Page 44 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There is a faction in the black community-who feel black men should only date black women. Or be like Russel Wilson and "save" them from Future & Bow Wow. So they attack guys like Jordan-yes there was calls of boycotting Black Panther over his STANDING next to a Hispanic female-who they thought was his GF. While ignoring black women who did the same. Like our Vice President.
    Even Dwayne McDuffie had deal with it in a story I CAN'T share here due to adult content. As did John Ridley and Mike Coulter (whose white was BOOED on a talk show when her photo was shown with HIM on stage).

I will put it to you like this let Black Panther get a non-black woman-you will see how fast they come out of the wood work to go off. Funny thing is-it will be mainly lead by folks who NEVER touched a comic book.
    Very true but the only pop culture I really get is dish nation and it definitely looks like a gas job. I think it's better to be you and do you and take the heat up front then to have the fans feel gaslighted with something you can't hold onto long term if it's not your thing. I think it is using the black culture to do that if that is what it is, just like I think jay z did the same when he stepped over Colin kaepernick.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Based on the blacked-out figure on the cover in the new solicits, the new Phoenix is female (not a huge shock, really).

I don't recognize the character, though:

I don't care about who the next Phoenix is, It seemed clear that given what he was saying, T'Challa isn't going to do what the Phoenix wants which means becoming the new host. I just hope we get that fight between Namor and BP and we see Namor get curb stomped

I'm so lost, what's going on with MBJ and his girl?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i think Michael B Jordan is doing BP2 because he is doing some of the best acting of his life right now with Lauren harvey. I personally don't care who people date and it's not even a big deal but i know when i feel like people are being gaslighted.
    Literally what does this have to do with any discussion here?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Based on the blacked-out figure on the cover in the new solicits, the new Phoenix is female (not a huge shock, really).

Might be Echo. Maybe she won her fight against Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Just in time for her Disney+ appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I'm so lost, what's going on with MBJ and his girl?
    I was washing dish and they were talking about it and him potentially being in no 2 and some of the panel were curious as to whether this is a stunt to shore up some female support among black women since apparently he usually dates white women. So I was saying if that is what it is he should be proud of what he likes and not go this route because it recently blew up in the faces of two black actors. The one who divorced his wife and the other which could do long term damage to a brand.

I don't do twitter and stuff but if it's already coming up in such a manner it could prove to be a problem it shouldn't be.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

...except Michael B. Jordan is currently dating Steve Harvey's daughter.

Is there some axe to grind with this man that folks won't update their information on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Is there some axe to grind with this man that folks won't update their information on him?
    That's the thing they are trying to use that against him which I think is unfair. If he not gas lightinget him live if he is there could be major issues from it especially if they are starting that directive already. I like the dude I've watched him since the wire and when he was Erica kane adopted son on all my children.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    That would be a hell of a plot twist fake out lol

Then again, maybe they forshadowed so hard to fake us out lol

cuz yeah... Namor looked ready to murder there
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I find it ironic that a group that fights and dies for basic freedoms including the right to choose whomever we love is also the same group that comes unhinged because your heart/soul/being chose someone who doesn't look like them. As if that very choice somehow threatens their existence. Or their reality. I believe the culture to be far stronger than their foolish objections. And in the end, it's none of their business who a person chooses to love. When love is real, some would argue, you really don't have a choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's the thing they are trying to use that against him which I think is unfair. If he not gas lightinget him live if he is there could be major issues from it especially if they are starting that directive already. I like the dude I've watched him since the wire and when he was Erica kane adopted son on all my children.
    Wait so because he stood next to a non-black woman, any black woman he actually dates isn't real?

WTF...

And he wasn't Erica's adopted son, he was Jackson Montgomery's, and he even took his last name (Reggie Montgomery). Jackson of course being the most consistent of Erica's husbands/lovers, so its easy to make that mistake.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

So I take it there's zero chance that this is Shuri? Or even Firebird for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    So I take it there's zero chance that this is Shuri? Or even Firebird for that matter?
    They aren't in the competition. The only women who are fighting are She-Hulk, Echo, Valkyrie, CM, Red Widow, and Shanna the She-Devil. If the Phoenix goes outside of that pool, it could be ANYONE.

ETA: And Moon Girl, which would be a REALLY weird choice.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-21-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Wait so because he stood next to a non-black woman, any black woman he actually dates isn't real?

WTF...

And he wasn't Erica's adopted son, he was Jackson Montgomery's, and he even took his last name (Reggie Montgomery). Jackson of course being the most consistent of Erica's husbands/lovers, so its easy to make that mistake.
    Jackson and Erica were married at the time and when Jackson was fired from the show, yes i was in that deep. lol. Erica took care of Reggie for quite a bit of time. I remember always loving their dynamic. Him and susan lucci played great off each other. But yes he was Jackson adopted son legally.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.