Page 154 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Of course, you will be taking your advantage as king by marrying someone whose job it is to serve you. Just like you will be taking advantage as king by marrying a "goddess" from the X-Men.

You think Storm will have ever messed with T'Challa if he was just some regular dude with no influence? ... Hell Naw.
    Shes messes with Wolverine just fine and he is just some short hairy dude with no influence so....

And man... those two things arent the same at all. That aren't comparable at all. For instance... Storm can say, "no." The Dora's can't.

The Doras grew up under T'challa and unable to date or even be around other men. Storm can do whatever the hell she pleases. She is purely independent grown ass woman.

t'challa marrying a dora AS PRESENTED BY PRIEST isn't right... which is why T'challa never entertained the idea. It was a compromise he accepted to keep the tribes in line.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The Dora Milaje were assembled as potential queens for an unmarried king, maintaining the peace in Wakanda by ensuring that every tribe has the opportunity to put forward one of their daughters for the crown. As in wives-in-training for the king of Wakanda. And Waknadan tribes will raise hell no matter what you do because they are a warrior nation. Raising hell is all they know.
    And no Wakandan king has married a Dora that we know of. They didn't revolt when T'Chaka married Ramonda and they didn't raise hell when T'Challa married Storm.

Doras are elite foot soldiers in the army of Wakanda, nothing more.

Astonishing Member

T'Challa marrying Okoye now doesn't pose the same problems as it did under the framework established by Priest. This was one of the major developments to come out of Coates' first arc, though as I'm sure most of us know, this had never been an actual problem in the mythos before as T'Challa was never romantically interested in any of the Dora.

They're not wives in waiting and I'm not even sure if they're meant to be representatives of the various tribes anymore. They're just elite foot soldiers who are responsible for defending the royal family if they so choose and acting as a paramilitary force to defend the most isolated communities in the nation (hence why they currently run a portion of the Jabari region). The Dora are basically Wakandan samurai. Marrying Okoye shouldn't cause a political controversy the way it would've a few years ago.

That said, just because they could be romantically involved doesn't mean they should. T'Challa was never interested in the Dora, them being romantically available now doesn't really change that. From what we've seen T'Challa prefers women that are more free-willed and easygoing than he is and Okoye is pretty square outside her snappy personality. He also doesn't strike me as someone who would date a woman with such drastically different social/political values, since Okoye being such a huge traditionalist.

Okoye doesn't have the lighthearted musical taste of Monica or the love of adventure of Storm and overall comes off as a huge stick in the mud that would just make T'Challa double down on his own dour personality. Now a lot of this comes down to Okoye basically having 0 depth and being a transplant of the MCU version who's just a quippy bodyguard, but I don't see enough there to convince me she'd make sense as T'Challa's queen. Just bring back Monica or turn Malaika into Malice so T'Challa has a Catwoman love interest. Anything else is just a waste of time tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T'Challa marrying Okoye now doesn't pose the same problems as it did under the framework established by Priest. This was one of the major developments to come out of Coates' first arc, though as I'm sure most of us know, this had never been an actual problem in the mythos before as T'Challa was never romantically interested in any of the Dora.

They're not wives in waiting and I'm not even sure if they're meant to be representatives of the various tribes anymore. They're just elite foot soldiers who are responsible for defending the royal family if they so choose and acting as a paramilitary force to defend the most isolated communities in the nation (hence why they currently run a portion of the Jabari region). The Dora are basically Wakandan samurai. Marrying Okoye shouldn't cause a political controversy the way it would've a few years ago.

That said, just because they could be romantically involved doesn't mean they should. T'Challa was never interested in the Dora, them being romantically available now doesn't really change that. From what we've seen T'Challa prefers women that are more free-willed and easygoing than he is and Okoye is pretty square outside her snappy personality. He also doesn't strike me as someone who would date a woman with such drastically different social/political values, since Okoye being such a huge traditionalist.

Okoye doesn't have the lighthearted musical taste of Monica or the love of adventure of Storm and overall comes off as a huge stick in the mud that would just make T'Challa double down on his own dour personality. Now a lot of this comes down to Okoye basically having 0 depth and being a transplant of the MCU version who's just a quippy bodyguard, but I don't see enough there to convince me she'd make sense as T'Challa's queen. Just bring back Monica or turn Malaika into Malice so T'Challa has a Catwoman love interest. Anything else is just a waste of time tbh.
    This is all true.

I think the "issue" is that as soon as you make them an item... the articles and stuff will start to come up bringing up Priest era. Where she was a 16 year old adored one wife in training.

I don't think it is worth it.

And yeah, she really doesn't add anything to T'challa at all. She works a recognizable sidekick now. She doesn't have to be more than that.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Honestly, T'Challa and Okoye marrying would be boring imo.

Speaking of Monica, I always thought she should be turned into an Inhuman back when Marvels inhuman push was still going strong. Preferably one with sound based abilities since she’s a singer plus it would’ve made for a great parallel with Klaw as both T’Challas love interest and one of his biggest enemies have the power over sound.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shes messes with Wolverine just fine and he is just some short hairy dude with no influence so....

And man... those two things arent the same at all. That aren't comparable at all. For instance... Storm can say, "no." The Dora's can't.

The Doras grew up under T'challa and unable to date or even be around other men. Storm can do whatever the hell she pleases. She is purely independent grown ass woman.

t'challa marrying a dora AS PRESENTED BY PRIEST isn't right... which is why T'challa never entertained the idea. It was a compromise he accepted to keep the tribes in line.
    You're right. Storm did mess with Wolverine.

Then she left Wolverine for T'Challa because T'Challa had more influence than Wolverine does. If T'Challa was just some regular dude, she would have never left Wolverine for him.

And the Doras are able to date other men. In the BP movie, that Okoye was had a romantic relationship with W'Kabi. She didn't lose her job over it.

And who says the Dora Milaje can't say 'no' to their king?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This is all true.

I think the "issue" is that as soon as you make them an item... the articles and stuff will start to come up bringing up Priest era. Where she was a 16 year old adored one wife in training.

I don't think it is worth it.

And yeah, she really doesn't add anything to T'challa at all. She works a recognizable sidekick now. She doesn't have to be more than that.
    Yea these series are all in continuity so even though Okoye’s obviously been aged up since 2018 those stories with her as a teen still happened. Didn’t T’Challa even personally oversee the training of her and Nakia? Yea that’s a PR disaster waiting to happen. Like I said, Monica or Malaika, pick one. Or Zanda if you want to throw in a little spice for an arc.

Okoye works perfectly fine as she is now, a snarky bodyguard/general. If anything she’s the best and most stable supporting character T’Challa currently has, his top sidekick. Literally everyone else is either in flux due to the MCU throwing off their previous characterization (Nakia, M’Baku, Shuri) or dead (W’Kabi and Zuri). Okoye is the ride or die of the main lead both in and out of universe, makes no sense shifting her role.

Then she left Wolverine for T'Challa because T'Challa had more influence than Wolverine does. If T'Challa was just some regular dude, she would have never left Wolverine for him.

And the Doras are able to date other men. In the BP movie, that Okoye was had a romantic relationship with W'Kabi. She didn't lose her job over it.

Got that backwards. After the annulment she goes to Wolverine. Then Wolverine dies while they're in the relationship. And Storm almost destroyed the Earths magnetic field from grief.

You're mixing MCU and MU, two different things. The Doras are not wive-in-training in the MCU, they're just elite bodyguards to the King nothing more.

Hell, they're no longer that in the MU.

Yea these series are all in continuity so even though Okoye’s obviously been aged up since 2018 those stories with her as a teen still happened. Didn’t T’Challa even personally oversee the training of her and Nakia? Yea that’s a PR disaster waiting to happen. Like I said, Monica or Malaika, pick one. Or Zanda if you want to throw in a little spice for an arc.

Okoye works perfectly fine as she is now, a snarky bodyguard/general. If anything she’s the best and most stable supporting character T’Challa currently has, his top sidekick. Literally everyone else is either in flux due to the MCU throwing off their previous characterization (Nakia, M’Baku, Shuri) or dead (W’Kabi and Zuri). Okoye is the ride or die of the main lead both in and out of universe, makes no sense shifting her role.
    Exactly. There doesn't need to be a romantic relationship between Okoye and T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Got that backwards. After the annulment she goes to Wolverine. Then Wolverine dies while they're in the relationship. And Storm almost destroyed the Earths magnetic field from grief.
    Actually. You're right. I did get it backwards.

But T'Challa annulled his marriage with her. If he had never annulled the marriage, Storm would have never left him for Wolverine. Why? Because Wolverine is the rebound and T'Challa has more influence.

Actually. You're right. I did get it backwards.

But T'Challa annulled his marriage with her. If he had never annulled the marriage, Storm would have never left him for Wolverine. Why? Because Wolverine is the rebound and T'Challa has more influence.
    If she cared about power, she'd have never been on the X side from the beginning. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Exactly. There doesn't need to be a romantic relationship between Okoye and T'Challa.
    Honestly? I know I have said it before that I wouldn't be against them being romantic, but really at this point I would say that they should act like childhood friends. Like a more mature version of T'Challas and Shuris relationship in the BP movie.

No interest in seeing Okoye and T'Challa date they are awful fit ( QDJ & or Asha would be better fits then her & they are bad fit to just less then Okoye) prefer there rship stay as it is. BP needs all new Wakandan created love interest Croc sister form KIB would be a good start..