Page 304 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404804 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not 100% sure what you mean but editorial obviously forced Okoye's re-emergence and Shuri's change on the comic people.

They don't 100% synergize at all, but they seem to like some (superficial) similarities between the two. For whatever reason. I don't understand it at this point lol

I mean I don't get what is so hard about this. It's like when marvel decides to push a character that's not Cap, Thor, Tony, spiderman, or wolverine, they for some reason decide to frak it up.

Just look at how well received panther quest was. Look how well received (for the most part) hickman's new avengers was before plot completely took the wheel. Look at JA Avengers, look at BP king in Black. Ewing's ultimates before it got derailed by Galactus. Shockingly, people like when the Character has been writing consistently and is shown to be competent and not being overshadowed by their supporting cast, or out of franchise Characters.

As for synergy. The only things that need to be taken from the movie are: Okoye, Shuri, the habit design, dragon flyers and the Royal talon. Everything else needs to stay comic accurate. And I only say Shuri Because it's an actual role for her. Apparently Proxima hit Shuri so hard she went through a metamorphosis... Twice in under 3 years lol

Ah yes secret invasion

1210334-for_wakanda.2.jpg

Then proceeds to start chopping off heads

da20884918400a302d3edaf3412c01cf.jpg

This one is a fav just because it shows the difference between Tchalla as a ruler vsA King/dictator that ppl who approach wakandan rule with a 'realistic' westernized idea of what a dictatorship actually should look like in a fictional world. Tchalla loves his ppl.

But will backhand a Barry or two for line steppin

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's only because the movies were delayed, tho.
    Oh, never mind then. Maybe they really are waiting a year before a new BP comic lol. I still expect February 2022 but who knows what Marvel’s got planned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean I don't get what is so hard about this. It's like when marvel decides to push a character that's not Cap, Thor, Tony, spiderman, or wolverine, they for some reason decide to frak it up.

Just look at how well received panther quest was. Look how well received (for the most part) hickman's new avengers was before plot completely took the wheel. Look at JA Avengers, look at BP king in Black. Ewing's ultimates before it got derailed by Galactus. Shockingly, people like when the Character has been writing consistently and is shown to be competent and not being overshadowed by their supporting cast, or out of franchise Characters.

As for synergy. The only things that need to be taken from the movie are: Okoye, Shuri, the habit design, dragon flyers and the Royal talon. Everything else needs to stay comic accurate. And I only say Shuri Because it's an actual role for her. Apparently Proxima hit Shuri so hard she went through a metamorphosis... Twice in under 3 years lol
    I like the tribal system the MCU introduced too, I’d like to see that rolled into the comics. And hopefully the James Bond stuff they were doing in the first part leads to a revival of the Priest-era take on T’Challa and the types of adventures he goes on. I’d prefer they import the CW suit and add the kinetic powers to that than take the BP movie suit.

But yea the military hardware and supporting cast should definitely be incorporated into the comics with a few adjustments. Sassy Okoye, smart Shuri, and frenemy M’Baku are all good directions. I want to see someone revamp W’Kabi, add in Kasper Cole, and develop a non-Storm love interest and I’d be all in on the comic world of Wakanda.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I like the tribal system the MCU introduced too, I’d like to see that rolled into the comics. And hopefully the James Bond stuff they were doing in the first part leads to a revival of the Priest-era take on T’Challa and the types of adventures he goes on. I’d prefer they import the CW suit and add the kinetic powers to that than take the BP movie suit.

But yea the military hardware and supporting cast should definitely be incorporated into the comics with a few adjustments. Sassy Okoye, smart Shuri, and frenemy M’Baku are all good directions. I want to see someone revamp W’Kabi, add in Kasper Cole, and develop a non-Storm love interest and I’d be all in on the comic world of Wakanda.
    What's the point of romance in these comics if they're never permanent though?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What's the point of romance in these comics if they're never permanent though?
    Romance when done well can elevate a main character by showing different aspects of their personality and helping develop concepts like their values and aspirations. Romance is a natural part of human existence and even if T’Challa is gonna probably be an eternal bachelor due to editorial constraints, it adds texture to him as a character to be involved with a woman(s) who helps the audience explore his mind in new ways. It also creates many interesting story opportunities depending on what they bring to the table.

It’s far from a priority as far as BP is concerned since I think there are other things a comic writer needs to focus on. But if we’re thinking about a comprehensive world of Wakanda with King T’Challa at the center of it all, it’s not unreasonable to expect a potential queen somewhere in the picture.

Ultimate Member

Romance when done well can elevate a main character by showing different aspects of their personality and helping develop concepts like their values and aspirations. Romance is a natural part of human existence and even if T’Challa is gonna probably be an eternal bachelor due to editorial constraints, it adds texture to him as a character to be involved with a woman(s) who helps the audience explore his mind in new ways. It also creates many interesting story opportunities depending on what they bring to the table.

It’s far from a priority as far as BP is concerned since I think there are other things a comic writer needs to focus on. But if we’re thinking about a comprehensive world of Wakanda with King T’Challa at the center of it all, it’s not unreasonable to expect a potential queen somewhere in the picture.
    IMO the constant romance and break up stuff is nauseating at best. I'd like for him and others to be in permanent relationships00, or just be alone and say 'I don't need romance to be fulfilled.' Not this stereotypically adolescent nonsense.

And what does he need a queen for? Do I really care about that business when I want to see him actually doing stuff?

Astonishing Member

IMO the constant romance and break up stuff is nauseating at best. I'd like for him and others to be in permanent relationships00, or just be alone and say 'I don't need romance to be fulfilled.' Not this stereotypically adolescent nonsense.

And what does he need a queen for? Do I really care about that business when I want to see him actually doing stuff?
    Trust me, other BP fans have been saying this for years lol. Stability in a franchise is key. I said “potential queen”, T’Challa should have a woman in his life that is developed enough to the point that they could get married if editorial allowed them. But since they won’t and personally I don’t need T’Challa to be married either, it’s not a big deal.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-22-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Trust me, other BP fans have been saying this for years lol. I said “potential queen”, T’Challa should have a woman in his life that is developed enough to the point that if they wanted they could get married, even if editorial for whatever reason won’t allow them.
    Admittedly I'm not personally interested in romance, so I'm not bothered if he or any one else is alone, especially considering comics never seem to actually progress.

But if he has a romance, IMO he should just have one lifelong, stable, non-toxic relationship with a fully developed female character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I work at the post office and it's the worst it's ever been in history at the moment
    Hopefully Beeotch boy Dejoy will be shown the door sooner rather than later.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Tribal system works too. Honestly I found the CW habit to be too busy, and too militaristic for my tastes, I actually really like the simple yet we'll designed version on the BP movie mainly because when drawing it, it's not a B***h to do lol.

This again kinda falls into the Comics need to take a look at what Redjack did and follow it. He had some really solid things. There's only a few things I would want from the MCU bit the stuff you mentioned is cool and would be done with overall

Admittedly I'm not personally interested in romance, so I'm not bothered if he or any one else is alone, especially considering comics never seem to actually progress.

But if he has a romance, IMO he should just have one lifelong, stable, non-toxic relationship with a fully developed female character.
    It doesn't even have to be a full-blown serious relationship with declarations of eternal love or some ish. How I would do it would be to introduce a character, and have them go on missions with him oVer a span of 2-3 years or so, developing the relationship naturally. We learn about the character, and how she interacts with T'Challa. She can be Wakandan or not, it doesn't matter, but she WOULD be franchise controlled. She is more then capable of taking care of herself (i would possibly just make her powered most likely) and doesn't need to be saved by him constantly, they would be assets to each other and when working together are a deadly combo.

After the 2-3 year time frame, I would have them get together and be stable. The Character would be almost kinda like MCU Nakia where she can be frank with him, and was maybe working with him for a specific ongoing plot and when it's time to leave she stays with him instead, partly because she enjoys the adventure associated with him and because she is drawn to him.

Ot would not be the top priority, but more of a slow burn that actually goes somewhere. Kinda like how Coates teased with nuNakia then just dropped that isht and wasted everyone's time

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It doesn't even have to be a full-blown serious relationship with declarations of eternal love or some ish. How I would do it would be to introduce a character, and have them go on missions with him oVer a span of 2-3 years or so, developing the relationship naturally. We learn about the character, and how she interacts with T'Challa. She can be Wakandan or not, it doesn't matter, but she WOULD be franchise controlled. She is more then capable of taking care of herself (i would possibly just make her powered most likely) and doesn't need to be saved by him constantly, they would be assets to each other and when working together are a deadly combo.

After the 2-3 year time frame, I would have them get together and be stable. The Character would be almost kinda like MCU Nakia where she can be frank with him, and was maybe working with him for a specific ongoing plot and when it's time to leave she stays with him instead, partly because she enjoys the adventure associated with him and because she is drawn to him.

Ot would not be the top priority, but more of a slow burn that actually goes somewhere. Kinda like how Coates teased with nuNakia then just dropped that isht and wasted everyone's time
    I see what you mean, although IMO Nakia wasn't interesting enough. His love interest should be a fully realized character and not just a "girlfriend."

I fear it might be too late in T'Challa's history to suddenly give him a new romantic partner to develop over the next few years. Not impossible, maybe, but unlikely, if that makes sense. I'm not bothered if he doesn't, but if he does, the comics need to actually commit to it. If the romance doesn't go anywhere, I'm not sure what would be the point

I wonder why they never considered pairing him up with a female Avenger.