Page 355 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455855 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Me and MoS after seeing Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    imma have to snapchat or IG or discord or whatever the cool kids are doing these days some of yall that week so you know I'm not at the movie lol

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I will respect whatever decision Marvel/Coogler makes regarding BP mantle but I admit, I'll be disappointed if they don't recast since that would mean this is a universe where T'Challa never met Namor, Dr Doom and Storm.
    He never even had a real conversation with anyone in the MCU except Widow and maybe Cap.

BP fans got blue balled. Dope ass cameo/tertiary appearance in CW, dope ass solo movie then.... pain

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Seems less effort to just ignore it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This. At this rate I can only hope T’Challa gets a good enough reception from the upcoming expansion to the Avengers game to where they’ll green light a AAA Black Panther video game.
    There is that rumor going around that Netherealm Studios is doing a Marvel fighting game. If it has the same expansive narrative as Injustice that could mean T’Challa gets a sizeable role in the plot and marketing as one of their heavy hitters. But a solo video game would definitely be the best thing to happen to T’Challa with the movies being in the state that they are.

Games allow for much deeper exploration of a character and they can be absurdly profitable if the right decisions are made. Maybe in a few years when Insomiac does non-Spider-man games they’ll pick up an interest in T’Challa and the world of BP. Are there any major black-owned video game studios that’d be an option to develop a BP game, I feel like they might be more likely to advocate for the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There is that rumor going around that Netherealm Studios is doing a Marvel fighting game. If it has the same expansive narrative as Injustice that could mean T’Challa gets a sizeable role in the plot and marketing as one of their heavy hitters. But a solo video game would definitely be the best thing to happen to T’Challa with the movies being in the state that they are.

Games allow for much deeper exploration of a character and they can be absurdly profitable if the right decisions are made. Maybe in a few years when Insomiac does non-Spider-man games they’ll pick up an interest in T’Challa and the world of BP. Are there any major black-owned video game studios that’d be an option to develop a BP game, I feel like they might be more likely to advocate for the opportunity.
    It's crazy how it feels like a game is our only hope for the character to get the exploration he deserves and to be elevated to the level he should be at

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's crazy how it feels like a game is our only hope for the character to get the exploration he deserves and to be elevated to the level he should be at
    I wish Disney took Marvel Animation seriously.

A Marvel Animated Universe done with the same care as the MCU would be dope.

Comics work better with cartoons than live action IMHO

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I think I'm at that stage where I don't foresee anything good for BP fans and by BP fans I mean fans of T'Challa. I'm just waiting for the disastrous news regarding the premise for BP2, waiting for a disappointing announcement regarding the new writing team for the comics and I have minus figures of hope when it comes to a BP related game. My anger, pessimism and bitterness is at a point where I think I'm actually laughing at how insane and ridiculously unfortunate things are for BP fans. This is literally the stuff of living through a nightmare as a fan. Lol f***

Getting closer...

Yesterday, the sequel was given an official title - Black Panther II became Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - and Marvel.com has followed that by sharing a brief logline. "Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will continue to explore the incomparable world of Wakanda," it reveals, "and all of the rich and varied characters introduced in the first film."

"Written and directed by Ryan Coogler, who was behind Black Panther, the film will be released on July 8, 2022."
    damnit Disney, I need to know, pull hte bandaid already

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I think I'm at that stage where I don't foresee anything good for BP fans and by BP fans I mean fans of T'Challa. I'm just waiting for the disastrous news regarding the premise for BP2, waiting for a disappointing announcement regarding the new writing team for the comics and I have minus figures of hope when it comes to a BP related game. My anger, pessimism and bitterness is at a point where I think I'm actually laughing at how insane and ridiculously unfortunate things are for BP fans. This is literally the stuff of living through a nightmare as a fan. Lol f***
    Dude, I run the BP forum on reddit and each passing day, I have an overwhelming urge to burn it to the ground lol

I have no idea yet what I am going to do when it gets overrun by "Wakanda" fans despite it being called Black Panther and every pic on their being of T'challa.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dude, I run the BP forum on reddit and each passing day, I have an overwhelming urge to burn it to the ground lol

I have no idea yet what I am going to do when it gets overrun by "Wakanda" fans despite it being called Black Panther and every pic on their being of T'challa.

Just end it already. And I just want Disney to end it already in terms of telling us T’Challas fate so I can make up my mind on whether I should care about BP on film going forward.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

I can only imagine your level of pain. I dare not go on twitter or any YouTube videos related to BP. I can feel a colossal meltdown pending.

This is something to consider too. X-Men fans love to victimize themselves and many dislike the Avengers with an irrational hatred. And then look at how some of them treated Synch when he started finally getting some shine over the dozen major white characters that franchise has. I don’t want Black Panther having to deal with such a rabid and often (ironically) racist fan base especially knowing the in-universe tensions that all too often get played up between both franchises nowadays.

It’s a recipe for disaster, both times that Storm and T’Challa broke up it was because of editorial creating a stupid conflict that put their romance on the line, you’re much less likely to get that if T’Challa’s with Monica or Nightshade. Humans who can one day fully see themselves as of his realm. No more mutants in the Black Panther franchise, they bring nothing but trouble and mischaracterization to T’Challa and Wakanda as a whole.

If I want to read about mutants I’ll pick up an X-book but I don’t want to see Storm, Manifold, or any other mutants black or otherwise in what ostensibly is an Avengers-related solo title. It’s one of my big issues with Coates. The only mutant that should be in the world of BP is Muti because he’s completely controlled by the BP office and even then I’d want him as a supporting character to Shuri assuming she ever gets a solo push again. If not then good riddance to him too lol.

I miss Jakarra man, if we need another BP sibling I’d rather see him return over Hunter. Between him being a vibranium mutate and the reveal in Rise that he’s the royal family’s dirty secret, I think a writer could do interesting things with him. Every family has a screw up and I think he’d play that role pretty well, with his gritting getting him into issues that force T’Challa to save his life or prevent sensitive Wakandan info from falling into the wrong hands.

But I think Marvel is consolidating the core Wakandan royal family around just T’Challa and Shuri as his only sibling so I don’t see him or Hunter getting much use. So maybe they can bring in T’Shan to be the royal screw up assuming he’s still alive after the war with Atlantis lol. It’d be nice to see him at least once in the next run, not as a major or even secondary supporting character, but just a source of annoyance for his cousin.
    I would repurpose jakkara, I would change him from some weird vibranium mutate, into something more.... Dangerous. He still mutates but it's not into some blob monster but had actual powers, maybe something similar to one-piece Logia types so T'Challa has to figure out how to hurt someone that candrop jos corporeal form

Can’t be better said & great ideas for Jakarra.. I’m down for those & would also like to see it’s revealed he’s Kwezi Dzana father ( who BP should be mentor/raise as a sidekick/Protégé type character.. BP / Aquaman, Jakarra /Black Manta , Kwezi better done/non-problematic Aqualad..

I'd keep Jakarra a mutate thing... but have him control it ala a Hulk type monster thing.

That way he can do things as a human (he is still bloodline of Bashenga....) but when he wants to throw hands, he can upgrade to mutate monster form.

I think it's stupid that the animation they are doing (what if) is tied to trying to use the MCU Actors instead of getting VA to do it. It's like you said, cartoon animation can do a comic adaption waaaay easier and given Disney Budget? You could do some INSANE animation for these characters. Shows like one punch man, Hunter x hunter level animation. Could you imagine SWaD with that type of Budget? I want to see Nyami motherships, prowlers, the panthertron we were supposed to get in AoW, the the sheathes, and the hand of Bast from Redjacks KIB.

I'd keep Jakarra a mutate thing... but have him control it ala a Hulk type monster thing.

That way he can do things as a human (he is still bloodline of Bashenga....) but when he wants to throw hands, he can upgrade to mutate monster form.
    Why not all 3? Let him hulk out, let him pull a Logia type too and have a human form. Let's make some complicated powers for T'Challa to tangle with. That sounds like a lot of fun

Since we're stuck with the Coatsverse for the foreseeable future and there's a possibility that the next creative team won't treat T'Challa and Wakanda any different than Coates did, plus his time in the MCU ending with What if? This is a sad fact. At this point I'm just looking forward to decent appearances outside of the main title since we don't know when we'll get a new creative team.

I don't think we'll get blessed with him being featured in whatever Avengers animated series Disney does next or another installment of BP's Quest anytime soon. If anything, if the MCU uses Shuri BP or someone else using the mantle, that's who I'd expect to be featured in any future animated projects followed by the comics incorporating them into the mythos like Coulson, Fury Jr, Valkyrie, etc.

This is something I've been wanting for years and I'm surprised Marvel hasn't done this yet. DC had already done it with their New 52 inspired DCAU before they destroyed and rebooted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    At this point being a BP fan is like returning to a toxic ex and expecting them to be different. Some good things sprinkled in there every now and then to show how things are "new" and "better"but at the end of the day it's the same old ish.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

imma have to snapchat or IG or discord or whatever the cool kids are doing these days some of yall that week so you know I'm not at the movie lol

He never even had a real conversation with anyone in the MCU except Widow and maybe Cap.

BP fans got blue balled. Dope ass cameo/tertiary appearance in CW, dope ass solo movie then.... pain

I think if they set the movie during the blip it'll pull you in. Then when we hear of the "Up" type beginning focusing on what T'Challa meant you'd give in and check it out