Page 929 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 429829879919925926927928929930931932933939979 ... LastLast
Results 13,921 to 13,935 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    No matter how I look at it, I hate the force push. The most logical way to use it is to purposely get beat up. It’s "suit makes the man" tropey nonsense. Throw it in the bushes.

If it were up to me, kinetic absorption wouldn’t require physical contact just close proximity and would only be a correlating physical boost. Martial arts and strategic thinking are T’Challa’s real weapons. Kinetic energy would scale with the opponent but a basic backhand should be enough for goon slam Gary and co.

Energy daggers would be "cashing in all his chips" so to speak. Lose the buffs and dump everything into the blades for a finishing move.
    Could make it so that every hit he dishes out charges the suit

TBH, i wanna know more about those suits the spys were wearing.

If they were 100% off the grid, it means T'challa had to make them himself with no input whatsoever.

they obviously aren't as strong as T'challa's suit or the grenade wouldn't have killed Jai. So what is it lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It seems to me that the more gadgets you give the habit, the less important the man inside is.

Less is more, in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It seems to me that the more gadgets you give the habit, the less important the man inside is.

Less is more, in this case.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T’Challa is dangerous without the suit but if energy absorbing is gonna be part of its kit, I’d rather it allow him to do what he was already gonna do but to a larger pool of opponents. In truth I’ve kinda soured on tech and bast both.

If T’Challa could get a power up unbeholden to Bast (stingy ambivalent god) or tech (now implied to be a courtesy of the shuri development lab) that would be ideal. A base level that lets him fight whoever he wants without getting the side eye. Strategy only gets him so far before a writer will need to bring in somebody to carry out T’challa’s plans for him. (Black bolt, Monica, storm, etc). Having others be part of your plan is all well and good but I’d always want him to have active role in his stratagems

I’m not a power level geek but just a higher base. He can still punch above his weight class if need be. I don’t even know what shadow physics did lol
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 12-02-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Atleast in the Comics, they haven't made it so that Shuri is responsible for anything outside of her own gadgets really. T'Challa is still given credit for his own gear and stuff we see popping up. He still has the feat of advancing Wakanda.

Honestly the HSH is good enough, bast doesn't really do anything and the HSH isnt tied to her either atleast in the sense that if something happened to her, T'Challa wont lose his power. This is also why I said in my previous post, that it's VERY important for writer's to establish a power scale, and try not to veer too far from it.

By default, when it comes into fights T'Challa should be relying mainly on his mind, natural acrobat and Martial arts prowess. Depending on how powerful the threat is, results in what tech is used. Goons and peak humans catch hands and claws(also daggers set to stun). Enhanced and superhumans get the claws and Daggers (when set to lethal), class 100+ strength and greater catch the force push, as well as large groups of enemies.

Force push should be NASTY, regular and peak humans will get killed by it of he isn't careful only enhanced and above (when not used as a crowd control effect) can survive a direct Force push without death. Because of that it's reserved for bigger threats and large groups. This is how you prevent overlapping and redundancy because the tech serves a purpose depending on the threat.

Again, that's not to say that T'Challa won't use claw's on someone like Black Dwarf or hulk, but priority would be using the force push to enhance his strikes or movement over trying to hit them with non-augmented strikes
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-02-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Yeah ezyo1000, you right. Seeing that Aaron’s multiverse killmonger conquered wakanda and Asgard had my mind racing tho lol and I don’t want to see doom beating the breaks off T’Challa again.

Also Ridley’s Issue 1 getting a second print bodes well

Astonishing Member

That’s actually really good news. Happy for the creative team and what looks to be an exciting new era for the Black Panther. But it’s important to remember #1s always perform extremely well so the real key is seeing how #5 does to see if this series actually has legs.

Yeah ezyo1000, you right. Seeing that Aaron’s multiverse killmonger conquered wakanda and Asgard had my mind racing tho lol and I don’t want to see doom beating the breaks off T’Challa again.

Yikes that multiverse Killmonger. Hoping T’Challa pulls through against him.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I can’t be the only BP fan that wants T’Challa and Namor to be friends with a healthy rivalry and camaraderie. These are fictional characters and comics go on forever. Everyone got put through a meat grinder under Hickman. I’m not saying for them to forget the past because that doesn’t make any narrative sense but for a writer to use that past to tell an even more compelling story about understanding and reconciliation. Also I like Namor and I’ll be cheering him on in that Wakanda forever movie.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 12-02-2021 at 02:25 PM.

This is goof but #1s always do well I just hope the drop off between this issue and #2 & #3 aren't too big.

I can’t be the only BP fan that wants T’Challa and Namor to be friends with a healthy rivalry and camaraderie. These are fictional characters and comics go on forever. Everyone got put through a meat grinder under Hickman. I’m not saying for them to forget the past because that doesn’t make any narrative sense but for a writer to use that past to tell an even more compelling story about understanding and reconciliation. Also I like Namor and I’ll be cheering him on in that Wakanda forever movie.
    I’ve always wanted them to bury the hatchet. Granted that’s hard to do considering the **** they did to one another isn’t really something you can just hug it out over. Lol. But hopefully after all this they can at the very least have a good working relationship.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

It would take A LOT... on Namors end... to make it make sense though.

Like apologizing and taking responsibility... which is something Namor never does. Begging for forgiveness type of thing.

And... IMHO... there needs to be some sort of sacrifice. Like, bad guy army is coming for Wakanda, Wakanda is probably low key screwed but is going to go out fighting, and Namor shows up with his atlantis army on some Movie Helm's Deep type of thing with an "i've come to honor an alliance forged long ago" type of ****.

AND... namor has to get close to sacrificing himself to save Wakandans... only to be saved by Shuri on some "we don't leave our own to die" type trip. And, as much as I can't stand the character right now, it has to be Shuri. Shuri was the ruler Namor has shown absolutely zero respect for from the word go and Shuri is the one Namor screwed lol. BP franchise needs both t'challa and shuri to accept Namor again, otherwise you are just having another built in "tchalla's makign bad decisions again" type fo story lol

Like I said... A LOT on Namors end. It would take some work and dedication by someone at marvel that cares (but cares more about T'challa). It can't be some Hickman off panel crap.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-02-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Incredible Member

Wait what?
    What issue did this happen The killmonger thing