Page 381 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481881 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I agree Wakanda is pretty tough. But Thanos is probably way more advanced even than them.
    That remains to be seen in the comics. It sounds logical and people say it but the Black Panther keeps a lot of Secrets and until they try....like the skrulls did after specifically getting recon on Wakanda and Tchalla....we dont know how Wakanda will respond. Could be a cosic level emp that forces a no tech fight....coild be a Phoenix killing Energy Panther driven by a general.
    Wakanda is is a very dangerous place because of the mind of Tchalla and its resources. Both dont have limits
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-09-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That remains to be in the comics. It sounds logical and people say it but the Black Panther keeps a lot of Secrets and until they try....like the skrulls did after specifically getting recon on Wakanda and Tchalla....we dont know how Wakanda will respond. Could be a cosic level emp that forces a no tech fight....coild be a Phoenix killing Energy Panther driven by a general.
    Ok. I was mainly referring to the MCU. I just generally assume an advanced alien race would be more powerful than any earth society, in theory at least

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Their tactics were based on mass murder and disposable soldiers.

And at a certain point, we need to reconcile suspending disbelief with a movie budget
    Lol, my thoughts exactly. Thanos relied on the numbers game and that he and inner circle would be more than enough for clean up duty just in case there were some super power forces on some planets. I would have loved to see Adam Warlock in full effect, on deck with his ability to check and counter Thanos utilizing this set of heroes in endgame. Especially if Adam were working with T'Challa, Wakanda, to spring the trap.

Yeah, I was more talking about the MCU
    This still doesn't matter as we saw I. The first avengers they defeated Loki's army with pistols, a hammer, a bow, and a shield... And 6 people. Pretty sure this should be a cake Walk for wkasmo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This still doesn't matter as we saw I. The first avengers they defeated Loki's army with pistols, a hammer, a bow, and a shield... And 6 people. Pretty sure this should be a cake Walk for wkasmo
    Seeing Hawkeye and Black Widow in that battle was laughable at times though, and even Cap looked out of place. Although they only beat thr Chitauri by closing the portal

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    They need to move away from big H2H fights all the time, especially when it doesn't make sense in places like Wakanda, a nation the size of new jersey, more advanced then the rest of the world, would not immediately give up their range, choke point and air support advantage, to fight 4 armed rabid alien dogs this removing all their advantages so now they are overwhelmed by numbers. It's completely idiotic, and this type of combat makes less and less sense as more heroes are introduced with varying powers. They should try and balance it out similar to transformers, on the sense that they utilize their range weapons and the like and integrate it into their close quarters combat.
    They kept the range advantage for a while though, and War Machine did a pretty good job of holding the checkpoint until he caught a sucker punch.

But this is a movie, and safe and reliable tactics are boring :P

Plus, virtually all modern tactics are designed with the enemy having a sense of self preservation. If you can mass produce the outriders, make sure they can identify friendlies, then I think they're a more dangerous tool than you give them credit for

Plus, virtually all modern tactics are designed with the enemy having a sense of self preservation. r
    this reminds me of World War Z... the book

outriders are like super powered zombies
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

They kept the range advantage for a while though, and War Machine did a pretty good job of holding the checkpoint until he caught a sucker punch.

But this is a movie, and safe and reliable tactics are boring :P

Plus, virtually all modern tactics are designed with the enemy having a sense of self preservation. If you can mass produce the outriders, make sure they can identify friendlies, then I think they're a more dangerous tool than you give them credit for
    I don't see how long range attack is more boring, especially considering how mcu fights always end up with punching anywag

Ultimate Member

I don't see how long range attack is more boring, especially considering how mcu fights always end up with punching anywag
    Little risk at a distance

Ultimate Member

Little risk at a distance
    Exactly. I like when characters are smart

Ultimate Member

Honestly, so do I. Why's I loved Priest's Panther and can't stand most horror movies.

But at the same time, make them too smart/logical and you lose tension

Unfortunately, sometimes the plot may find itself allergic to such characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I guess so

Seeing Hawkeye and Black Widow in that battle was laughable at times though, and even Cap looked out of place. Although they only beat thr Chitauri by closing the portal
    They held them back long enough for a nuke to new York and directed it into the portal. 6 people held off an entire army for ATLEAST 20 min, including two leviathans and and advanced alien air crafts and laser guns And your going to tell me the most advanced nation on earth whom is also a warrior nation, with superior tech, air support, a shield and a full army can hold off rabid dogs??? That's my problem with IW when it comes to Wakandas treatment. By all accounts the chitauri were a bigger threat by what they brought to the battle then the Black order