Page 745 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 245645695735741742743744745746747748749755795845 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 15079

What are you guys thoughts on the What If episode. I felt it fleshed out what I think was a better plan for Killmonger. Yes, there would still have to be a lot of things working to make this scenario happen. I still think it was just fun.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It was a decent one and done read.
    Empire Wakanda helped in a big way to eradicate the Mindless Ones and win further recognition in the Galactic Council and the MU. Issue solved

A pretty good showing of powers and co-operation.

I don't know if Narcisse got the memo about Storm and T'Challa, the writing there was a little cheesy but it's "whatever" at this point. I'll wait to see how Ewing and Ridley write them (if they ever do) to form a more definitive opinion on that romance.

So...Eden and Shuri...I like it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    People love to justify villains they like.

People justify Loki slaughtering people because Odin..... rescued him and raised him as a prince but lied to him about it and yelled at him? like... wut lol?

Killmongers first appearance on screen saw a bunch of museum workers dead on the ground. But it is ok because "muh oppression white people bad"

Dudes just a Hotep that is good at killing.

Great villain though lol
    I'll still take both those examples over "Its ok Zemo killed a head of state cause, well, sick dance moves."

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It was a decent one and done read.
    Empire Wakanda helped in a big way to eradicate the Mindless Ones and win further recognition in the Galactic Council and the MU. Issue solved

A pretty good showing of powers and co-operation.

I don't know if Narcisse got the memo about Storm and T'Challa, the writing there was a little cheesy but it's "whatever" at this point. I'll wait to see how Ewing and Ridley write them (if they ever do) to form a more definitive opinion on that romance.

So...Eden and Shuri...I like it.
    Ugh, that relationship still came out of freaking nowhere for me.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Funny how just 2 words "my love", made me despise the whole issue.

If Ridley's T'challa feels like a continuation of Coates, I will truly know that the franchise isn't for me.

Incredible Member

The Storm and Tchalla thing will always be a thing so I'm just gonna enjoy It for what it is. The issue was action packed and enjoyable

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It's not a relationship...yet.
    There is mutual interest but he really hasn't taken her on an actual date, apparently, going by their banter.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Dude that relationship is so cringey and hamfisted and just completely dumb. Just Coates sliding x characters onto the BP mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude that relationship is so cringey and hamfisted and just completely dumb. Just Coates sliding x characters onto the BP mythos
    I know, just create a new love interest for her if you really want her to have a boyfriend so badly. I hope that’s one of many things from the Coates era that Ridley leaves behind. I’m
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    The Storm and Tchalla thing will always be a thing so I'm just gonna enjoy It for what it is. The issue was action packed and enjoyable
    it was a great issue and even better to see the new writer is continuing Coates' work including the relationship. I WIN!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Nothing wrong with Shuri and manifold potentially dating y'all just hate it because it's a Coates creation that's petty and goofy..imo they would make a cute young couple. adding characters to one mythos is pretty common...

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Shuri and manifold potentially dating y'all just hate it because it's a Coates creation that's petty and goofy..imo they would make a cute young couple. adding characters to one mythos is pretty common...
    No, it's hated because it makes absolutely zero sense. T'Challa and Eden prior to to Coates era, never worked together let alone even talked to each other. And then Coates has Eden not only on Wakanda working with him out of nowhere, but then makes eden integral to saving Wakanda and dating Shuri. And Incase you forgot Shuri did have a Existing LI.

It's a hamfisted add-on that Coates didn't bother to put in any effort into or explanation

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was a great issue and even better to see the new writer is continuing Coates' work including the relationship. I WIN!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This what if really showed how much of a hero T'challa really is.

Which makes it all the more baffling and painful they decided to not recast.

Tchalla was really about to "make it."

And now the franchise is dead instead.

Oh well.
    Just crazy man. Im really hoping they are paying attention to the social media reaction and that people still really respond to T'Challa. Shuri just doesnt have the same spark as T'Challa.

The movie is the movie. However, I'm hoping when the reshoots role around they find a way to squeeze in that he's alive.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    yasssssssssss!!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!