Page 618 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

People here denied it for years that they would bring in Namor.

And in hindsight I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Cause it makes sense to take a natural progression and not a leap into another world.

However, I think it was definitely Feige who wanted Namor. And to Feige's credit he knew they were going into the multiverse, they were bringing in some hitters. So he didnt want the stakes to seem "light" compared to the rest of the slate.

So Ryan is a slave to two masters (for lack of a better reference). He has to maintain the groundedness of the OG/progress the story and still give the spectacle to fit the rest of phase 4. Its why removing T'Challa lacks common sense. You're making a complicated issue even more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If you wanted to explore more of the "wolrd" of wakanda...

making this new chikc a Dora gone bad would world. Basically adopt Nakia/Malice.

It would also put Okoye as more of the star, since she would be the one that would have to deal with her most.

But, this whole "explore" the world of wakanda thing doens't work out if it is truly Namor as the villain. You have to explore Atlantis to some extent, which is going to eat time.

So Atlantis + T'hcalla resolution + new BP resolution alone is going to eat up so much time, that Wakanda is not going to be explored in any depth
    “Hopefully it won’t be terrible.”
    -Martin Freeman
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I really want to know what was the specific thing said that got Martin Freeman lost.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    “Hopefully it won’t be terrible.”
    -Martin Freeman
    People will still eat it up even if it's terrible or will try and not say anything negative as that would be deemed offensive considering the circumstances that this film was made in.

They're going to be filming a chase scene in Worcester soon so I guess we'll find out who's going to be the new BP if there is one
    https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/blac...-worcester-ma/

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    They're going to be filming a chase scene in Worcester soon so I guess we'll find out who's going to be the new BP if there is one
    Exploring more of the world of Wakanda!

In Massachusetts lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Exploring more of the world of Wakanda!

In Massachusetts lol
    So we got the UN, another chase scene, another mantle change? All these repeated beats..

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If it is Shuri I hope they dont Taskmaster it. Having somebody who clearly weighs a significant amount of weight more doing the stunts.

Also an issue that I had with the 1st movie.

Why not film more on-location stuff in Africa. Everything is either on a soundstage or Atlanta posing as Africa. We never get the number of beautiful images we could have. The entire 3rd act is better if they picked out a great spot in S.Africa to film the battle in.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Why not film more on-location stuff in Africa. Everything is either on a soundstage or Atlanta posing as Africa. We never get the number of beautiful images we could have. The entire 3rd act is better if they picked out a great spot in S.Africa to film the battle in.
    Money and harder to control the CGI on the characters themselves without the green screen.

Especially with covid, id imagine it is even harder to bounce between places/countries
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

This is all Marvel Studios. They wanted to keep just about everything in their in-house studio in Atlanta. I'm assuming to keep costs down and to cut down any potential problems that can occur in uncontrolled environments.

I seem to remember hearing Coogler did go location scouting in Africa and other places around the globe though.

Money and harder to control the CGI on the characters themselves without the green screen.

Especially with covid, id imagine it is even harder to bounce between places/countries
    Yea, but I'm kind of over that excuse.

Thor filming in Australia, Black Widow actually filmed in those places, THe Marvels is in London right now. They did get some sky angles filmed of Africa in BP1. However, Coogler wasnt there.

Just plan around it and film everything you need there for 2 to 3 weeks. Bring the green scene for certain things if need be. They plan for reshoots. Well plan for a real trip to get the photography to make your world seem real.

Incredible Member

So we got the UN, another chase scene, another mantle change? All these repeated beats..

There's chase scenes in a lot of MCU films. I know there's one in every Captain America.

But mantle change? I've must have missed that detail. Where did you hear that? So there's going to be a new BP who strips the title from the replacement BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    This is all Marvel Studios. They wanted to keep just about everything in their in-house studio in Atlanta. I'm assuming to keep costs down and to cut down any potential problems that can occur in uncontrolled environments.

I seem to remember hearing Coogler did go location scouting in Africa and other places around the globe though.
    Yea I know he did the scouting. However, the 1st movie, ironically, felt closed off. If you're going bigger for the sequel then get something that feel tangible. I love the Waterfall fight scenes, but there are times the background seems screensavery.

Obviously didnt have more money for the 1st one as the sequel. But using the 1st as an example for the sequel....Plan your big battle to be shot there, plan for T'Challa/Killmonger to actually see a real sunset, get certain background imagery for the waterfall scene.

Filming and planning can get it done. Its just...well..since T'Challa's not in it I'm not going to get worked up about as usual.