Page 358 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458858 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://screenrant.com/sam-wilson-ca...ngs-vibranium/

Falcon's wings are vibranium btw

T'challa hooked the brother up

which does beg the question... does he really need the shield if he has vibranium wings lol???
    YES. The best part of, well, anyone being Captain America is beaning unsuspecting bad guys with that shield.

Guess its just me but that never gets old.

Ultimate Member

https://screenrant.com/sam-wilson-ca...ngs-vibranium/

Falcon's wings are vibranium btw

T'challa hooked the brother up

which does beg the question... does he really need the shield if he has vibranium wings lol???
    Absolutely need it? Probably not. But, it always helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    To be fair, it was only an episode each show, but I think that would imply he knew McDuffie.
    Well anyone that knew the GOAT Mcduffie will catch my interest.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Still think it takes place during the blip. Why would he mention that it talks about a lot of circumstances from this past year? They are going to use blip as commentary on Covid imo.

Sidenote: I really dont think he's in the movie. As he said Ryan has kept him out of the loop as far as details. Just what type of vibe they are going for. No actor for the movie would not have read the script when they are weeks from filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    YES. The best part of, well, anyone being Captain America is beaning unsuspecting bad guys with that shield.

Guess its just me but that never gets old.
    Falcon would have uzi'd their asses and ended the show

FalCap is too nice! lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

To be fair, it was only an episode each show, but I think that would imply he knew McDuffie.
    If you worked on that show-you had to deal with McDuffie.

It was Oliver Stone that started his career.

He has done enough to warrant a try. This is not someone off the street with no experience in the media.

I don't know much about him. What's his work like?
    Try American Way and it's sequel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Am...y_%28comics%29

Much of the series revolves around the introduction of an African American superhero to the team and the responses of the team, government, and public. The American Way: Those Above and Those Below ran six issues, from July to February 2017 with Ridley and Jeanty returning as the creative team.
    1) It feels like he's being given almost every P.O.C. book nowadays, like he's the "fashionable" black writer. It makes me worried that he was chosen because of his high profile, not his pitch.
    He was suppose to work with Marvel 6 years ago. So he was already on their radar back then to do a show.

I would say he was chosen for Black Panther to stick it once again to DC. Dc gave him Jace Fox-a blank slate that no one had seen for a long time. Instead of Cyborg, Black Lightning or Static.

Marvel gave him Black Panther. You have two shots at huge orders-issue 1 in August and issue 3 that would be Black Panther #200. Heading into Fantastic Four's 60th anniversary.

Unlike Coates you have an Oscar winner and someone who can give the book more exposure with his tv/movie projects. Pretty much doing EVERYTHING to clear out the past 5 years and try to hide the sting of the T'Challa less BP2.

Astonishing Member

So, what about the artist? yay or nay? Can he draw action?
    Cabal on Ewing's Guardians has been pretty great. Good sense of action and scale. I hope he has a strong colorist because I think that's what really allows him to shine. If they wanna go in the Redjack direction of T'Challa as African Doc Savage going on wild adventures he's a strong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I like ya idea aswell it better agent of chaos/anarchy one..
    Yeah his angle should be to "Protect Wakanda" like T'Challa, burning a vastly different way. The loss of their father effects the sibling's all differently. T'Challa is paranoid and tries his damnedest to be always prepared for the unknown, Hunter ( of he is to be used still) is a hardcore Wakandan patriot to extremist levels, Jakkara is obsessed with preventing death of Wakandans to the points ironically causing the deaths of Wakandans by trying to replicate his transformation. Shuri is the only one "Normal" because she wasn't born yet.

But in a twisted way jakkara wants to save people and he suffers from survivors guilt, he doesn't blame T'Challa Because T'Challa ultimately saved himself, jakkara, their mother and unborn sister, but he feels that T'Challas path for Wakanda and further engaging the world who took his father away is flawed.

He also did Three Kings, Barbershop, and Undercover Brother. An episode of JL and Static.

He seems to be a writer/producer who is able to write for various genres.
    So we potentially have another Hudlin type? That brings some hope. Still dunno why we can't get Redjack though. Dude may not be high profile like Ridley or Coates, but his work speaks volumes and has proven time and time again, though comics, the serial box, animation and the one shot that he gets T'Challa and can take him to the next level solidly without question

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So we potentially have another Hudlin type? That brings some hope. Still dunno why we can't get Redjack though. Dude may not be high profile like Ridley or Coates, but his work speaks volumes and has proven time and time again, though comics, the serial box, animation and the one shot that he gets T'Challa and can take him to the next level solidly without question
    I would argue that Hudlin was more high profile at the time of his pick than Ridley. Ridley had three kings, but Hudlin had House Party, Boomerang, and Bebes Kids.

I made a mistake in an earlier. He worked on the Barbershop TV series.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/12-y...black-panther/
    It seems like John Ridley will take T'Challa's ongoing after Coates will finish his run.
    Ridley had that Marvel TV project that never got off the ground, iirc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

I would leave Hudlins WitBP version, he survives the T'Chaka assassination though in critical condition considering some of the debris connected and pierced his skull, using a new form of vibranium medical procedure, using liquid vibranium, Which had a reaction to jakkara causing the mutantion, it healed him but had adverse effects not known. His near death experience and the loss of his father and subsequent lifesaving treatment causes him to have a obsession with human evolution as he finds himself to be a superior version of Wakanda and the next step in human evolution, he takes over the hyena clan and they start trying to replicate jakkaras transformation using Wakanda tech. Which clashes with T'Challa as they also have started to use Wakandans for their experiment's
    Ooh that's a dope idea. Vibranium-based mutation is something you'd expect Wakanda to reconcile with given how long they've been exposed to the metal. It's been a while since someone referenced the "star demons" lore from those old Jack Kirby comics, but humans gaining abilities and whole new bodies from this sacred metal would probably be a recurring problem in Wakandan society. Jakarra exploring this dark science and seeing it as the next step in Wakandan enlightenment would be a good direction.

Maybe there's even a faith-based argument to it as well, a revelation he has when he gets saved by liquified vibranium. Bast and the other gods brought this sacred metal to us and now its incumbent upon Wakandans to merge with it and surpass the gods themselves. Maybe the Hyena Clan were exiled because they were illegally experimenting with vibranium and worked with would-be colonizers to try and steal the motherload generations ago. Jakarra comes along offering to use his connections and give them access to Wakanda again, gets exiled, and takes over their organization. Now he's running this cultish enterprise of mad scientists, tech thieves, and outcasts unlocking the secrets of vibranium-based mutation while dealing in bioterrorism and trafficking for his experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ooh that's a dope idea. Vibranium-based mutation is something you'd expect Wakanda to reconcile with given how long they've been exposed to the metal. It's been a while since someone referenced the "star demons" lore from those old Jack Kirby comics, but humans gaining abilities and whole new bodies from this sacred metal would probably be a recurring problem in Wakandan society. Jakarra exploring this dark science and seeing it as the next step in Wakandan enlightenment would be a good direction.

Maybe there's even a faith-based argument to it as well, a revelation he has when he gets saved by liquified vibranium. Bast and the other gods brought this sacred metal to us and now its incumbent upon Wakandans to merge with it and surpass the gods themselves. Maybe the Hyena Clan were exiled because they were illegally experimenting with vibranium and worked with would-be colonizers to try and steal the motherload generations ago. Jakarra comes along offering to use his connections and give them access to Wakanda again, gets exiled, and takes over their organization. Now he's running this cultish enterprise of mad scientists, tech thieves, and outcasts unlocking the secrets of vibranium-based mutation while dealing in bioterrorism and trafficking for his experiments.
    Milton Davis' story in the anthology book deals with Vb mutations during the time of Bashenga.

When it comes to any BP material these days the word "hope" loses much of its meaning

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

John Ridley's writing Black Panther next? Could be awesome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.