Page 127 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    time jump.

T'Challa's been dead for a few weeks, after a long and distinguished reign. SHURI, now on her 50s, is the regent and not interested in taking the role of Queen or Black Panther. She wants to grieve her brother and be with her husband and kids.

So the OPEN contest for the crown happens and EVERY tribe puts in a potential.

We see ALL the tribes of Wakanda, different fighting styles, men and women- it takes weeks to get down to just two- a Jibari and a Panther. BOTH masked.

The Panther wins. No one knows who he is but he's the king now. AND the Black Panther.

Who does he turn out to be? Killmonger's son with the woman he killed in the first movie. Everyone assumes he's here for revenge, to bring Wakanda down, but, in fact, he was raised BETTER than his parents and truly reveres the ways of his forefathers. If anything he's more of a throwback to the times when Wakanda was isolated and he needs SHURI to act as his Bruce Wayne (batman beyond version) to get him through the rough spots.

He's more ruthless than T'Challa but nowhere near as brilliant and makes some hothead mistakes. In the James Bond realm Shuri becomes a combo of M and Q and the New Panther is Bond.

Fixed. Everybody wins. Chadwick Boseman is "respected."
    Wouldn't they complain that if Tchalla was alive all that time, why didn't he and Nakia have any children?

https://www.cbr.com/king-in-black-black-panther-review/

"T'Challa is no armchair general"..."T'Challa has Wakanda on a war footing."

I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    https://www.gfinityesports.com/artic...la-ps4-xbox-pc

So according to this, Wakanda as a whole is going to be a brand new region in the Avengers game, to those of you who still care about it. I might check the game out once I get myself a PS5.
    Is the game 15 bucks yet?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Seems like soooo much hoop jumping and the main problem still persists. It's a character that isn't T'Challa, doing T'CHALLAS stories and it's a brand new character we are supposed to care about... Just. Bring. In. Multiverse. T'Challa. Plus that option, while it's better than others, pretty much disconnects the BP franchise from the rest of the MCU and would feel like they are just being robbed more of the interactions we wanted to see on the big screen even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Wouldn't they complain that if Tchalla was alive all that time, why didn't he and Nakia have any children?
    oh she dead a long time back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Well they have a daughter together in Priest's run in a alternate future timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Seems like soooo much hoop jumping and the main problem still persists. It's a character that isn't T'Challa, doing T'CHALLAS stories and it's a brand new character we are supposed to care about... Just. Bring. In. Multiverse. T'Challa. Plus that option, while it's better than others, pretty much disconnects the BP franchise from the rest of the MCU and would feel like they are just being robbed more of the interactions we wanted to see on the big screen even more.
    Like I said, I’m calling bullshit on these rumors. But if they do end up being true then I won’t be surprised if there’s backlash to this decision with people pointing out exactly what you pointed out along with people who want to see Shuri in the suit.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    People don't watch Marvel or DC movies to see brand new characters.
    Counter-argument. Most casual MCU fans have no idea what the status-quo of the characters is. They know the basics, from earlier shows & movies, but they could care less about what happened in issue #23 of volume 7. As long as the broad strokes match up, they are fine.

Synergy usually happens the OTHER direction, which is why you get things like Thor going from a noble champion to "dude who likes to drink a lot"

time jump.

T'Challa's been dead for a few weeks, after a long and distinguished reign. SHURI, now on her 50s, is the regent and not interested in taking the role of Queen or Black Panther. She wants to grieve her brother and be with her husband and kids.

So the OPEN contest for the crown happens and EVERY tribe puts in a potential.

We see ALL the tribes of Wakanda, different fighting styles, men and women- it takes weeks to get down to just two- a Jibari and a Panther. BOTH masked.

The Panther wins. No one knows who he is but he's the king now. AND the Black Panther.

Who does he turn out to be? Killmonger's son with the woman he killed in the first movie. Everyone assumes he's here for revenge, to bring Wakanda down, but, in fact, he was raised BETTER than his parents and truly reveres the ways of his forefathers. If anything he's more of a throwback to the times when Wakanda was isolated and he needs SHURI to act as his Bruce Wayne (batman beyond version) to get him through the rough spots.

He's more ruthless than T'Challa but nowhere near as brilliant and makes some hothead mistakes. In the James Bond realm Shuri becomes a combo of M and Q and the New Panther is Bond.

They could do this as a Marvel 2099 book while simultaneously doing a modern day book with T'Challa.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Scrolling across the Marvel spoilers Reddit I saw rumor and it is kind of interesting enough to mention. A person with a supposed "source" says that Feige and Coogler are creating a new original character to be Black Panther. The character is describe as young streetwise funny and intelligent, capable of building tech by stealing scraps from a junk yard. They are some other so called details but I am not going to waste anyone time with it.

So for the most part the rumor comes off as unbelievable to me and that board has ton of misses on the rumor mill. But one thing that does stand out about that made me want to share is that if true this would be the first original character created by Marvel studios for a film. Now that is the part that feels real to me it never crossed my mind because they are options for replacements but it kind makes in this situation Marvel can create a brand new character original character to be Black Panther. It feels like a very MCU like to want push original character unique to the brand and tout that as progress for the studio.

In this thread I know the reaction to this why not recast T'challa but I have to ask any way how do you feel about brand spanking new never seen before character as the Black Panther? Putting aside your obvious want for T'challa to "the Black Panther" and looking at MCU as alternate reality story that happen all time in comics what would it take for new character to win you over?
    Kasper Cole?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They could do this as a Marvel 2099 book while simultaneously doing a modern day book with T'Challa.
    A Marvel 2099 Black Panther would be great, as I don't think we've really had a great or even satisfactory take on a future Black Panther in a future Marvel Universe as of yet. The less said about how Marvel Knights 2099 did its version of Black Panther, the better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah since I like to forget BP 2099 was a thing.

Incredible Member

Sorry but I don't want some American to be King of Wakanda or to be BP, regardless of his Wakandan heritage.The mantle of both King and BP should be Wakandan born and raised. That being said, set BP2 during the 5 year blip or yank multiverse T'Challa from somewhere. As for the D+ show, just set it in the past. Let's see what was going down in Wakanda as far back as the 18th/19th Century or something.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Understandable.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A Marvel 2099 Black Panther would be great, as I don't think we've really had a great or even satisfactory take on a future Black Panther in a future Marvel Universe as of yet. The less said about how Marvel Knights 2099 did its version of Black Panther, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yeah that Marvel 2099 BP was straight up atrocious. This idea by Redjack could be the way to fix it and make it right.