Page 84 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Bravo, Sir.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Marvel had one shot, one chance to push Black Panther after 4+ years of Hickman putting him in the spotlight of comic fans, a huge draught in BP having a comic solo series, and the MCU introducing the character to the casuals. Marvel comics heard pitches.

And those chose the guy that doesn't like Black Panther who had the biggest profile.

So, at T'challa's most visible time period in the history of the comic character... they saw an ineffectual, unconfident king, bleeding, failing, on his knees, beating his own countrymen, while black woman were raped and trafficked.

At best, these people stuck around to see, after a year... this same king give up his crown, need help from a philosopher to stop the golden city from falling, while his sister threatened the black gay couple with violence if they interfered... and then he gave this same black couple what they wanted in the end (affirming they were right) off panel.

If they stuck around another year (they didnt), they saw this same king need the help of a criminal black dude (thunderball) to stop klaw, and then pray to a powerful black woman to save the country... after learning Wakandan's were aggressors that stole land from indigenous monsters and sent them off in chains someplace else.

And if they STILL stuck around... well, they never got an ending lol. They still haven't seen T'challa triumph. I mean ****... who is he giving a speech about in the previews for the last issues? Another powerful black woman who sacrificed herself to save the kingdrom (nakia).

So, I mean ****...... can you even blame these new writers? You can blame them for not doing their homework but people are always HEAVILY influenced by what they are introduced to first.

Enjoy King in Black and Aaron's Avengers while you can.
    My guy, you just opened up some old wounds and created some fresh new ones in this one post.

To paraphrase one of the best grievous speeches...

"Where is the warrior king and the calculating panther?
    Where is the drum that was beating?
    They have passed like rain evaporated from the Savannah,
    like wind across the plains.
    The days have gone down in the West,
    behind the mountains...into shadow".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marvel was trying to get Black Panther into places where normally comics are not welcomed. The issue is they FAILED when they picked Coates. Who did get them attention and we saw trade sales go up and in some cases were up before the movie came out.

So they got the attention and shelf spots. The issue became the writing like Moon Shadow said.

The book still has to be GOOD. Especially with a black male as the lead. Sales be DAMNED. Seven Secrets at Boom is not getting all those re-orders because it's about a biracial black kid by Tom Taylor. Same with Something is Killing the Children by Tynion. Same with Power Rangers. They are GOOD books.

Black books don't have the HATE buying or Loyalty buying that others do. We are not going to settle for a badly done Black Panther book because it's Black Panther. Like I have always beaten the horse on-supporting badly done stuff will only get you MORE BADLY done stuff.

Shuri, Storm and Midnight Angel fans might not like to hear that but that is REALITY. We are not buying the book for them. Shuri does not need Black Panther.

She had 2 solos and at least 4 novels in stores. They are building her up-her in Black Panther is supplemental material.

Look at the Bat Family-Batman took ZERO seats to any of his cast. ZERO. Yet 10 of his supporting cast has over 50 solo issues. It was never Batman presents Batwoman. It was Batwoman.

Marvel took a gamble and it crashed in their faces. If they want someone outside of comics-Redjack is right there.
    Exactly.

They got the massive attention they needed when Coates took over and sales were huge. Initially.

But the comics gotta be good. Look at something like Immortal Hulk, it got relative hype but Ewing has been killing it month after month and the book has held on and sold better than it has for a long time. Same thing with Cates on Venom.

A lot of goodwill was squandered on BP. The book has been so boring and the idea of rape camps and that crap is stuff I hate.

Like we all know that Africa has struggles and they've been well documented. But in our minds, Wakanda represented an idealized non-colonized Africa free of those ills. It's so sad.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Mr. Jack

Do digital buys count just as much as LCS buys?

the LCS wasn't keen on letting me pull just one comic, so imma show up on wednesday and see if it is there but if digital counts more (since the LCS already pre ordered a certain number) I will just do that instead.
    I think, as a general rule, comic shop orders and digital sales are the only things that can really "count." Sell-through numbers of print copies would matter, but only if it sells out and they need to reprint it. This is because Marvel already recorded a sale from a comic book shop when they ordered the book. That being said, in addition to selling out and getting a second printing (which is usually pretty prestigious), buying from a local comic shop can help encourage them to order the books that aren't the main sellers, which can be beneficial as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

WandaVision makes me think Feige has a plan...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I just watched the new episode before going to work. I liked it, it's pretty good.

I am not watching Wandavision but from the spoiler I saw on Twitter, you might be right.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-05-2021 at 07:09 AM.

As someone who doesn't have the same amount of dislike for the Coates run as others here, I gladly welcome a new take and feel like it is needed. DEFINITELY picking up KIB for BP. That preview was awesome.

BANNED

What happened in Wandavision? I definitely agree that or Multiverse of Madness could be the best way to bring the titular character back

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    What happened in Wandavision? I definitely agree that or Multiverse of Madness could be the best way to bring the titular character back
    spoilers:
    Quicksilver from the X-Men movies made an appearance
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    spoilers:
    Quicksilver from the X-Men movies made an appearance
    end of spoilers
    Appreciate you. That’s pretty wild

I truly hope so. This week’s episode was wild.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Yall gonna get your hopes up again.

He did not have a plan for Chadwick dying lol. Feige ain't Priest Panther lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Which is why I'm not expecting anymore T'Challa appearances outside the What if? episodes Chadwick is in.

I just watched the latest episode of WandaVision. I didn't see T'Challa knocking on anyone's door.