Page 306 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406806 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Like what happened to Spider-Man. As if repeating the other story beats over again isn't stale.

I remember Monica Lynne. Didn't she die? And why didn't the X-office like the romance?

Misty Knight was in a couple with Iron Fist, but I think they've ended it. I haven't read much of either two
    The X-office thought Black Panther was stealing her from them. Not helping matters is that Marvel was beefing with Fox at the time over movie rights, which lead to the trash heap known as Avengers vs X-men. Though I will say this, it would’ve been funny if T’Challa got an Inhuman love interest back when Marvel was pushing them heavily.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Like what happened to Spider-Man. As if repeating the other story beats over again isn't stale.

I remember Monica Lynne. Didn't she die? And why didn't the X-office like the romance?

Misty Knight was in a couple with Iron Fist, but I think they've ended it. I haven't read much of either two
    Spider-Man was exactly who/what I was thinking of when I made my earlier post. As for Storm, considering how the X-Office pretty much sidelined her in the years before Hudlin got her and Black Panther married, I'd say it was a matter of sour grapes on their part, being jealous and petty that she was getting shine and prominence outside the X-Franchise --- that, again, wasn't even using her that well in the first place, if at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The X-office thought Black Panther was stealing her from them. Not helping matters is that Marvel was beefing with Fox at the time over movie rights, which lead to the trash heap known as Avengers vs X-men. Though I will say this, it would’ve been funny if T’Challa got an Inhuman love interest back when Marvel was pushing them heavily.
    He still could. Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man was exactly who/what I was thinking of when I made my earlier post. As for Storm, considering how the X-Office pretty much sidelined her in the years before Hudlin got her and Black Panther married, I'd say it was a matter of sour grapes on their part, being jealous and petty that she was getting shine and prominence outside the X-Franchise --- that, again, wasn't even using her that well in the first place, if at all.
    Why'd the X-office sideline her though? And if they did, why were they jealous?

why were they jealous?

Because the X-office is like that one kid that never plays with a certain toy (Storm). But when another kid plays with said toy, then the kid will all of a sudden act like it was his favorite toy all along and will start raising hell until he gets it back.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Because the X-office is like that one kid that never plays with a certain toy (Storm). But when another kid plays with said toy, then the kid will all of a sudden act like it was his favorite toy all along and will start raising hell until he gets it back.
    Well, the X-Men preach diversity, and are a very diverse group, more so than the Avengers in many ways, but dp they ever deal with actual racism?

If they wanted Storm, they should've used her

If Monica remains an item with Adam, maybe Misty Knight wouldn’t be too bad of a choice.
    Misty & Sam are together & make a much better couple imo then BP & her would imo. I’d prefer Wakandan love interest from a different tribe or for someone to make a Vixen type or Bumblebee type or XS type character for him to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I like Nnendi's original university girlfriend. I just make her geneticists or doctor. Something that would complement Tchalla science so they could work on projects together.
    Character has potential but I’d say no to her because Nnendi doesn’t deserve The prestige/royalties plus its give her bigger character to come back & trash the show franchise/myths.

Definitely something I still wouldn’t mind seeing still, I’d prefer something from Mozambique/Utolan.
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 04-22-2021 at 10:53 PM.

He still could. Maybe

Why'd the X-office sideline her though? And if they did, why were they jealous?
    They didn't. Storm was in xtreme xmen leading it and Claremont had plans for something else but hudlin who was running bet at the time made a deal to get storm and he would work on a bp animation. So it's not she wasn't being used but from a financial standpoint they could make more money using her in another way.

If one doesn't believe she was being used check the dates on when her lastt big x appearance were compared to when that mini came out that changed her history.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-23-2021 at 04:41 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s really sad when you actually think about it. You almost never hear Aquaman fans worry about Mera being made into the star of Aquaman solo, same goes for Green Arrow, Nightwing, and other fanbases lol.
    Because those franchises control the second person in the "power couple"

Their isn't another popular character in the mythos to fill that "power" role, hence why I said "no mas!"

It isn't so much that they are both powered, I meanted powered as "popular" so to speak.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I work at the post office and it's the worst it's ever been in history at the moment
    It is brutal man.

Last 3 things i've gotten from USPS have disappeared for significant amounts of time. 2 of them eventually showed up but Im losing hope on my trade....

If I could tell ahead of time, I simply wouldn't order a thing that is shipped USPS.

the fact politics got into the postal SERVICE is insane. This country is stupid.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They didn't. Storm was in xtreme xmen leading it and Claremont had plans for something else but hudlin who was running bet at the time made a deal to get storm and he would work on a bp animation. So it's not she wasn't being used but from a financial standpoint they could make more money using her in another way.

If one doesn't believe she was being used check the dates on when her lastt big x appearance were compared to when that mini came out that changed her history.
    Ok. I've not read much recent X-Men so I'm a bit out of the loop on that

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Because those franchises control the second person in the "power couple"

Their isn't another popular character in the mythos to fill that "power" role, hence why I said "no mas!"

It isn't so much that they are both powered, I meanted powered as "popular" so to speak.
    Exactly. It doesn't matter what woman storm is replaced with it will always be seen as a step down if he ever tried to marry again. So unless a capable BlackPanther creator has full control and oversight over both characters then it's never going to work

Ultimate Member

Exactly. It doesn't matter what woman storm is replaced with it will always be seen as a step down if he ever tried to marry again. So unless a capable BlackPanther creator has full control and oversight over both characters then it's never going to work
    Maybe he should stay single for a while until they actually develop a good idea for a love interest.

Why exactly did they put him with Storm in the first place? Did the writers ever explain that?

Maybe he should stay single for a while until they actually develop a good idea for a love interest.

Why exactly did they put him with Storm in the first place? Did the writers ever explain that?
    Because they’re both the most prominent Black superheroes at Marvel and they said, “hey let’s go with that!”

I still think Monica Rambeau would’ve been the better option. It would’ve been entertaining to see her personality bounce off of T’Challas if they were a couple.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

By whom? The Wakandans? The BP fan-base? The X-Men/Storm fans? Speaking as one of them (though, not for them)...No. We don't really care that much, if at all. As much as I loved the union at the time, Storm wasn't written as a step-up, much...yes, she certainly had her moments and was a notable if secondary presence but by and large, her being Queen and Wife somehow felt more important and primary to her being Mutant figurehead.
    So with that said...

I'm ALL for T'Challa moving on and beyond Storm, for ever. I wouldn't mind if they introduced new romantic interests and they don't have to be serious (until one becomes serious).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Because they’re both the most prominent Black superheroes at Marvel and they said, “hey let’s go with that!”

I still think Monica Rambeau would’ve been the better option. It would’ve been entertaining to see her personality bounce off of T’Challas if they were a couple.
    I'm still in the "magical love interest" camp, because it would expand the kinds of stories told about the couple. The problem with him dating a superhero is that it tends to suggest superhero plots, and frankly I've read too many of those.

But Wakanda & magic don't really get along, despite the existence of the Panther God(dess) and folks like Zawavari. Even the much-vaunted "shadow physics" was really just a fancier kind of science at the end of the day. And the biggest mystical threat T'Challa has defeated was beaten through science. (A cool scene, but really not all that impressive in retrospect).

THe thing is, most of the unattached magic-users at Marvel are either too old or too young.