Page 56 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast

I've tried to update the blog 3x in the last 3 months and just can't bring myself to do it.

Sad panther noises.

Maybe Redjack's issue will invigorate my fandom. Or a new writer announcement. Damn mcu murdered it sadly

Anyone know how long Aarons Avengers run is lasting?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I've tried to update the blog 3x in the last 3 months and just can't bring myself to do it.

Sad panther noises.

Maybe Redjack's issue will invigorate my fandom.
    I got you, dog.

Sad panther noises.

Maybe Redjack's issue will invigorate my fandom. Or a new writer announcement. Damn mcu murdered it sadly

At this rate I’m crossing my fingers for a AAA video game. Bonus points if it’s set in the same universe as the Spider-Man games.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sad panther noises.

Yeah, it's not a good year for BP fans. Other than Redjack's ones-shot and the What If...? on D+, really not much to look forward to.

Even if they announce a new solo, it'sstill an anxious time to be because of what happened with Coates. We get all happy but kinda scared and the next writer gives us a kick in the 'nads.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    At this rate I’m crossing my fingers for a AAA video game. Bonus points if it’s set in the same universe as the Spider-Man games.
    Can't even get new T'Challa action figures. I can't remember the last new one to come out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It really sucks that Marvel fucked up the Avengers game as bad as they did. Disney's been real hesitant to put themselves out there like that in the gaming industry so the failure of Avengers might set back whatever intentions they had of producing more projects based around Marvel characters. And I'm certain that if they ever moved in that direction Black Panther would be one of their most desirable characters to adapt into game form.

Imma be honest and say the only real hope I have as a fan of T'Challa is the What If... series and the relaunch (assuming that even comes out this year). And whatever associated comics come out like Redjack's one-shot and the Avengers book. I'm only watching the sequel to commemorate the passing of Boseman and because it's an installment in the MCU, but yea 2020 has got to be the worst year in a long time to be fan of BP. And what's worse is the future is uncertain because I refuse to think that T'Challa's absence in the movies won't affect his treatment in other mediums.

As things stand, while I plan on getting the KiB tie-in (digitally, as all my comics are these days) out of respect & trust for the esteemed Mr. Thorne, I've pretty much given up on the franchise. I just don't trust Marvel editorial not to screw things up. As you may have noticed from my avatar
    ← here, the only comic I'm following at the moment is SWORD, and based on Ewing's track record with team books, I give it a year-and-a-half, tops.

Slightly longer if he can convince Marvel to relaunch it under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It really sucks that Marvel fucked up the Avengers game as bad as they did. Disney's been real hesitant to put themselves out there like that in the gaming industry so the failure of Avengers might set back whatever intentions they had of producing more projects based around Marvel characters. And I'm certain that if they ever moved in that direction Black Panther would be one of their most desirable characters to adapt into game form.

Imma be honest and say the only real hope I have as a fan of T'Challa is the What If... series and the relaunch (assuming that even comes out this year). And whatever associated comics come out like Redjack's one-shot and the Avengers book. I'm only watching the sequel to commemorate the passing of Boseman and because it's an installment in the MCU, but yea 2020 has got to be the worst year in a long time to be fan of BP. And what's worse is the future is uncertain because I refuse to think that T'Challa's absence in the movies won't affect his treatment in other mediums.
    Yeah. That's what sucks the most. All the uncertainty. I have a sinking feeling that after the What ifs, they will start to say that no one can even VOICE T'Challa in honor of Chad.. I haven't even been a fan as long as done of y'all but it's crazy just how much we as fans have had to put up with, and I kinda got on this on the up swing

In other news and highlights how's that Shuri thread coming along...

Point Man: "Black Panther... Significant Other/Love Interest... Rogues Gallery... Wakanda... Period!"
    Get Hectic!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    As things stand, while I plan on getting the KiB tie-in (digitally, as all my comics are these days) out of respect & trust for the esteemed Mr. Thorne, I've pretty much given up on the franchise. I just don't trust Marvel editorial not to screw things up. As you may have noticed from my avatar
    ← here, the only comic I'm following at the moment is SWORD, and based on Ewing's track record with team books, I give it a year-and-a-half, tops.

Slightly longer if he can convince Marvel to relaunch it under a different name.
    I wouldn’t say I’m at the point where I’ve given up in the franchise. I’m definitely expecting to see Wakanda pop up more in the comics and other mediums, but I think we’re gonna see a more broad push of the franchise as opposed to T’Challa as THE primary face. Like Green Lantern or the X-Men. So I think his time as the main, indisputable lead of the IP is dead for a generation, which dampens my interest by a lot lol. But I agree, I don’t trust Marvel not to continue with the Coates direction in the comics, which is pretty much the only place I can expect to see him on a regular basis.

SWORD is a great comic but yea, I don’t see most of the books the X-Office is putting out lasting more than 20-24 issues. We’ll see, because I think that book has a strong enough concept to be a consistent part of Marvel’s publication with the right roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah. That's what sucks the most. All the uncertainty. I have a sinking feeling that after the What ifs, they will start to say that no one can even VOICE T'Challa in honor of Chad.. I haven't even been a fan as long as done of y'all but it's crazy just how much we as fans have had to put up with, and I kinda got on this on the up swing
    The thing is, unlike DC which loves its alternate realities and multimedia approach, Marvel is very aggressive with their push of the MCU. We don’t have many big games or animated projects that can stand independent of it so losing T’Challa does create this issue of how fans who’ve followed the character can get their fix (outside comics) Let’s say Cavil never plays Superman again, you still got that CW show, an appearance in a AAA game, and a spattering of animated projects (cartoons and movies) that’ll feature him to varying degrees.

And since I strongly believe Disney will try and synergize their animation and movies as much as possible, I could definitely see there being a bunch of people saying “you better not have someone voice T’Challa after Boseman did such a great job!” And as whoever does take the mantle rises in popularity and prominence (very likely surpassing T’Challa) they could just end up using them instead anyway.

I wouldn’t say I’m at the point where I’ve given up in the franchise. I’m definitely expecting to see Wakanda pop up more in the comics and other mediums, but I think we’re gonna see a more broad push of the franchise as opposed to T’Challa as THE primary face. Like Green Lantern or the X-Men. So I think his time as the main, indisputable lead of the IP is dead for a generation, which dampens my interest by a lot lol. But I agree, I don’t trust Marvel not to continue with the Coates direction in the comics, which is pretty much the only place I can expect to see him on a regular basis.

SWORD is a great comic but yea, I don’t see most of the books the X-Office is putting out lasting more than 20-24 issues. We’ll see, because I think that book has a strong enough concept to be a consistent part of Marvel’s publication with the right roster.

The thing is, unlike DC which loves its alternate realities and multimedia approach, Marvel is very aggressive with their push of the MCU. We don’t have many big games or animated projects that can stand independent of it so losing T’Challa does create this issue of how fans who’ve followed the character can get their fix (outside comics) Let’s say Cavil never plays Superman again, you still got that CW show, an appearance in a AAA game, and a spattering of animated projects (cartoons and movies) that’ll feature him to varying degrees.

And since I strongly believe Disney will try and synergize their animation and movies as much as possible, I could definitely see there being a bunch of people saying “you better not have someone voice T’Challa after Boseman did such a great job!” And as whoever does take the mantle rises in popularity and prominence (very likely surpassing T’Challa) they could just end up using them instead anyway.
    Well Iron Man is still going strong in other forms of media despite being dead in the MCU along with Steve Rogers still being captain America. If those characters remain as they are but T’challa gets screwed for the next decade then that’s going to prove above all else that Marvel is run by hypocrites and idiots. Not helping matters is all the casuals that’ll start thinking having T’Challa show up in any medium from here on out is “disrespecting” Chadwick.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Can't even get new T'Challa action figures. I can't remember the last new one to come out.
    There is a new one not under the Marvel Legends banner.

A Bend and Flex one. I think they came out in December 2019 and are just now in Target. A lot of Targets can not keep them in stock. Especially Miles version.

My fear is that they would essentially pull what happened to the OG white tiger. Kill him off despite having been around for 30~ years or so and having his sister take over. So then comics side pulls that if the sequel is successful. Just kills off a 59+ year old character and moves on with the claim that Wakanda is bigger than T'Challa or it's a mantle or whatever other nonsense they spew

My fear is that they would essentially pull what happened to the OG white tiger. Kill him off despite having been around for 30~ years or so and having his sister take over. So then comics side pulls that if the sequel is successful. Just kills off a 59+ year old character and moves on with the claim that Wakanda is bigger than T'Challa or it's a mantle or whatever other nonsense they spew
    I’m praying that Marvel won’t go full stupid and do that. Especially since, as much as I hate Coates run, he’s been trying to have Shuri have her own unique identity instead of just simply being a T’Challa with boobs. And if Marvel does go full stupid, I’m gonna make sure to raise hell about it. Fans of characters such as the X-Men and Batman won’t let bullshit happen to their guys without a fight and neither should we.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

In all fairness, Hector was in character limbo for like 20 years before he was killed off & replaced. There were two other White Tigers in the interim, Kasper Cole and a creation of the High Evolutionary. It's not really the same situation.