Page 763 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 263663713753759760761762763764765766767773813863 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,445 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I've said this before on CBR and I'd say it again:

The main problem in Black Panther, in general, is that he has way too many supporting characters who represent just the military arm of Wakanda. Most of his supporting characters sound the same and serve the same purpose in his stories. And the more supporting characters a BP comic has, the fewer feats that T'Challa gets to earn on his own.

I liked it when Black Panther wasn't bulletproof because that threat of death was present in every battle he was in. He had to use his pantherish speed to dodge the spears, the blades the gun blasts everything. now he's Black Pampered.
    Nah that was always a dumb thing about BP to start. Dudes the leader of the most advanced nation on earth and he is running around getting his scalp split by old ladies with cans of corn? Nah, how he is now is leagues better. He just needs his rogues to be elevated to be a threat to him. We don't need to strip T'Challa of his stuff just so goon slam Gary can be a match.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I can't help but wonder if people would be badmouthing the movie the same way if Boseman were still alive...

It's sort of weird that when he died, everyone was all "rest in power, my king", but now that some time has passed, we're getting all these "but I hope the next BP actor portrays an ACCURATE T'challa!" posts.

*shrugs* Fans be fickle, I guess.
    I know your not likely talking about me, but what I am saying now has been what I have been saying even when Chad was around still. I didn't like the aspects that his super genius was ambiguous and Shuri was pushed forward as THE super genius to the point where it appears she is the only one advancing Wakanda. And that I wish T'Challa was the one who was pushing to open Wakanda.

Frankly I don't want a variant to come in, that cheapens the impact of the first movie and doesn't allow us to continue T'Challas full character arc. And the more Priest like panther was something Chad wanted as well so I wouldn't mind seeing that always prepared T'Challa who's mind was his weapon

I can't help but wonder if people would be badmouthing the movie the same way if Boseman were still alive...

It's sort of weird that when he died, everyone was all "rest in power, my king", but now that some time has passed, we're getting all these "but I hope the next BP actor portrays an ACCURATE T'challa!" posts.

*shrugs* Fans be fickle, I guess.
    I said the same thing since the beginning. Also, I don't think this is an indictment on Boseman. Ive never heard anyone here conplain about his performance. Its on the ppl who handled his character arc and story from the jump.
    His "orgin" was sandwiched into one of the most jam packed movies of all of them in Civil War, completely altered, and never given depth in his debut solo movie. Spiderman gets a clear orgin story every decade.

The character never got the definition Boseman deserved as lead actor. Thor saved his ppl in his homeland. A white norse god. The Russos thought Panther wasnt an Alist character and thats how they treated him.
    Coogler had other priorities and didnt nget the draw of the character and that was evident by how a portion of the audience now views the mantl...i mean charcater.

None of these issues reflect on Chadwick's outstanding portrayal
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-24-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Y'all finally seeing what I saw the first time I saw the movie. We've yet to get a comic accurate T'challa in live action. Plus now they don't want to recast. The whole things a joke
    Neither has Thor, Cap Tony, Sam, Bucky, Spidey, etc.

They're just pulling elements from 616 and Ultimate universe characters to create MCU characters.

616 Sam was never in t he military but UU Sam was. Bucky isn't White Wolf in the comics but MCU Bucky is. MCU Cap is a combo of UU and 616.

For T'Challa, Coogler pulled elements from Priest, Don McGregor and Coates version.

40460C48-7C07-4B15-B7B9-B0F7E5B96C54.jpg

It was Aldis Hodges birthday recently. And man he just seriously gives off T’Challa vibes the more I look at him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I've been bad mouthing the movie since it came out, so I know your not talking about me

The whole "black panther is one of the best MCU movies" energy is fake anyways.

Only to be taken out of the closet to say "hey the MCU can be cinema too. Cape flicks can tackle social issues. Look, see"

Ultimate Member

Folks were going after that movie when Boseman was alive.

I can name one who went after EVERYONE not named Boseman especially Ryan Coolger.

They wanted an angry Black man or a watered down version of Coates that got talked to every which way by agenda filled folks.

Movie Panther did not act "black" enough for them.

Same mess they said about Static and Milestone and Miles Morales and Luke Cage.

They want some black power fantasy that only attacked a CERTAIN demographic.

And Marvel would had its first box office bomb if they did that.

I personally do not care for characters that have no agency.

Apparently this is what mcgregor's panther was like. Fair enough but when I think of T'challa, I picture a character with tremendous agency. A strategist. I was never gonna gravitate to coogler's take.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

It was Aldis Hodges birthday recently. And man he just seriously gives off T’Challa vibes the more I look at him.
    Damn, dude does pull off a T'Challa vibe. That's a clean look

Man, MCU missed an opportunity by not using him for the recast. I hope they take a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Man, MCU missed an opportunity by not using him for the recast. I hope they take a good look.
    And to think this man thinks that freaking Hawkman is a good fit for his talent. No come on over here bro. Marvel has a whole multiverse now!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I have a prediction: End credits of BP2 will show that after everything is done, they will show the hand of an unseen figure picking up the cowl of a new habit.

Next movie will be BP3: Return of the King.

And to think this man thinks that freaking Hawkman is a good fit for his talent. No come on over here bro. Marvel has a whole multiverse now!
    I mean, Hawkman's a pretty compelling character when written right...a noble intellectual with a savage side with years of history and lives behind him and a tragic love story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Hawkman's a pretty compelling character when written right...a noble intellectual with a savage side with years of history and lives behind him and a tragic love story.
    All true and good but...

1rst Black Super hero ever
    Black King
    Highest grossing solo character
    Carrying Chadwick's legacy/name forward through time

Or Hawkman

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I said the same thing since the beginning. Also, I don't think this is an indictment on Boseman. Ive never heard anyone here conplain about his performance. Its on the ppl who handled his character arc and story from the jump.
    His "orgin" was sandwiched into one of the most jam packed movies of all of them in Civil War, completely altered, and never given depth in his debut solo movie. Spiderman gets a clear orgin story every decade.
    Spider-Man's origin story has barely been acknowledged in the MCU.

The character never got the definition Boseman deserved as lead actor. Thor saved his ppl in his homeland. A white norse god.
    So did T'Challa's. And the Wakandans are a lot better off than the Asgardians who don't even have a planet anymore.

The Russos thought Panther wasnt an Alist character and thats how they treated him.
    He is depicted as an implacable force in Civil War and while he does die in Infinity War, he still gets a strong showing.

Coogler had other priorities and didnt nget the draw of the character and that was evident by how a portion of the audience now views the mantl...i mean charcater.
    A portion of the audience wanting Shuri or someone else to take the mantle doesn't reflect on Coogler. Legacy is all the rage now when it comes to DC and Marvel.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-24-2021 at 10:11 AM.