Page 621 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631671721 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ulterior motives makes me hopeful
    Not me-if this is more chumping-I will DUMP this book.

How many times are we going to keep seeing this mess? Followed by usual suspects running in here to lecture?

Just make this an X-book and call it a day. Since it can't stay away from them.

idon't have the energy to worry about it til December though lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not me-if this is more chumping-I will DUMP this book.

How many times are we going to keep seeing this mess? Followed by usual suspects running in here to lecture?

Just make this an X-book and call it a day. Since it can't stay away from them.
    It's funny in a not so funny way how they just insist on keeping these two in the same orbit.

This is some Real Housewives of KraKoa isht.

As a panther fan, the worst outcome is usually the most likely outcome.

Oh look wakandan's have lost faith in t'challa again. It must be tuesday
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 07-22-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Been rewatching Earths mightiest heroes. T’Challa was really well done in this show.
    EMH T'Challa is probably the second best adaption of him after AA/BP's Quest since he got to be a lead in AA with BP's Quest being the closest that we'll get to a proper BP animated series but EMH did the best job at showing off his abilities out of all his adaptions.

Seeing Hunter again is exciting but I could do without Storm.

Astonishing Member

Shuri figuring out who is behind it instead of T'challa makes me unhopeful lol

The identity of the person attacking the agents seem like a relatively small issue, if it's handled well I don't think it's a problem for a qualified warrior/scientist like Shuri to figure it out. I do find it interesting she finds out who did it "back home", is the person coordinating these attacks Wakandan?

T'Challa meeting with one of the leaders of arguably the most powerful nations on Earth seems like the bigger story beat that has greater implications on the direction of the run. Plus uncovering who's attacking the agents isn't as important as actually creating a plan to take them down, which I imagine T'Challa would play a more active role in. My prediction is during the investigation T'Challa somehow finds something that relates to the mutants and takes a quick detour to see what's up while preparing to steal some kind of tech or info he needs to take down an even bigger threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The best thing that could happen is that one of the Arakki or mutants on Mars is one of T'Challa's sleeper agents. That would be coldly delightful
    We do see Gentle on the cover, maybe T'Challa reached out to him and he's been providing info on the low. He was Storm's protege after all, maybe he's acting as one of her bodyguards/advisers/confidants on Mars and he's got insider knowledge about mutant activity.

The Arraki just got to our dimension but it'd be dope to reveal T'Challa's been working with one of them. There's a fantastic opportunity to show that while the mutants are at the top of their game T'Challa's been proactive as well and isn't just twiddling his thumbs while they gain power.

Lord we just got done with Wakanda's faith in him being broken we don't need this again.

Ulterior motives makes me hopeful

Running low on hope with anything BP related these days.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This better be revenge for that bullshit x of swords issue. It’s high time ororo knows what it’s like to be played.
    If this happens it will probably be done in a way that makes T'Challa look bad and Storm the victim just like how every time their failed relationship gets brought up it's T'Challa's fault that it didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    We do see Gentle on the cover, maybe T'Challa reached out to him and he's been providing info on the low. He was Storm's protege after all, maybe he's acting as one of her bodyguards/advisers/confidants on Mars and he's got insider knowledge about mutant activity.

The Arraki just got to our dimension but it'd be dope to reveal T'Challa's been working with one of them. There's a fantastic opportunity to show that while the mutants are at the top of their game T'Challa's been proactive as well and isn't just twiddling his thumbs while they gain power.
    That would be a T'Challa move right there. That's why he didn't mind giving up the sword because he had a sleeper Arakko agent long before they revealed themselves to the X-Men.

That's really the only circumstance where I can see myself continuing to read the book. If this is T'Challa pulling a Marauders #13 on Storm, stealing something valuable from Krakoa or whatever for his mission then cool. It plays similarly to how Thorne used her in the KIB tie-in, she's supplemental to his story and a representation of how he puts Wakanda before himself and any woman in his life.

But if this is T'Challa crying and begging Storm to take him back or putting himself in a politically volatile position just to be with her I'll seriously consider dropping the run. That type of **** should stay with the failed Coates run. We need a T'Challa that's proactive, self-sacrificial, and focused.
    I mean, the solicits say its not a happy reunion as T'Challa has ulterior motives. That leads me to believe that he isn't trying to get back together with her. I think Ridley has enough sense to know not to try and get T'Challa back together with Storm.

I see this more as a reverse mauradurs situation until I'm shown otherwise

Well, I didn't see that coming.

Wonder if he will be white or not
    That was my exact first thought lol, I think it can go great either way. I still think Hunter would make for an awesome Rogue for T’Challa if they reworked him a bit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If t'challa is there to steal something, he wouldn't be so sloppy as to be caught

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If this happens it will probably be done in a way that makes T'Challa look bad and Storm the victim just like how every time their failed relationship gets brought up it's T'Challa's fault that it didn't work out.
    I don't care if T'Challa looks bad, I care that he has agency and makes decisions that prioritize Wakanda. So if he speaks a little frankly towards the X-Men and Storm so be it, everyone was quick to justify Storm doing what she did in XOS "for her people", it'd be nice to see T'Challa be put in similar situations.

We know the usual suspects will rage anyway because they just hate the character. Unless T'Challa's down on his knees praying to Storm and the X-Men some fans will never be happy and that's ok, I expect that in this fandom because of who they are. I'm just sick of tired, safe T'Challa. He should be the type of character that riles people up and looks like an ******* every now and then. That's assuming that's what the issue will be. If it isn't the run gets dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That would be a T'Challa move right there. That's why he didn't mind giving up the sword because he had a sleeper Arakko agent long before they revealed themselves to the X-Men.
    I'd be down for it, definitely a retcon though lol. If they revealed Wakanda had some ancient ties with Arakko that'd be really interesting. Now that I think about it, what if T'Challa is going there to save a Wakandan agent on Krakoa/Mars?

It's one thing for an agent in Colombia or Uzbekistan to get offed, but a spy on Krakoa/Mars? Those are harder to replace and would almost certainly be noticed. If he wants to be aware of mutant business it would definitely be in his interest to make sure that agent doesn't get got. Maybe his meeting with Storm is just a cover to save Gentle or some Arakko mutant.

Yeah, that solicit makes me unlikely to pick up the book. Once again, T'Challa needs help to get isht done.

And the only other BP project is literally Rise of the Black Panther 2.0, once again written by someone who has never written a comic.

Sorry, my brothers, but I'm done. I might be back when real movie news drops.

I don't care if T'Challa looks bad, I care that he has agency and makes decisions that prioritize Wakanda. So if he speaks a little frankly towards the X-Men and Storm so be it, everyone was quick to justify Storm doing what she did in XOS "for her people", it'd be nice to see T'Challa be put in similar situations.

We know the usual suspects will rage anyway because they just hate the character. Unless T'Challa's down on his knees praying to Storm and the X-Men some fans will never be happy and that's ok, I expect that in this fandom because of who they are. I'm just sick of tired, safe T'Challa. He should be the type of character that riles people up and looks like an ******* every now and then. That's assuming that's what the issue will be. If it isn't the run gets dropped.

But why drop the run because of just one thing? That’s why we can’t consistently get BP books. The loyal fans he does have are dropping runs without giving things time to develop.