Page 52 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast

They should really update the 6 Million Year Man. He could be T'Challa's Kang or Vandal Savage.

What I'd also like to see is a Mirror Universe T'Challa just like Reed has The Maker. All the genius, tech, resources and skills but straight up ruthless.

Dang that would be a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They should really update the 6 Million Year Man. He could be T'Challa's Kang or Vandal Savage.

What I'd also like to see is a Mirror Universe T'Challa just like Reed has The Maker. All the genius, tech, resources and skills but straight up ruthless.

Dang that would be a fight.
    Thats Dr Doom. Lets just have Tchalla beat his ass in all forms of combat

Last edited by Ekie; 01-24-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah and it's not a continuity thing either. It's just a base of characters that are important enough to travel from one series to the next. Same thing with his villains. T'Challa has enough obscure supporting characters and villains that would benefit from an upgrade and be good enough to travel from series to series.
    Yea, most writers these days would rather invent/push their own pet characters than retrofit preexisting supporting cast to fit their story. I mean what was the point of Akili if you already have Kasper? Did we need the Midnight Angels if we already had Okoye and Asira? With a few tweaks to his powerset Vibraxas could've done everything that Manifold did and yet he's entirely superfluous in the Coates run.

There's been a real bloat to the BP books for several years now and it's really only thanks to the MCU that things seem to be crystalizing around a core cast of side characters. The biggest issue with T'Challa's solos is the writers after Priest not utilizing the groundwork that he laid out and letting great concepts/characters fall to the wayside. Some like Hudlin compensated by adding something new (at the time the marriage to Storm was a good thing, as was Shuri's introduction)

While others like Coates ended up creating/elevating inferior versions of preexisting characters while further diluting the brand with characters that'll surely be irrelevant after his run. The world of Wakanda absolutely should be vast, but there needs to be variety and a genuine effort to give development to a consistent cast that can enhance T'Challa's stories. That's what's been missing for a long time.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-24-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    every time we get into these talks it KILLS me I'm never getting my hands on this franchise.

I might need to step away.
    Lol I understand. I can tell you understand the hights this franchise could be taken in terms of popularity. Its a gold mine untapped because it STAYS in the hands of creators who are unfans of its main character and his potential (which i think it Batman/Spiderman level fame) . I can only imagine you pitched something that would point Tchalla right onto that path and I am terrified of the reason as to why marvel turned that down.
    The payoff at the end of all of this was that there was finally going to be a Black character that could inspire kids and men alike to be better and improve themselves. Same way Spiderman/Superman/Cap/and to some extent Batman does for white kids and men.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Thats Dr Doom. Lets just have Tchalla beat his ass in all forms of combat
    I think an evil T'Challa would be far worse than Doom.

I've been saying for years that T'Challa needs a Sinister Six. The Supremacists could fit that bill. Likely need a name change.

Who would be in that group?

I think an evil T'Challa would be far worse than Doom.
    Is it too late for killmonger to fit that bill?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, most writers these days would rather invent/push their own pet characters than retrofit preexisting supporting cast to fit their story. I mean what was the point of Akili if you already have Kasper? Did we need the Midnight Angels if we already had Okoye and Asira? With a few tweaks to his powerset Vibraxas could've done everything that Manifold did and yet he's entirely superfluous in the Coates run.

There's been a real bloat to the BP books for several years now and it's really only thanks to the MCU that things seem to be crystalizing around a core cast of side characters. The biggest issue with T'Challa's solos is the writers after Priest not utilizing the groundwork that he laid out and letting great concepts/characters fall to the wayside. Some like Hudlin compensated by adding something new (at the time the marriage to Storm was a good thing, as was Shuri's introduction)

While others like Coates ended up creating/elevating inferior versions of preexisting characters while further diluting the brand with characters that'll surely be irrelevant after his run. The world of Wakanda absolutely should be vast, but there needs to be variety and a genuine effort to give development to a consistent cast that can enhance T'Challa's stories. That's what's been missing for a long time.
    Totally agree. I don't see any of the characters Coates created making the transition to the next series. In fact, I hope the next writer will take a back to basics approach and hopefully bring back a few characters from earlier runs with a few new ones sprinkled in.

Mighty Member

I still hold firm to my opinion Hudlin could have accomplished the same things for the mythos and his daughter by creating an in house LI for T'Challa instead of a sister. For the movies as well.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Is it too late for killmonger to fit that bill?
    I don't think Killmonger would come close. Think about it. How many times have we seen T'Challa holding back because of principleor hisown personal code? Now think about a T'Challa with no moral compunctions with his cunning, knowledge, skills and resources?

We've seen what an evil Hulk can do. We've seen what an evil Steve can do. Have we seen what an evil T'Challa can do? This would be our T'Challa's greatest villain.

I actually.... don't hate Storm and TChallas relationship. I dont feel it is one sided and TChalla is "simping" so much as he just shows his feelings more bare while Storm is more reserved. I do feel they are better not married though, but let's be honest here.

Any other superhero currently active cant fill the role of Queen. Monica Rambeu? The one who spends her days going to space for weeks and finding intergalactic threats? That's the same problem as Storm but with less hype and even less reason for her to be tied to earth. She was captain marvel, imagine if Carol married Namor or something. Just wouldn't work imo.

If TChalla were to have a long time partner itd have to be someone tied strongly to Wakanda, not someone who takes vacations to Hala/Knowhere once a month. Thats one of the main reasons Storm being married to him didn't work, amongst other things. I can't think of any character who fits that perfectly of the top, maybe just introduce a new character and solve that problem lol.

I dont like how they teased a new love interest and just killed her off anyway. That was pretty weak.
    Last edited by Toonstrack; 01-24-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I actually.... don't hate Storm and TChallas relationship. I dont feel it is one sided and TChalla is "simping" so much as he just shows his feelings more bare while Storm is more reserved. I do feel they are better not married though, but let's be honest here.

Any other superhero currently active cant fill the role of Queen. Monica Rambeu? The one who spends her days going to space for weeks and finding intergalactic threats? That's the same problem as Storm but with less hype and even less reason for her to be tied to earth. She was captain marvel, imagine if Carol married Namor or something. Just wouldn't work imo.

If TChalla were to have a long time partner itd have to be someone tied strongly to Wakanda, not someone who takes vacations to Hala/Knowhere once a month. Thats one of the main reasons Storm being married to him didn't work, amongst other things. I can't think of any character who fits that perfectly of the top, maybe just introduce a new character and solve that problem lol.

I dont like how they teased a new love interest and just killed her off anyway. That was pretty weak.
    There's Zanda or Malaika, both in house.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Supreme Squadron? Squadron Superior? The Imperialists?
    I like those, though I could also see Supreme Empire, Superior Empire, or Superior Squadron.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't think Killmonger would come close. Think about it. How many times have we seen T'Challa holding back because of principleor hisown personal code? Now think about a T'Challa with no moral compunctions with his cunning, knowledge, skills and resources?

We've seen what an evil Hulk can do. We've seen what an evil Steve can do. Have we seen what an evil T'Challa can do? This would be our T'Challa's greatest villain.
    I'm pretty sure you just described Victor Von Doom...