Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
Not 100% sure what you mean but editorial obviously forced Okoye's re-emergence and Shuri's change on the comic people.

They don't 100% synergize at all, but they seem to like some (superficial) similarities between the two. For whatever reason. I don't understand it at this point lol

I mean I don't get what is so hard about this. It's like when marvel decides to push a character that's not Cap, Thor, Tony, spiderman, or wolverine, they for some reason decide to frak it up.

Just look at how well received panther quest was. Look how well received (for the most part) hickman's new avengers was before plot completely took the wheel. Look at JA Avengers, look at BP king in Black. Ewing's ultimates before it got derailed by Galactus. Shockingly, people like when the Character has been writing consistently and is shown to be competent and not being overshadowed by their supporting cast, or out of franchise Characters.

As for synergy. The only things that need to be taken from the movie are: Okoye, Shuri, the habit design, dragon flyers and the Royal talon. Everything else needs to stay comic accurate. And I only say Shuri Because it's an actual role for her. Apparently Proxima hit Shuri so hard she went through a metamorphosis... Twice in under 3 years lol