Page 293 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Just because one writer didn't do it right, it doesn't mean others won't. It's not "either_or"
    The only thing their useful for is filler panels. Read Gillis' four part miniseries. The tribal council removes Tchalla from power. They get used throughout the story as filler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It isn't about one writer. It is a narrative dead end.

Do you want every story interrupted with a trip back to the parliament or council to debate the heroes actions before he does it?

Aaron had a council of realms or whatever in his run. And "all mothers" of Asguardia. Guess who is the rule/all father now?

They tried a democratic approach to Inhumans with New Attilian. Guess who they still focused on? the Royal Family.

These stories never go anywhere because there is very little you can do with them before the council/parliament/whatever is just in the way of the story they want to tell. The parliament is always side characters and not the main hero. So, Then they just disgard it and act like it never existed when convenient. And if that i what they are going to do.... what is the point of wasting a year with the middle man?
    The Constitutional Council hasn’t been referenced since 2017 under Coates. And I highly doubt it gets brought up again by the next writer as all signs seem to indicate we’re getting an MCU-heavy BP run that’ll erase a lot of the “progress” Coates tried to introduce. Assuming Marvel doesn’t try and have a successor to Coates that wants to follow his direction. I’m expecting a Tribal Council next time we see a discussion about the Wakandan legislative branch, with the CC existing as an unmentioned secondary body completely irrelevant to the BP narrative.

That said, the general idea of there being a strong legislative branch in Wakanda is interesting, but I don’t think T’Challa should be taking orders from his council. They can be scheming in the background on behalf of their tribes and all that which can drive a complex story but I don’t need to see T’Challa complaining about not having enough votes to go on a mission to Lagos. That’s wasted panel time and doesn’t really add anything to the story. The council works as a divided and often incompetent body that creates new story opportunities, not the real rulers of Wakanda.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-20-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Changamire probably hit hte books EXTRA hard the year after T'chaka took his girl

Gonna pay T'chaka back at the yearly Academic Debate! Take the Throne from him via facts, figures, and graphs!
    LOL.

Seriously though, I can imagine seeing challenge day consisting of T'Challa debating about how he's going to balance the budget, take care of the jabari issue, where they are at in their fiscal year for spending etc as kinda a joke comic manga style, where the facts, PowerPoints, etc are done in a dramatic way and the challengers are injured by the power of T'Challas airtight campaigning strategy

Do you want every story interrupted with a trip back to the parliament or council to debate the heroes actions before he does it?

Aaron had a council of realms or whatever in his run. And "all mothers" of Asguardia. Guess who is the rule/all father now?

They tried a democratic approach to Inhumans with New Attilian. Guess who they still focused on? the Royal Family.

These stories never go anywhere because there is very little you can do with them before the council/parliament/whatever is just in the way of the story they want to tell. The parliament is always side characters and not the main hero. So, Then they just disgard it and act like it never existed when convenient. And if that i what they are going to do.... what is the point of wasting a year with the middle man?
    Honestly these types of things don't work for superhero comics that appear in monthly spreads. Manga that are weekly work better for it because you can focus time to such things without detailing the story much, but when your publishing a new issue every month and your story can potentially be cancelled very quickly, those parliament debates are now a hindrance. Plus most people don't give too much of a isht to know the daily goings of government, it's boring and tedious. That's why Priest, and Hudlin did that stuff very quickly, like a few pages to it, Because one cares about the side Characters Involved, and we only need limited Information regrading how this stuff works, not a full season dedicated to it like Coates (poorly) did

Ultimate Member

Did I say any of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The only thing their useful for is filler panels. Read Gillis' four part miniseries. The tribal council removes Tchalla from power. They get used throughout the story as filler.
    I liked the use of the council in that mini.

About the only time the council had any teeth... but still limited in his scope.

The challenged his fitness to rule essentially, he took the challenge and it was pass or fail.

Once they believed he passed, they gave the throne back.

I don't need stories where T'challa is challenged for every little decision he makes by people like Chang lol. I like my T'challa like KiB... shows up, makes boss moves and boss decisions. I don't need "well actually...." in the background lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m expecting a Tribal Council next time we see a discussion about the Wakandan legislative branch, with the CC existing as an unmentioned secondary body completely irrelevant to the BP narrative.
    That's pretty much what its always been outside rare exceptions like Gillis mini.

Even in the movie... just somethign you throw in and then T'challa does whatever the hell he wants anyway

Unless you are going to dive really hard into the political aspects of Wakanda... like really really dive in GoT style... it doesn't serve much of a point. And other times Marvel has mentioned "GoT" style stuff was with Inhumans, which didn't come close lol (and i like the inhumans but it was no political chess match type stuff).

I honestly think the Tribal Council should mostly be religious based... filled with people like Mendinao (aka mcu zuri) and other devout followers of Bast.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'd there is any place where the tribal council can be explored, do it in the Wakanda D+ series only way it can be done correctly. In a 2+ hour movie that's a waste of screen time

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'd there is any place where the tribal council can be explored, do it in the Wakanda D+ series only way it can be done correctly.
    Yes. Make each season 20 episodes, and each episode 2 hours. We'll get into the nitty gritty of Wakandan politics. Each ep will end with one member slightly but firmly raising their voice about an issue, letting you know he (or she) means business.

This reminds me I wish we had gotten to see a little more Wakandan politics in Panther's Quest. Like internal politics more than T'Challa having to deal with Attuma or the Inhumans. I think the most we see of it is Shuri bringing up the tribal council (or something like that) having concerns after T'Challa became the Avengers' Public Enemy Number 1.

Really, I wish we had gotten a lot more Wakanda in that show.

Astonishing Member

That's pretty much what its always been outside rare exceptions like Gillis mini.

Even in the movie... just somethign you throw in and then T'challa does whatever the hell he wants anyway

Unless you are going to dive really hard into the political aspects of Wakanda... like really really dive in GoT style... it doesn't serve much of a point. And other times Marvel has mentioned "GoT" style stuff was with Inhumans, which didn't come close lol (and i like the inhumans but it was no political chess match type stuff).

I honestly think the Tribal Council should mostly be religious based... filled with people like Mendinao (aka mcu zuri) and other devout followers of Bast.
    Yea organizations and agencies in most fiction, but especially comics, exist to be hotbeds of corruption, incompetence, and conspiracy for the hero to struggle with or destroy. Often that hero exists within that system of authority (but on the lower rungs) or outside of it and in T’Challa’s case he should operate above the council powerwise since he’s king. The movie, Priest, and Gillis get it right. Politicking is cool and all but it can create unnecessary red tape for T’Challa if every decision he makes needs to be filtered through a council that can order him around. The Tribal Council as largely incompetent and small-minded naysayers who occasionally cause more trouble than they’re worth is a perfect way for it to function, adds worldbuilding but streamlines the story and gives T’Challa agency.

Speaking of GOT I prefer the Tribal Council to act more as a small council for the king, powerful advisors from each of the tribes that represent different elements of Wakandan administration. The creators of the movie were the only people who actually thought to outline all the major tribes in Wakanda lol so Marvel could just port in that system (Golden, Merchant, Border, River, Mining, Jabari). The Golden Tribe handles the Panther Cult and general administration (educators, diplomats, etc.), Merchants are your bankers and manufacturing management, Border handles security/animal grazing, River Tribe is about farming, lumber, and other water-related industry, Mining deals with resource extraction (the most important of which is obviously vibranium) and heavy industry, and Jabari are just the angry traditionalists that have their lifestyle subsidized by the other tribes and no one tries to complain about it lol.

Obviously this isn’t a caste system so a Mining Tribesman could own a farm and a River tribeswoman could be in the militia but most people in Wakanda just wanna do what their ancestors did. So each tribe sends a representative (often an elder) to advise the king on matters relating to their tribe’s specialty while also representing the tribe at large on various matters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me I wish we had gotten to see a little more Wakandan politics in Panther's Quest. Like internal politics more than T'Challa having to deal with Attuma or the Inhumans. I think the most we see of it is Shuri bringing up the tribal council (or something like that) having concerns after T'Challa became the Avengers' Public Enemy Number 1.

I agree, I’m sure Redjack would’ve knocked it out the park if he wanted to hone in on more domestic Wakandan stuff. He already had a great handle on the lore and brought some great new ideas to the table, but it would’ve been nice to see a bit more of Wakandan politics and factions. That’s a side of the mythos ripe with story possibilities for T’Challa as we’ve seen in the comics.

But I did really appreciate his overall approach to BP as a Doc Savage global adventurer-type like he was depicted under Kirby. And I think it created natural opportunities to have him work with the Avengers, who were meant to be a huge part of the season. So I don’t hold it against the show because the direction they went in more than worked for me. What I really want to see is more BP animation in general so we can get more content with dude. I hope Feige having control of the animation division means we get more cartoons, which ideally aren’t 100% beholden to what happens in the movies. Marvel has the characters and money to hire people that can make a Marvel equivalent to Young Justice spread across multiple series. If only animation were more profitable I guess lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That would have been cool to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I agree, I’m sure Redjack would’ve knocked it out the park if he wanted to hone in on more domestic Wakandan stuff. He already had a great handle on the lore and brought some great new ideas to the table, but it would’ve been nice to see a bit more of Wakandan politics and factions. That’s a side of the mythos ripe with story possibilities for T’Challa as we’ve seen in the comics.

But I did really appreciate his overall approach to BP as a Doc Savage global adventurer-type like he was depicted under Kirby. And I think it created natural opportunities to have him work with the Avengers, who were meant to be a huge part of the season. So I don’t hold it against the show because the direction they went in more than worked for me. What I really want to see is more BP animation in general so we can get more content with dude. I hope Feige having control of the animation division means we get more cartoons, which ideally aren’t 100% beholden to what happens in the movies. Marvel has the characters and money to hire people that can make a Marvel equivalent to Young Justice spread across multiple series. If only animation were more profitable I guess lol.
    That also would be very cool to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Idk why people think T'Challa would be second guessed about every decision