Page 158 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Lmao just remembered that her death makes her conversations with Storm about NuNakia keeping T'Challa's bed warm until Storm feels like going back even more pointless. Why give them beef if she was going to die 2 issues later lol
    Because Coates doesn't actually care about logic, he only cares about drama and moving from point A to point B, either at snail pace or breakneck speed and everything in-between doesn't matter. Hell he will contradict himself within a couple issues so long as he gets to his next point

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Why give them beef if she was going to die 2 issues later lol
    Because he can't write fiction.

That is the thing with Coates... there are two "bad" things going on with him.

1. He doesn't like Black Panther or Wakanda as they were previously presented

2. He isn't a talented fictional storyteller.

So it combines to make a book that is not only insulting... but just boring and bad lol

I mean ****... look at Doomwar. Doomwar sucks.

But really.. if you switch like 5 things... the story works. It is just kinda insulting as a BP fan due to the total disrespect. Switch like 5 simple things (Panther God doesn't let Doom in like that, T'challa finishes off Doom instead of a talking too for instance) and the story fundamentally works.

Coates stories don't even work. His first seasons kinda worked... everything sense has gotten worse and worse from a story telling persepective,.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Because he can't write fiction.

That is the thing with Coates... there are two "bad" things going on with him.

1. He doesn't like Black Panther or Wakanda as they were previously presented

2. He isn't a talented fictional storyteller.

So it combines to make a book that is not only insulting... but just boring and bad lol

I mean ****... look at Doomwar. Doomwar sucks.

But really.. if you switch like 5 things... the story works. It is just kinda insulting as a BP fan due to the total disrespect. Switch like 5 simple things (Panther God doesn't let Doom in like that, T'challa finishes off Doom instead of a talking too for instance) and the story fundamentally works.

Coates stories don't even work. His first seasons kinda worked... everything sense has gotten worse and worse from a story telling persepective,.
    Yeah, Coates might as well be wearing a sign that says 'I want to write X-Men', with his villain choices in BP and in Captain America.

He might do good there, all things considered. The X verse is overdue for a black writer, I don't recall any off hand.

But shoehorning them into Cap and Panther doesn't work, especially the ones he's chosen (like Selene)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, Coates might as well be wearing a sign that says 'I want to write X-Men', with his villain choices in BP and in Captain America.

He might do good there, all things considered. The X verse is overdue for a black writer, I don't recall any off hand.

But shoehorning them into Cap and Panther doesn't work, especially the ones he's chosen (like Selene)
    I'm sure Hickman can spare a few mutants. There are like what, 10 X-books now? One more couldn't hurt. The X-Writers hate T'challa as much as he does, he'll fit in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post

Just give our King a good and interesting black woman that he isn't going to simp over.
    Can we just give our king a good story arc lol. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I'm sure Hickman can spare a few mutants. There are like what, 10 X-books now? One more couldn't hurt. The X-Writers hate T'challa as much as he does, he'll fit in just fine.
    Coates just writes stuff in his own little continuity anyway.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can we just give our king a good story arc lol. ?

Coates just writes stuff in his own little continuity anyway.
    That’s what I’m saying lol. With Nakia dead and him broken up with Storm, T’Challa is bachelor now and will probably remain that way with the next relaunch. Just give him good story arcs with his friends and subordinates for a bit before circling back to who his girlfriend is. The issues with the Black Panther title have everything to do with him being mischaracterized and his supporting cast/rogues gallery being garbage, fix that then focus on the romance.

Coates writing in his own continuity is exactly why he won’t get an X-book until Hickman isn’t curating the line anymore. That corner of Marvel is way too cohesive for them to bring in a guy who does 12 issue long sagas and doesn’t seem to play well with any ideas/concepts he doesn’t personally invent. He’s obviously been auditioning to write the X-Men with Storm as the focal point but there’s just too much collaboration going on for him to make it work. I could see him get an X-book when the Krakoa era is over though.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-26-2021 at 07:23 AM.

I nominate Coates to revive the Blood Syndicate series over at DC/Milestone Comics. For those of you who may not know, the Blood Syndicate is like the more urban version of the X-men. His strength lies in taking on contemporary issues that affect urban areas throughout America (not Wakanda) ie police violence, corruption, and gentrification, etc. I feel that he could bring that same grounded realism to a Blood Syndicate series. If groomed properly, I think Coates could recapture the magic of Ivan Velez Jr.

I am still shipping T'Chlla/Zanda pairing. That would make for a good story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s what I’m saying lol. With Nakia dead and him broken up with Storm, T’Challa is bachelor now and will probably remain that way with the next relaunch. Just give him good story arcs with his friends and subordinates for a bit before circling back to who his girlfriend is. The issues with the Black Panther title have everything to do with him being mischaracterized and his supporting cast/rogues gallery being garbage, fix that then focus on the romance.
    Yeah man, I just want a 6-12 story arc that actually makes sense and is halfway decent that is actually about TCHALLA lol.

Just start with step 1 and then worry about the other stuff.

Love interest is like step 8.

Now, this doesn't mean that he is castrated. He would be the most eligible bachelor on the planet. But it doesn't need to be the focus or anything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I nominate Coates to revive the Blood Syndicate series over at DC/Milestone Comics. For those of you who may not know, the Blood Syndicate is like the more urban version of the X-men. His strength lies in taking on contemporary issues that affect urban areas throughout America (not Wakanda) ie police violence, corruption, and gentrification, etc. I feel that he could bring that same grounded realism to a Blood Syndicate series. If groomed properly, I think Coates could recapture the magic of Ivan Velez Jr.

I am still shipping T'Chlla/Zanda pairing. That would make for a good story arc.
    Anything that moves him away from T'Challa, I'm game

He tried that with BP & Crew. It got canceled after the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    LOL

You can tell dude didn't expect it at all too, since he spent I think... 5? of the 6 issues putting the team together one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    True.

But that's because it was more of a Mystic Knight story than a BP story.

Got canceled because of false advertising lol.

But I still like it though.

And I still can't believe they haven't given him an X-title yet. Like you said, he's screaming, "I want to write Storm!"

Only problem might be that the X-Editor will have a tighter rein on him that the BP editor.

Ultimate Member

Bryan Hill was there.

And the NEW writer of Static at DC Vita is there for New Mutants and Children of the Atom. And I HOPE Livewire/Supergirl Vita shows up for Static and not Marauder Vita.

Coates just needs to go to image and create his own comic with his own characters and stop frakking up other company's characters.