from both hulk actors, all three spiderman actors, and Deadpool!?
    Nope! No way! Why would I want lots of money and a role that could bring me even more fame and fortune? It's about the art, man. And peoples feelings.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

his brother does.
    Okies...and? Does he have a say in what's decided for the movie going forward?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Eman did a live stream video on Youtube about Wakanda getting s Disney series where he spoke about how Marvel should recast the character and others too on the live chat agreed with him. Him just talking about the story arcs and the lore of T'Challa that hasn't been explored gave me a glimmer of hope that just maybe we might see him again but I have been on that road before and I don't want to go back.

He said that he will be writing an article for a news outlet which may include the recast of T'Challa, which might catch Marvel's attention. He was very vague about it but that is what he was implying.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

https://www.ign.com/articles/wakanda...anchise-sequel, just saw this click bait article on IGN. What surprised me was besides the general internet haters/trolls, many of the commenters stated a recast would be better.

Death is not the end...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://www.ign.com/articles/wakanda...anchise-sequel, just saw this click bait article on IGN. What surprised me was besides the general internet haters/trolls, many of the commenters stated a recast would be better.
    I keep saying the tide is turning and will continue to over time. Every week more and more ppl in face and twitter call for a recast. May not get us results frim marvel but atleast marvel will hear us at some point.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-02-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Death is not the end...

Ironic.
    Other ironic movie quotes

Okoye: "THE Black Panther lives" *While michael B Killmonger at the time was "black panther"

Extraordinary Member

Marvel postponed the Guardians films so that James Gunn could lay low for a spell, due to controversy. The first BP film was postponed for the Spider-Man solo debut, iirc.

With Doctor Who, the concept of regeneration was introduced due to the first actor being too old to play the role. Despite the popularity of the first actor, it was the second actor that introduced most of the character traits & quirks the Doctor is known for. Switching actors is the key that show's longevity. When the show was revived in the 2000s, it was the second actor to took over the role that made the series more popular.

I truly believe a Priest/Hudlin version of T'Challa played by a new actor would be a hit.

I hope I don't have to wait too long before BP comes back in live action.

I honestly don't want JDW playing T'Challa. That guy is small, lol. I'd be game if JDW & Zendaya played Mister Miracle & Big Barda.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thought the same.

Easy to have the King off screen during a TV show revolving around the "world"

Impossible to have the main character off screen in a movie and not explain it explicitly.

But I don't make billino dollar movies so what do i know lol
    I suppose the only obvious counter there is there's a noteworthy trend that all black characters seem relegated to television shows. I wonder if they'll ramp up production on Blade. Either that or make a Luke Cage movie.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I keep saying the tide is turning and will continue to over time. Every week more and more ppl in face and twitter call for a recast. May not get us results frim marvel but atleast marvel will hear us at some point.
    Who knows? It might hit a peak by the time the sequel comes out.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

I said this before and I'll say it again: Marvel would be absolute retards to permanently not have T'Challa in the MCU. This is how I dee things happening or what I think should happen....BP2 should be set during the 5 year blip/snap. T'Challa's absence makes obvious sence. For BP3 enough time would have passed for more people to feel comfortable with a T'Challa recast, which interestingly enough, more people are coming around to.

As for this new D+ show....just set it in the past. We're getting Amazon's second age Middle Earth series which is going to be MASSIVE, we're also getting a GOT prequel based on the Targarian family.
    A BP series set during a specific period in the past would be interesting and to see Wakabda's modern tech and civilization juxtaposed a period of colonialism would be intriguing. Imagine a series based on elements of Hudlin's WITBP prologue...would be invaders getting merked for trying it with Wakanda set in the 1800s or whenever.

Either way, the current film project and D+ show shouldn't focus on a post Endgame Wakanda. This is the only strategy that comes close to being remotely satisfying as a T'Challa fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You know nothing, Mindofshadow.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I personally think The Crown would be a better fit for a template rather than GoT. I know the parallels between BP and GoT are obvious but The Crown isn't R-rated at all, and since it's based on the British monarchy it's less about which character is gonna die and more about exploring the burden of royalty and it's significance in a modern world. The Crown doesn't shy away from Britain's imperialistic and conservative history, and how the expectations of royalty affected people differently. The film already established that King T'Chaka and his brother Prince N'Jobu had different views on Wakanda's place in the world. Why not use that as the overarching theme if the show is set in the past? Show that Wakanda was always an exceptional nation but that it's tradition of isolationism and xenophobia caused conflicts within the royal family, within different tribes and if you want to get really bold with it, with different countries. Show that some other African leaders may have known the truth about Wakanda but explore the ways the past rulers and Black Panthers kept this a secret.
    Did N'jobobobobobob have idealistic differences or did he just want the WAP?

Honestly, atm, I don't remember N'jobobobbobo really caring that much about what Wakanda was doing. Dude was about as confused as Killmonger.

. He is happy so long as his diversity project sells. Thats about it. Same with the comics editors. Money is all that matters unless its a character whose lore they have person interest in protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    For BP3 enough time would have passed for more people to feel comfortable with a T'Challa recast, which interestingly enough, more people are coming around to.
    Y'all on that Lexapro or you guys always this optimistic lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I honestly don't want JDW playing T'Challa. That guy is small, lol. I'd be game if JDW & Zendaya played Mister Miracle & Big Barda.

55964327.jpg

He's closer to Scott than she is to Barda. And by close I mean several meals and some serious protien but I see you workin'.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Did N'jobobobobobob have idealistic differences or did he just want the WAP?

Honestly, atm, I don't remember N'jobobobbobo really caring that much about what Wakanda was doing. Dude was about as confused as Killmonger.

Y'all on that Lexapro or you guys always this optimistic lol?
    That's all we have at this point even if it's not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Marvel postponed the Guardians films so that James Gunn could lay low for a spell, due to controversy. The first BP film was postponed for the Spider-Man solo debut, iirc.

With Doctor Who, the concept of regeneration was introduced due to the first actor being too old to play the role. Despite the popularity of the first actor, it was the second actor that introduced most of the character traits & quirks the Doctor is known for. Switching actors is the key that show's longevity. When the show was revived in the 2000s, it was the second actor to took over the role that made the series more popular.

I truly believe a Priest/Hudlin version of T'Challa played by a new actor would be a hit.

I hope I don't have to wait too long before BP comes back in live action.

Lmao I wanted to say that when people suggested him but I was definitely sure I would be scrutinized for saying what you just said, so I decided to remain silent.