Page 391 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491891 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 15079

I would also say that of we are being real, Wakanda even in the Comics, even Hudlins version, still comes down to an advanced, xenophobic nation that kept to themselves and told everyone to frak off, until T'CHALLA became the Black Panther and opened them up to help the rest of the world. No where in the Comics does the Wakandan populace say "Hey we as a nation need to step up onto the world stage and help our fellow man" infact to this day T'Challa still gets push back for opening Wakanda.

So tell me now, how is it that Wakanda is bigger that T'Challa and was always the draw? Because nothing that happens/ed in or to Wakanda was because the nation took action. It's all T'Challa. The difference here, is that because Wakanda is in Africa, the excuse being pushed is that T'Challa is can sidelined and they. Can sell Wakanda as the franchise. That's the difference between it and Asgard.

Edit: I'm not even searching online for isht either most of what I see just pops in my Google news or whatever y'all post here, and the occasional times I get on Facebook and see stuff. I never seek it out but when I can see a bad idea when it's presented back parties Involved. Just like how I knew nthe first movie would of be a big success, I can see this being a monumental task can can very easily fail due to greed in the driver's seat instead of compassion and healing
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-12-2021 at 06:52 PM.

This brings up an interesting convo actually.
    Wakanda is the new hero of the story in the MCU (contract free lol) thats kinda opposite of the comics where Tchalla is the hero who pushes Wakanda into worldliness.

So in the MCU is Wakanda going to be fully open with tech and borders? Is Wakanda not going to be "Wakanda first"?

Would the casual newfans appreciate a Wakanda not shown in a fully giving light or would they be mad at Marvel for showing Wakanda with its traditional self preservation shadiness?

In that same idiotic interview Anthony Mackie talks aboit himself having a "free pass to wakanda and a wakandan passport"
    Is it open season now or will there be any pushback at all?
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-12-2021 at 07:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Probably some pushback from some people. But generally a somewhat open attitude I assume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Probably some pushback from some people. But generally a somewhat open attitude I assume
    That’s basically how Wakanda is in the comics anyhow. Measured outreach and cautious collaboration with the outside world. We’ve seen T’Challa let in refugees. Wakanda has worked with several global security organizations and T’Challa has a robust trading program of vibranium and other goods with the outside world that has enriched Wakanda and foreigners without making Wakanda economically dependent.

It’s still “Wakanda First” but it makes sense that both in the comics and MCU Wakanda would be shown as a benevolent, if very paranoid, world power. The conflict arises in the potential backlash and exploitation this new relationship between Wakanda and other nations creates. Under regular circumstances like the comics T’Challa would be the one dealing with those problems. The MCU is spreading that responsibility between several side characters and likely embracing the ensemble vibe of the first film to make it work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s basically how Wakanda is in the comics anyhow. Measured outreach and cautious collaboration with the outside world. We’ve seen T’Challa let in refugees. Wakanda has worked with several global security organizations and T’Challa has a robust trading program of vibranium and other goods with the outside world that has enriched Wakanda and foreigners without making Wakanda economically dependent.

It’s still “Wakanda First” but it makes sense that both in the comics and MCU Wakanda would be shown as a benevolent, if very paranoid, world power. The conflict arises in the potential backlash and exploitation this new relationship between Wakanda and other nations creates. Under regular circumstances like the comics T’Challa would be the one dealing with those problems. The MCU is spreading that responsibility between several side characters and likely embracing the ensemble vibe of the first film to make it work.
    Makes sense to me. Although I'd prefer they focus on a few characters, unless they're bringing in other heroes.

Incredible Member

‘Black Panther’ in Concert Coming Soon!

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/05/b...wood-bowl-ks1/

KMT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    ‘Black Panther’ in Concert Coming Soon!

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/05/b...wood-bowl-ks1/

KMT!!!
    Sounds dope!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I knew about the Star Wars poser but I never knew about the Black Panther poster!

I'll be the first to tell you that a lot of representation has happened under Disney, but that is pretty egregious.

They're gonna promote Wakanda Forever as a Loan Opportunity for the African Continent
    We about to see how much Disney will bow to China

Because CCP right now isn't liking Eternals or Shang Chi.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I don’t have much hope since the first film didn’t do all that well in China to begin with. Not to mention Disney was too scared to show Chadwick’s face on the Chinese movie posters.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Random, but how are the Rush Hour films viewed in China?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I swear I will never understand why we cow-tow to China, oh yeah money

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don’t have much hope since the first film didn’t do all that well in China to begin with. Not to mention Disney was too scared to show Chadwick’s face on the Chinese movie posters.
    That is what is soo bad, I honestly cannot believe there wasn't more outcry over this

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Yes, but again what's the driving force behind all of that? T'Challa. He is the one pushing for it. When Shuri became BP other that AvX, it was very much "Frak off, Wakanda first". You don't break 10k + years of tradition and everyone is just like "Yeah ok" and doing whatever. Again, Wakanda, for how great it is, isn't in and of itself interesting. Exploring Wakandan traditions and it's lore WITH T'Challa as our guide is what's Interesting. Seeing how HE changed Wakanda for the better and is helping the world be he is his progressive and a humanitarian is what's Interesting.

Same with Thor, same with Namor, same with Doom. And also to have the supporting cast just know how to take over seamlessly without any issue is dumb. Especially given on BP when T'Challa was "Dead" they had no idea how to handle the Erik situation properly they went with the lesser of two evils angle with M'Baku and even he was like Nah man this ain't my thing. But now we are supposed to believe that the supporting cast will be able to run the nation, and it's outreach whole going on diplomatic engagements with other foreign powers? T'Challa trained his entire life to be prepared for all that and they supporting cast is going to what. Just take it over no problem? Again Wakanda itself isn't interesting. It's T'Challa who makes it so.

Everyday I move closer to MoS mindset of I would sacrifice 10000 Wakandan redshirts if it meant T'Challa got major badass feat lol

That is what is soo bad, I honestly cannot believe there wasn't more outcry over this
    There wasn't much outcry Because black folks in America and the rest of the world went

And BP blew up. Now though it's going to be a lot harder to do without Chadwick or even a lead for that Matter who can speak and carry the film or hype it up

Ultimate Member

I don't even get why they would change the poster for a movie with a mostly Black cast. Did they think they were tricking audiences?

I wonder how Chinese audiences feel about their government controlling what movies they get to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't even get why they would change the poster for a movie with a mostly Black cast. Did they think they were tricking audiences?

I wonder how Chinese audiences feel about their government controlling what movies they get to see.
    Well I mean... any of them worried about movies probably have bigger worries lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html