Page 281 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381781 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm not so sure... Andy is getting up there in years, and the way they killed him isn't exactly conducive to technological resurrection.
    I don't remember if they showed his death on-screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't remember if they showed his death on-screen

dragged his corpse to the border lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

dragged his corpse to the border lol
    Oh yeah. It looks pretty definitive.

Oh yeah. It looks pretty definitive.
    It's not IMPOSSIBLE, since in theory the arm could have a personality-recording function for some unBastly reason. But it's highly unlikely, and would basically make Klaw some sort of bargain-basement Arnim Zola.

There is ONE way he could be brought back. The same method could be used for Killmonger, or nearly any other dead villain:

Ultimate Member

It's not IMPOSSIBLE, since in theory the arm could have a personality-recording function for some unBastly reason. But it's highly unlikely, and would basically make Klaw some sort of bargain-basement Arnim Zola.

There is ONE way he could be brought back. The same method could be used for Killmonger, or nearly any other dead villain:

Time travel solves everything. Or does it?

Time travel solves everything. Or does it?
    Time travel both solves problems and creates them. It's insanely difficult to do well.

Ultimate Member

Time travel both solves problems and creates them. It's insanely difficult to do well.
    I thought the time travel in Endgame worked except for Steve's ending

I thought the time travel in Endgame worked except for Steve's ending
    There are a couple of other plot holes (one of which is the impetus behind Loki) and one major handwave regarding putting the stones back.

In my experience, only one movie has been almost completely internally consistent (save for one line of dialogue) regarding time travel, and a few TV episodes.

Ultimate Member

There are a couple of other plot holes (one of which is the impetus behind Loki) and one major handwave regarding putting the stones back.

In my experience, only one movie has been almost completely internally consistent (save for one line of dialogue) regarding time travel, and a few TV episodes.
    What is the major handwave?

What is the major handwave?
    That putting the Stones back resets the timeline, instead of branching off another timeline that just happens to look like the original. I've NEVER heard of a time-travel theory where that's true.

It's trying to claim that only removing the stones branches timelines. That would suggest that traveling to the past and NOT removing a stone doesn't branch off a new timeline, which falls apart due to the usual grandfather paradox issues.

Ultimate Member

That putting the Stones back resets the timeline, instead of branching off another timeline that just happens to look like the original. I've NEVER heard of a time-travel theory where that's true.

It's trying to claim that only removing the stones branches timelines. That would suggest that traveling to the past and NOT removing a stone doesn't branch off a new timeline, which falls apart due to the usual grandfather paradox issues.
    My understanding is if you put it back right after you take it away, it wasn't long enough to change anything

My understanding is if you put it back right after you take it away, it wasn't long enough to change anything
    And that's the handwave. That there's a window of time where you can put the Stones back, even though it's not as simple as swapping out a light bulb.

Ultimate Member

And that's the handwave. That there's a window of time where you can put the Stones back, even though it's not as simple as swapping out a light bulb.
    Honestly I don't see that as a problem. If no one noticed it disappeared, how would anything be changed?

Time Travel only works if you don't think about it lol

You can really only play by the rules introduced and then just don't think about it. At all. Ever. Because it always ends up unraveling.

Endgame is no exception there. It gave you the MCU "rules" of time travel and you just gotta shrug and go "ok" because... it's really kinda stupid lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Honestly I don't see that as a problem. If no one noticed it disappeared, how would anything be changed?
    He is saying (I think) that Steve had an incredibly difficult task putting each stone back without changing anything major. Or messing up at all. We all saw what happened when they went to get them and how messy it was.

I mean, just look at the Aether. So... Steve went back to Asgard (without say... Heimdell knowing), found Jane and... re-infected her with the aether? How does that even work? We've never really seen hte Aether manipulated except by Malekith. Did he just point the tube at Jane, at the exact moment Rocket took it away (Cap is much bigger than Rocket so he can't sneak around as well. And Jane would recognize captain america) and... sprinkle it on her? Inject an infinity stone?

So that ist he handwave. That Steve magically did all these things without messing up. AT all.