Page 826 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 326726776816822823824825826827828829830836876926 ... LastLast
Results 12,376 to 12,390 of 15079

BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS #3 (of 4)

TOCHI ONYEBUCHI (W) • FRAN GALÁN (A)
    Cover by Jahnoy Lindsay
    Variant cover by Natacha Bustos

It’s time for T’Challa to claim his throne.

T’Challa’s adopted brother, Hunter, has taken control of the Hatut Zeraze and is using his secret police force to keep T’Challa in exile. If T’Challa doesn’t come home, he can’t continue his plan to open Wakanda, which Hunter blames for their father’s death. But T’Challa now knows just how much the rest of the world needs them — and just what kind of king he wants to be. Follow the new origin story by New York Times best-selling author Tochi Onyebuchi and artist Fran Galán.
    Decent new take I suppose

BLACK PANTHER #3

JOHN RIDLEY & MORE (W) • JUANN CABAL & MORE (A)
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Variant Cover by GARY FRANK
    Marvel Masterpieces Variant Cover by JOE JUSKO

CELEBRATING THE 200TH ISSUE OF BLACK PANTHER AS T’CHALLA FACES OFF AGAINST THE X-MEN OF MARS!

With assassins closing in and Wakanda’s faith in him shaken, T’Challa goes to visit Storm on the newly terraformed Mars. But this will not be a happy reunion as T’Challa has ulterior motives for his visit. And back home, Shuri discovers who is behind the attacks on Wakanda’s secret agents — a revelation that will change everything. Plus: This oversized issue will include stories celebrating the past and foreshadow the future of the Black Panther and the world of Wakanda!
    Ulterior motive part is fine but too bad he already lost my dollars unless issue 1 and 2 are the greatest things on earth
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Definitely, keep the money in the wallet. I don't want BPII to fail but without T'Challa, I have no intention of seeing it.

I agree. I definitely don’t want it to nor do I think it will do as well as the first BP.

Well the legends issue should be a good read. More Hunter is always a plus in my book.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Once again I won’t be bragging about not buying Black Panther by Ridley. Especially after not reading one word of his new take. When there’s no Black Panther book at all because of people who don’t support the book now, then there will be something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    More people hated on Gentles pathetic ass on the cover than Storm. Storm makes some sense, Gentle doesn't.

Gentle has had less of a presence in BP comics than Goon Slam Gary. Literally.

A milestone issue cover is a celebration... you could name probably 50 characters in BP comics that have had more of an impact than a parody character in Gentle.

Maybe Ridley can fix Gentle but the problem is, the franchise doesn't own him. the X office does. So any fixing can be undone instantly.

I'l find out using Dark Magic
    Right? Like, why aren't they tying into his Avengers relationship? Or the FF? Or ya know showing his supporting cast.
    There are many MANY other characters I would put before storm and frakking Gentle. Those two make zero sense. It's just more x pandering and then taking without giving anything in return. These characters are literal leeches to T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Definitely, keep the money in the wallet. I don't want BPII to fail but without T'Challa, I have no intention of seeing it.
    It's not going to fail in Marvel standards. I think it WILL fail from a BP standard though. I feel like its going to go from a cultural movement with important messages mixed on with superhero action, to just another superhero flick relying more heavily on the Marvel formula

As long as Ridley provides more examples of TChalla being a great leader, a great warrior, and a great intellect, I’m in. Not that difficult to please me. I don’t think it’s easy to write a good BP book. There’s a lot of places you can take the story, but handling it the right way is the key. Maybe my expectations are different because I know what it’s like to try and write a great story.

oh hell, they are making the 200th issue an X-men issue.

Well at least T'Challa has his moments in Avengers
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Once again I won’t be bragging about not buying Black Panther by Ridley. Especially after not reading one word of his new take. When there’s no Black Panther book at all because of people who don’t support the book now, then there will be something to complain about.
    Why should I support a book that is introducing a new "protector of Wakanda" and advertising it?

Why would I support a book that seems to be planning on removing the main character from his main role?

Buying and just hoping "maybe it will get better" is how you get 6 years of Coates.

As long as Ridley provides more examples of TChalla being a great leader, a great warrior, and a great intellect, I’m in. Not that difficult to please me. I don’t think it’s easy to write a good BP book. There’s a lot of places you can take the story, but handling it the right way is the key. Maybe my expectations are different because I know what it’s like to try and write a great story.
    Sure, I said this too.

Then we get an solicit have a potential replacement character.

I'm not paying to support a replacement. And if it is just a "bad solicit" then that is marvels fault, not mine.

Ridley could EASILY do an interview somewhere praising T'challa, being excited about writing him... where is that at?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I'll check it out to see what he is planning, however, he has to come correct and right now, with information coming out, he is showing some of the same issues people had with Coates. Difference now is that unlike Coates, he doesn't have Marvel and literary types backing him and ready to lap up and overpraise whatever bullisht he spews put on page (of he follows Coates footsteps) so he better bring the heat, and not try and reuse Coates failed methods otherwise he is going to get the boot fast.

A6CD0D7A-57CD-4ABC-86D2-493A7CCAD323.jpg

He’ll be showing up in Captain Marvel. Though it’ll most likely be minor.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why should I support a book that is introducing a new "protector of Wakanda" and advertising it?

Why would I support a book that seems to be planning on removing the main character from his main role?

Buying and just hoping "maybe it will get better" is how you get 6 years of Coates.

Sure, I said this too.

Then we get an solicit have a potential replacement character.

I'm not paying to support a replacement. And if it is just a "bad solicit" then that is marvels fault, not mine.

Ridley could EASILY do an interview somewhere praising T'challa, being excited about writing him... where is that at?
    This. No one is buying BP to read about how he is going to be displaced and a "New proctor of Wakanda will emerge" they want a new protector? Give them a mini separate from the main title and try it there. Let the BP book be about.. T'Challa the guy who the franchise is centered around. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp on recent years???

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Well at least T'Challa has his moments in Avengers

Has he done anything since....... Heroes Reborn?

Is Hudlin the last time T'Challa was actually happy and loved by his country in the comics?

We'll know what Ridley has planned after a few issues. I remember Maberry saying how much he loved Black Panther and ended up writing a love letter to Doom.

Priest didn't want to write Panther and ended up redefining and elevating BP to new levels.

Everything is in place for Ridley to deliver a good Panther. He's following a horrible run so as long as he doesn't punk T'Challa out or have him be another Bland Panther, he wins.

BLAP2021003_FrankVar.jpg

I know its just a cover, but I'm very excited to the TechnoJungle again.
    The most under use weapon Of Wakanda. Hopefully we'll see it again.