Page 835 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 335735785825831832833834835836837838839845885935 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Emphasis mine. I posted a leak earlier where she had sources that claimed Disney was working on a digital double for Boseman.

Honestly, I don't care. When the movie comes out, we'll see. Until then, the rumor-mongers can all go hang, as far as I'm concerned.

When did the process of watching a movie become "Analyzing set photos for details before filming is even complete"?
    At this point it's just getting exhausting. Everything that comes up about WF doesn't incite excitement at all, interviews, talks about it. It's just frustrating, so I am trying to just shut away from it. But at the same time there's not much good information coming out even from the comics side

F64896EB-5CB1-4B4D-81D9-E4C3ECC962B7.jpg

Yep, if Insomniac won’t do it then let Eidos Montreal take a crack at a Black Panther game. Because Crystal Dynamics ain’t the move.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    F64896EB-5CB1-4B4D-81D9-E4C3ECC962B7.jpg

Yep, if Insomniac won’t do it then let Eidos Montreal take a crack at a Black Panther game. Because Crystal Dynamics ain’t the move.
    Yeah, Eidos Montreal seems to have done a better job with Guardians of the Galaxy compared to Crystal Dynamics with Avengers. That said, I wouldn't mind Square-Enix (teamed up with Platinum Games, perhaps) making a Black Panther game in-house with the previous Black Panther writers (preferably the likes of Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin, and Geoffrey Thorne, as well as maybe Evan Narcisse due to his previous experience with Marvel games) consulting if not supervising on it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

T’Challa briefly shows up in the upcoming issue of Death of Doctor Strange.

Basically showing how he didn’t fully trust Iron Man at first when the Illuminati was first formed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

T’Challa briefly shows up in the upcoming issue of Death of Doctor Strange.

Basically showing how he didn’t fully trust Iron Man at first when the Illuminati was first formed.
    T'challa's paranoid ass probably didn't trust half the room TBF lol

T'challa and Tony have never had the "brother" relationship that T'challa and Cap had.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, Eidos Montreal seems to have done a better job with Guardians of the Galaxy compared to Crystal Dynamics with Avengers. That said, I wouldn't mind Square-Enix (teamed up with Platinum Games, perhaps) making a Black Panther game in-house with the previous Black Panther writers (preferably the likes of Christopher Priest, Reginald Hudlin, and Geoffrey Thorne, as well as maybe Evan Narcisse due to his previous experience with Marvel games) consulting if not supervising on it.
    Platinum would be an interesting choice. But I so desperately want an open world Wakanda. But a linear experience would be fun if done right, as FF7R and GOTG are proving.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I wouldn’t give it to platinum games. All they know how to do is recycle bayonettas combat. No offence to them. If anyone has to do it, it has to be Sony Santa Monica

T’Challa’ s power set being tech based but him not being responsible for said tech and Shuri now getting tech and supernatural is really bugging me. It’s like Coates and cooglers attempts to differentiate her cancelled each other out and made T’Challa redundant

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa's paranoid ass probably didn't trust half the room TBF lol

T'challa and Tony have never had the "brother" relationship that T'challa and Cap had.
    At best, the relationship is friendly rivalry that devolves onto frienemy at worst. T'Challa has very few reasons to trust Tony and has seen first hand he will make incredibly volatile decisions that he will have to distance himself from and has no problem doing at the drop of a hat. Plus out of everyone there, probably only strange and BB are the only two i could see T'Challa trusting

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    T’Challa’ s power set being tech based but him not being responsible for said tech and Shuri now getting tech and supernatural is really bugging me. It’s like Coates and cooglers attempts to differentiate her cancelled each other out and made T’Challa redundant
    All of this stems from her never having a lane to begin with. T’Challa should be the tech guy and Shuri should be the mage. Heck her being a supernatural would be a great way for her to finally branch out and be a solo hero in her own right without having to step on T’Challas toes.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Editorial would never let that happen to doom, who balances tech and magic and cosmic. In Marvel vs capcom doom gets a great move set and T’Challa is handcuffed to this agile guy in a suit status quo. I’d bet money if they did another MVC, the developers would genuinely think having shuri pop up in his ultimate move to provide him the tech is something his fans would like. What a mess

for the comic side it appeared more like Coates was going for the mystical route for Shuri, one of the few things that wasn't a bad idea on his part. The problem was that, like Zenzis power, it was so thinly and poorly thought out, it came off more like a ex machina than a defined power set.

In the Comics I still believe T'Challa is responsible for tech still, but Shuri is now creeping in on it due to the MCU and also creeping on mystical side due to comics. Shuri should be an alchemist. Mixing tech and magic while T'Challa takes the tech role soley. The difference between them should be T'Challa believes on advancing Wakanda purely through science and technology and Shuri thinks the next step is through magic and science via alchemy.

We need someone like Redjack to come in and clear the air. For the MCU Shuri should move into the alchemy side because again, if T'Challa is still around, then not doing this they are turning him into Black Cap and that is diminishing his character all to give a supporting cast member something to do, and IF T'Challa is gone and they try to make Shuri BP that's going to look really wrong considering Letitia had no physical presence at all and that would be pretty shitty to make her THE tech genius and a h2h fighter whilst T'Challa wasnt highlighted as such

Unfornately, the comics branched one way to give her a lane and the movie branched another way, and the solution the comics came up with was "both."

Just more badluck there than anything.

THe magic stuff really hasn't crossed over outside of Coatesverse and King in Black, so I wonder if it will be phased out completely from now on. Have to see what Ridley does I guess.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If I were in charge of the MCU I’d move Shuri into her Griot/Alchemy powers so that when T’Challa comes back, whether it be reappearing after going missing, resurrection, or a variant, he’ll be the tech guy and the two sibling will finally have their own lanes.

Seriously I’d be all in on Shuri sticking to magic. Her being the Griot could let her be the Nightwing to T’Challas Batman.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

All of this stems from her never having a lane to begin with. T’Challa should be the tech guy and Shuri should be the mage. Heck her being a supernatural would be a great way for her to finally branch out and be a solo hero in her own right without having to step on T’Challas toes.
    Writers don’t know what the hell to do with Shuri when she’s not BP. That led to two very different iterations of her character that have been clashing since 2018. Coates’ mystical direction was objectively the best way to differentiate her from T’Challa and open her up to her own lane but the MCU’s tech princess direction is the default way she’s seen. So basically she’s now an experienced martial artist per her time as BP, a mid-tier sorceress, a top 10 genius, etc.

Everything that made T’Challa special is basically getting watered down to make Shuri relevant. If Shuri gets alchemy then there’s no point to Shadow Physics. If Shuri is also Griot then KOTD is just useless in comparison. If Shuri is gonna basically invent all of T’Challa’s tech from now on why even pretend like he’s still a peer to the likes of Tony Stark and Reed Richards?

Poor management and really unfortunate timing is the cause tbh, Coates was reinventing Shuri at the same time the movie came out and Marvel is so desperate to make Shuri a thing they immediately switched up her character, which leads to inconsistency. Now she’s most likely gonna get reduced to being T’Challa’s Q/Robin in the Ridley run when she could’ve easily built her own franchise based around the supernatural. Then when her MCU status quo as BP settles in they’ll probably try and have her share the mantle with T’Challa, basically killing any chance of her ever being her own thing. Shuri has more potential than pretty much any legacy character in comics today and yet because there’s few creators that care about T’Challa, there’s hardly anyone thinking about how to differentiate and develop her outside of copying the movies.