Page 161 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261661 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Who does this dude have dirt on lol?

How many scripts as he written to jump up to SUPERMAN?

Lawd have mercy.

Dude bout to write a black superman and strip the super from him. He's got to chance to write a black version of the most powerful superhero out there.... This is gonna be hilarious. I'm all in, just get him away from T'challa lol.
    WB has wanted a black Superman for YEARS even going after Will Smith for it.

Something has happened to make you take this big of a risk when you have John Ridley, Reginald Hudlin and Kevin Grevioux already there.
    If you got Coates who else are they baiting the hook to get? They just got Vita for Static's book.

They have a black Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aqua(Lad), (Kid)Flash/Flash and Superman-anyone else smells Black JLA?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I'm happy The Brotha is winning lol but his BP is well hit or miss
    this is refreshing to see. he deserves all the success he has achieved. to his BP it has been all a big hit to me lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Someone at DC must truly hate Superman to give him Coates lol. I truthfully don’t care for Calvin or Val-Zod like that, can’t say I’ll be too interested if it’s not Henry Cavill Superman or at least a continuation of his version via recast. But as long as we got Superman and Lois (which was pretty damn good) I’ll be fine with whatever direction they go in for the movies. Hopefully when Coates messes up Superman DC Comics proper doesn’t try and import any of his issues due to synergy.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is refreshing to see. he deserves all the success he has achieved. to his BP it has been all a big hit to me lol
    Thing is whether its hit or miss its good to see black people have real growth.

Geoff Johns is considered a DC Legend in comics and he was terrible in regards to film writing. Another DC Legend Frank Miller was terrible on his film he directed It is an inexact science. Its very possible that Coates writing translates very well on screen with a director to capture his vision for everyone to enjoy.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 02-26-2021 at 12:27 PM.

All I have to say is, if Superman fans don’t like his interpretation of the character (especially after what happened with Snyder) they are going to let him know it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    All I have to say is, if Superman fans don’t like his interpretation of the character (especially after what happened with Snyder) they are going to let him know it.
    With JJ Abrams attached that was already a given lol.

The Superman Coates is working on is a movie. JJ Abrams' Bad Robot company is producing. No director attached yet.

Or is he taking over for Bendis too?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Geoff Johns is considered a DC Legend in comics and he was terrible in regards to film writing. Another DC Legend Frank Miller was terrible on his film he directed It is an inexact science. Its very possible that Coates writing translates very well on screen with a director to capture his vision for everyone to enjoy.
    It has to be the RIGHT director and script editor.

Thing is whether its hit or miss its good to see black people have real growth.
    I don't think it's growth-I think this is setting someone up to fail. The EXPECTATIONS by SOME will be way too high.

If he was given say Red Lion-Panther's cousin or Peacemaker or Deathstroke-I probably wouldn't worry.

Like Bearclaw said-Superman fans will let him and DC have IT-if they are not happy.

And WORST part they would use it to support NOT giving other black creators shots. Much like we saw at Marvel when folks with power kept Miles and Panther out of movies.

Incredible Member

I know what's happening, I'm actually dreaming, stuck in a nightmare that for some reason I just can't wake up from.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    They'll find a way, but Coates doesn't have a twitter account. He deleted it after he got in a fight with Cornell West. West called him a dumb neoliberal.

Thanks for dumping Coates on us you bastards

Lol well at least he won’t be writing BP comics anymore and I have S&L if the film crashes and burns.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thanks for dumping Coates on us you bastards

Lol well at least he won’t be writing BP comics anymore and I have S&L if the film crashes and burns.
    I wanted the premiere this week. They did a good job.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Shieeeeet I'm happy. He's gone from BP books and I don't care about Superman like that (or Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod). They can have him!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Coates is writing a lois lane book?
    If the Superman film still has Clark Kent, then you know Lois Lane is going to be driving the plot like the women in Coates' books always do while the male protagonist is just kind of...there .

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    There is a part of me though that wonders if this is the Val Zod movie rumored to be with Michael B. Jordan.

Coogler/Coates/Michael B. Jordan were rumored to be working on a separate project. Maybe this is a do you a favor and then do me a favor kind of deal. Helps get the movie they've been trying to make for a while now.
    MBJ actually namedropped Calvin Ellis as the Superman he’d want to play. I love Calvin, and Calvin could actually work for Coates. Coates made his name writing about the Obama Years, and Calvin was created as a sort of embodiment of the hope Obama brought, but Morrison also explored how Calvin really struggled to live up to that hope and failed sometimes. That could be great material to explore, and maybe Coates can do a good job, but his fiction writing is just ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Coates is writing a lois lane book?
    I would honestly read that. He sucks at action but a much more cerebral journalism book might do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Shieeeeet I'm happy. He's gone from BP books and I don't care about Superman like that (or Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod). They can have him!
    I don’t get why the hell they went with Coates over John Ridley. Ridley would kill it on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Superman Coates is working on is a movie. JJ Abrams' Bad Robot company is producing. No director attached yet.

Or is he taking over for Bendis too?
    Nope there’s already a writer, PKJ, who is handling the books, and there’s no Calvin or Val Superman books planned.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/