Page 647 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also incase I went too far or was too harsh on Miles or way too cynical about Peter I apologize.

Just was something about Beyond and I was pissed off at marvel, specially how and when they are doing this.

I hope everyone can understand.

Miles piggybacked a popular brand[no offense but it's the truth]).
    So has Harley, Catwoman, Nightwing, Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Joker & Batwoman with Batman
    So has Venom and Carnage with Peter.
    So has Shuri with her brother.
    So has Next Generation, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery & Picard with Star Trek.

So if Miles gets singled out-he has PLENTY of company that needs to be called out as well.

What ongoing solo's?
    He has one ASM, which is going to be taken over by Ben reilly and he's being written off in his own book.
    He has 1 mini and 1 what-if.(Symbiote Spider-man and Spider-shadow)
    Non-stop has had an awful schedule and has been not solicited for 2 months and is probably cancelled.

So by October his what-if is done, his ongoing is taken over by another character and his secondary title is on hiatus or cancelled.Only has one mini that too will be half-way done.

And do you count the kid's books?I think he has one but I don't count them.

I agree usually but Spidey is taking a massive hit as shown above, BP is a guest in his own solo while spider-man is being written off.
    Heck even rn his book is more than 50% other characters and barely any Spidey(still a good run though).
    His 2nd game got put aside for Miles spin-off(which is ok but still means we have to wait more) and there's a chance the it will be Spider-men and again sidelining and low-balling him like they did in MM.
    And Spider-man isn't even a part of a team, BP is leading the main Avengers squad and has a good presence in the book.
    The other solos:
    Non-Stop Spider-Man -It ain't cancelled until it's cancelled
    Web of Spider-Man.

He's putting out way more minis than BP too.

Spidey doesn't need to be apart of a team book because he's his own franchise. The Avengers would need him far more than he needs them. And even if Reilly takes over ASM, it won't last long because Peter will be back. I'm not trying to turn this into a who has it worse contest but it's no comparison between Spidey and BP. BP is nowhere near Spidey as far as appearances, titles, minis, promo etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So has Harley, Catwoman, Nightwing, Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Joker & Batwoman with Batman
    So has Venom and Carnage with Peter.
    So has Shuri with her brother.
    So has Next Generation, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery & Picard with Star Trek.

So if Miles gets singled out-he has PLENTY of company that needs to be called out as well.
    They are different characters.Miles is Spider-man and it did make sense in the 1610, makes no sense in 616.
    I'm not talking about being a part of a popular franchise, I'm talking about taking over it and piggybacking it.
    Being a part of a popular franchise is normal and how a character will reach an audience.Taking over the franchise and being the main character, specially a previously non-existent character like Miles who is given said main character from the get go is my point.
    Shuri is the only one here which makes kinda sense but that was when T'challa wasn't BP IIRC.And she existed way before that.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The other solos:
    Non-Stop Spider-Man -It ain't cancelled until it's cancelled
    Web of Spider-Man.

He's putting out way more minis than BP too.

Spidey doesn't need to be apart of a team book because he's his own franchise. The Avengers would need him far more than he needs them. And even if Reilly takes over ASM, it won't last long because Peter will be back. I'm not trying to turn this into a who has it worse contest but it's no comparison between Spidey and BP. BP is nowhere near Spidey as far as appearances, titles, minis, promo etc.

Aside from being massively inconsistent, it hasn't been solicitaed for 2 months so I won't count it.

Web of Spider-man is a kid's book.Do you count that?

Yeah I agree if we look at it all Spidey had is better than BP and he's earned that, he made his own name unlike some others.
    Again so did BP and he deserves better.

Again it's still taking over ASM, look how long superior lasted.

Again I just want Marvel to treat them both properly not just in quantity[BP and a little Spidey] but also quality[Spider-man and a little BP].
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Meanwhile Luke Cage has been low-keyed. Only now they're promo-ing a mini for him which doesn't look interesting at all. Kinda like his last two solos. They wanna get him away from Jessica and baby girl I see but the stories haven't been interesting at all. They need to do a Miles Falcap team-up too.

Ridley's gotta bring some fire and have some marquee' guest stars. New villains too. No more NuKilmonger, Orista's, Klaw or Adversaries. Let's get some super-genius tech villains in here along with some corporate CEO bigwigs.
    Yeah, honestly my honest to bast opinion is that a crew book CAN work. It just has to be marketed correctly. And can't be Street level. T'Challa, Miles, BM, cage, blade misty, Monica. Sam can make a appearance too. But have them do more then street level. The team is balanced enough to take on all types of threats like Hudlins 4 the hard way.

I also agree that Erik, and klaw need to be retired for now. I wouldn't mind klaw coming back on the future (I still like war for Wakandas handsome klaw angle as that can produce more interesting stories and add rogues to the mythos) and have BPQ, Achebe, the supremacists revamped, Solomon revamped, and baron macabre revamped, and Moses. Have Kiber come back and that can be one of the big antagonists of the series

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, honestly my honest to bast opinion is that a crew book CAN work. It just has to be marketed correctly. And can't be Street level. T'Challa, Miles, BM, cage, blade misty, Monica. Sam can make a appearance too. But have them do more then street level. The team is balanced enough to take on all types of threats like Hudlins 4 the hard way.

I also agree that Erik, and klaw need to be retired for now. I wouldn't mind klaw coming back on the future (I still like war for Wakandas handsome klaw angle as that can produce more interesting stories and add rogues to the mythos) and have BPQ, Achebe, the supremacists revamped, Solomon revamped, and baron macabre revamped, and Moses. Have Kiber come back and that can be one of the big antagonists of the series
    Who is Kiber?

Ultimate Member

What ongoing solo's?
    He has one ASM, which is going to be taken over by Ben reilly and he's being written off in his own book.
    Non-stop has had an awful schedule and has been not solicited for 2 months and is probably cancelled.

Between now and May 2022 that will be over 60 Peter Parker centric books released. Miles is in 10 of them.
    Miles has 10 and 4 are coloring books. Heck there is even a Miles Morales birth party set.
    So how is Peter being sidelined???

T'Challa has 3-one of those is Coates trash. He has 20 journals and a Boseman calendar.
    Shuri has 2.

Panther gets sidelined like he was the last 5 years-there are not 60 other books that don't sideline him like Peter will have.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Between now and May 2022 that will be over 60 Peter Parker centric books released. Miles is in 10 of them.
    Miles has 10 and 4 are coloring books. Heck there is even a Miles Morales birth party set.
    So how is Peter being sidelined???

T'Challa has 3-one of those is Coates trash. He has 20 journals and a Boseman calendar.
    Shuri has 2.

Panther gets sidelined like he was the last 5 years-there are not 60 other books that don't sideline him like Peter will have.
    Where do you get those numbers?
    ASM is gonna be a Ben Reilly show just FYI.
    And Miles has his solo+Champions.So 2 each month so even if we ignore july and go from august to may he will have 20 minimum.

I agree panther has had it worse.

My point was that 2nd gen characters sometimes overshadow the first ones in certain media.
    Spider-fam and Miles have been made a norm in T.V. shows(Marvel's Spider-man) and Games(Insomniac is doing the same and may sideline Peter for Miles)
    And BP suffered because of real life problems and the new BP will get a lot more stuff in adaptations.

Can you PM since this will go off topic.

What ongoing solo's?

So by October his what-if is done, his ongoing is taken over by another character and his secondary title is on hiatus or cancelled.Only has one mini that too will be half-way done.

And do you count the kid's books?I think he has one but I don't count them.

I agree usually but Spidey is taking a massive hit as shown above, BP is a guest in his own solo while spider-man is being written off.
    Heck even rn his book is more than 50% other characters and barely any Spidey(still a good run though).
    His 2nd game got put aside for Miles spin-off(which is ok but still means we have to wait more) and there's a chance the it will be Spider-men and again sidelining and low-balling him like they did in MM.
    And Spider-man isn't even a part of a team, BP is leading the main Avengers squad and has a good presence in the book.
    I mean I understand the frustration, but currently spiderman is completely healthy, there's no chance that he will ever be gone for any long period of time. Spiderman is Marvels most popular hero. Period end of story. He, likely Batman, will ALWAYS have a solo, give it a few months/ year AT MOST and he will be back again with a new creative team. He will always have movies. Is MCU or Sony, and no matter how big Miles gets he will never upsurp Peter as THE spiderman. Trying to compare Peters plight to T'Challas as if they are the same is disingenuous at best. They are not on the same level. Marvels made that abundantly clear

Who is Kiber?
    Kiber the cruel

"Frederick Kiber (Earth-616) | Marvel Database | Fandom" https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Frede...er_(Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member

I mean I understand the frustration, but currently spiderman is completely healthy, there's no chance that he will ever be gone for any long period of time. Spiderman is Marvels most popular hero. Period end of story. He, likely Batman, will ALWAYS have a solo, give it a few months/ year AT MOST and he will be back again with a new creative team. He will always have movies. Is MCU or Sony, and no matter how big Miles gets he will never upsurp Peter as THE spiderman. Trying to compare Peters plight to T'Challas as if they are the same is disingenuous at best. They are not on the same level. Marvels made that abundantly clear
    I agree, my point was to compare 2nd gens to the ogs in different media.
    I'm sorry man, I definitely went a little over.I apologize.

Here's hoping both Peter and T'challa thrive in the future.

Extraordinary Member

Kiber the cruel

"Frederick Kiber (Earth-616) | Marvel Database | Fandom" https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Frede...er_(Earth-616)
    Thank you!
    Seems cool

I agree, my point was to compare 2nd gens to the ogs in different media.
    I'm sorry man, I definitely went a little over.I apologize.

Here's hoping both Peter and T'challa thrive in the future.
    All good man, we all want what's best for our favorite characters. Point being, as a Peter Parker fan, you have nothing to worry about because he will ever be replaced, not permanently, ever.

There will always be a spiderman book. He will always pop up every few years with a new creative team. He ain't going anywhere. Like Batman, there will always be the OG. T'Challa hasn't gotten to that point because marvel can't/ won't pull their heads out of their asses and push him to spiderman status despite multiple times there has been solid proof he can be the next Spiderman/Batman

So given Kiber and the 6 million year man have been brought up, how would you guys revamp them if you were in charge.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Last edited by KingNomarch; 07-30-2021 at 03:19 PM.