Page 392 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492892 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well I mean... any of them worried about movies probably have bigger worries lol
    True, I suppose movies aren't on the top of things they worry about. I'd feel annoyed about it if I was in that position though

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don’t have much hope since the first film didn’t do all that well in China to begin with. Not to mention Disney was too scared to show Chadwick’s face on the Chinese movie posters.
    Ironically and hilariously China awarded Boseman an actor of tge year award. Like, what?? Lol. They're unbelievable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Ironically and hilariously China awarded Boseman an actor of tge year award. Like, what?? Lol. They're unbelievable.
    I had no idea that happened. Maybe the film industry there doesn't get along with the government

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I swear I will never understand why we cow-tow to China, oh yeah money

That is what is soo bad, I honestly cannot believe there wasn't more outcry over this
    Well when you take into consideration that the Chinese government was messaging to it's citizens a year or two ago to avoid black people and places where they may live. I wish I had exact link, but I'm not the most savvy person with tech. I find it just ludicrous that a nation that wants to have working relationship with all of Africa can be this way towards black people.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well when you take into consideration that the Chinese government was messaging to it's citizens a year or two ago to avoid black people and places where they may live. I wish I had exact link, but I'm not the most savvy person with tech. I find it just ludicrous that a nation that wants to have working relationship with all of Africa can be this way towards black people.
    Working? More like exploit Africa for its resources. Just like numerous countries have done throughout the course of history.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Amazing Member

No T'Challa+Namor as the villains=waning interest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_Kayge View Post
    No T'Challa+Namor as the villains=waning interest for me.
    Has it been confirmed that Namor is the villain?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Working? More like exploit Africa for its resources. Just like numerous countries have done throughout the course of history.
    And are continuing to do, from what I've heard

They're missing out on the chance to do Black Panther 2: Crew vs. Wrecking Crew!

Unless I missed a big announcement, no. The only thing in terms of news regarding the villain is that Tenoch Huerta has been cast as either the villain or a villain but that was reported months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    ‘Black Panther’ in Concert Coming Soon!

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/05/b...wood-bowl-ks1/

KMT!!!
    Nice! Hope that heads to the Midwest

Unless it Changed since the other day it was from WGTC so nah lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Random, but how are the Rush Hour films viewed in China?
    We could find out but Box Office Mojo got all pay wall happy.

I would suspect it did have a showing in some Asian countries.

It should be NOTED-The Rock does not have issues with movies showing in China EXCEPT one.

The only Rock movie that has not shown in China is the movie he did with Kevin Hart-Central Intelligence.

I swear I will never understand why we cow-tow to China, oh yeah money
    China has been used to justify NOT greenlighting black movies. While they will say it's the international market-it's really China.

Also if you look at some of the box office for certain white actors (Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller), if it was not for the overseas market a LOT of white actors would have box office bombs.

Meanwhile our black actors don't have that issue. A Kevin Hart movie does not need China nor does Tyler Perry.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    China has been used to justify NOT greenlighting black movies. While they will say it's the international market-it's really China.

Also if you look at some of the box office for certain white actors (Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller), if it was not for the overseas market a LOT of white actors would have box office bombs.

Meanwhile our black actors don't have that issue. A Kevin Hart movie does not need China nor does Tyler Perry.
    Man, this is so crazy; because it's not like they worry about the American market when they make Ip Man 8: Chinese Kung Fu beats the World they make it for the Chinese market.

Not only that but they decry racism if a Chinese person is a villain in an American movie; nevertheless, the only thing we can do is vote with our dollars.

Ultimate Member

Well, it's not like Hollywood has a great track record when it comes to characters of Asian descent

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, it's not like Hollywood has a great track record when it comes to characters of Asian descent
    No they don't. Hollywood is still completely and utterly driven by money. They don't care about morality just Pr/profit. Not diverity just the bottom line. Disney/Marvel is no different despite the quality of their products. Pander to the people with money while at the same time not caring about the quality of the images of those people that they're putting in there to cash in. Asian Stereotypes (Not talking Shangchi) and movies that dont need their lead protagonists.

Before Anthony Mackie became a lead character and now company line totter he spoke about the problem of marvel not hiring enough minority creators/camera men/employees ect unless it was a targeted project like Black Panther was or ShangChi is.

I love the product so much that i wish they would prove otherwise but the continually prove that they are still the same Hollywood its alway been. Now they just realize that minorities have money too and are willing to pander to get it. Things like killing characters to project some idea of solidarity with a fragile black grief for positive PR.

Or pander with a black clark kent while Mr Terrific, Cyborg, and Vixen sit idle.

Hollywood is gonna Hollywood as proven by the last Oscars