Page 830 of 922 FirstFirst ... 330730780820826827828829830831832833834840880 ... LastLast
Results 12,436 to 12,450 of 13824
  1. #12436
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude, I thought of a HZ idea in which the cast would be, Kasper, Akili, that female HZ, and a OC name B'Arry (this giving Bhb an official name lol
    I think Kasper would make a great choice for the leader of a new Agents of Wakanda.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  2. #12437
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    13,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Priest literally created a Character to replace TCHALLA yet y'all love his boring as dialogue BP run.
    Ripping out Mephisto's heart
    Nearly causing a world war
    Dropping the mic on the Avengers
    Fighting Iron First
    Achebe
    Namor
    The Deviants

    Don't see how this was boring but to each his own I guess.

  3. #12438
    BCB 4sake Baned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    2,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There are two ways to "support a character".

    The way Marvel wants is to "Buy everything that we put out with the character in it, so you can show us how popular the character is."

    But that means that they can put out whatever dreck they like, and if anyone complains, they simply say "But look! See how well it's selling!"

    And if it isn't selling, it's not because the product is bad, but because "the fans" aren't supporting it.

    There's another method, though. Be critical and discerning. Only buy product that's worthy of consumption.

    Let editorial know that they are responsible for creating stories worth reading.

    Does that mean that, theoretically, you could go for month or years without a Black Panther book?

    Yes. But the problem with believing "A bad book is better than no book" is that it leads to more bad books.

    Does Marvel want to make money? Then they have to earn it.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    1. T'Challa beat Black dwarf ON PANEL, stupid that banner got the kill on him, and insult to injury that Okoye teams with widow to fight proxima when they never even met or fought in the comics.

    2. T'Challa and Namor should of been shown beating the asses of the great society during Maximuses speech to swan about the difference between heroes and kings.

    3. T'Challa should of held firm and not broke down crying regarding not blowing up GS earth.

    4. T'Challa should of killed Namor, he had served no more purpose to the story other than to crack jokes at T'Challa, only to be immediately killed by Doom.

    5. T'Challa should of faired much better against god Doom. He still could of lost but the ending he should of been standing tall (despite it taking everything in him to do so, as he and Doom knee the fight was over) and Doom should of looked more bloody, I mean, he was STILL wielding the IG, Doom should of looked more disheveled.

    Those are the 5 moments I would of changed and it would of been perfect.

    Bruh, you know T'Coates would of had him bowing to outside her window begging to get atleast a kiss on the forehead from her lol T'Coates T'Challa has no Bass in his voice at all
    I’d add he should killed Namor twice he should fought him one on one & killed him then Black order/etc could brought him back & then BP should off him again in SW right b4 the Doom fight.

    Also it should been more BLUNTLY stated that BP made/co made those ships/life arcs & he should been shown having few made/set a side In Wakanda for Wakanda only use.

    [
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There are two ways to "support a character".

    The way Marvel wants is to "Buy everything that we put out with the character in it, so you can show us how popular the character is."

    But that means that they can put out whatever dreck they like, and if anyone complains, they simply say "But look! See how well it's selling!"

    And if it isn't selling, it's not because the product is bad, but because "the fans" aren't supporting it.

    There's another method, though. Be critical and discerning. Only buy product that's worthy of consumption.

    Let editorial know that they are responsible for creating stories worth reading.

    Does that mean that, theoretically, you could go for month or years without a Black Panther book?

    Yes. But the problem with believing "A bad book is better than no book" is that it leads to more bad books.

    Does Marvel want to make money? Then they have to earn it.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    1. T'Challa beat Black dwarf ON PANEL, stupid that banner got the kill on him, and insult to injury that Okoye teams with widow to fight proxima when they never even met or fought in the comics.

    2. T'Challa and Namor should of been shown beating the asses of the great society during Maximuses speech to swan about the difference between heroes and kings.

    3. T'Challa should of held firm and not broke down crying regarding not blowing up GS earth.

    4. T'Challa should of killed Namor, he had served no more purpose to the story other than to crack jokes at T'Challa, only to be immediately killed by Doom.

    5. T'Challa should of faired much better against god Doom. He still could of lost but the ending he should of been standing tall (despite it taking everything in him to do so, as he and Doom knee the fight was over) and Doom should of looked more bloody, I mean, he was STILL wielding the IG, Doom should of looked more disheveled.

    Those are the 5 moments I would of changed and it would of been perfect.

    Bruh, you know T'Coates would of had him bowing to outside her window begging to get atleast a kiss on the forehead from her lol T'Coates T'Challa has no Bass in his voice at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Love Hickman but he wouldn’t give BP fans what they’re after right now. One big theme he loves to come back to again and again is the arrogance of “great men” who think they have all the answers, and how that bites them in the ass. The Council of Reeds in F4, the Illuminati in Avengers, Xavier and Magneto in X-Men, etc. His BP would be very competent and would get cool feats while also displaying his genius… but he would also get humbled before the end. Look at what’s happening in Inferno, story is setting up the mutants to eat some L’s for thinking they were gods.

    If Ridley bombs and fails, Marvel can always still as Redjack. Far as I know he’s only on GL and DC doesn’t have exclusives anymore. Redjack can do GL and BP if he wants.
    Can’t be better said…….

  4. #12439
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    But the problem with believing "A bad book is better than no book" is that it leads to more bad books.

    [/B]
    Say it again for the folks in the back who don't hear it.

    Marvel and DC have LIVED off this. Because too many fans have been brainwashed to think they have to support everything no matter how bad.

    That is who we get Heroes in Crisis, nonstop events and 500 Batman and Wolverine books. This is why you keep seeing certain characters. It's why you see others get CRUMBS.



    When there’s no Black Panther book at all because of people who don’t support the book now, then there will be something to complain about.
    It is the job of Marvel to EARN the right to anyone's money.

    What many of us do NOT want is fans (or unfans) marching in here calling us FAKE fans for not supporting what we feel is a badly done book.
    Ask John Stewart fans about Hal Jordan and TGLC run. Got called fake fans for not buying. Redjack has the book now. Same folks won't touch the book. Nobody is calling them fake fans.

    Ridley got 3 issues-maybe the first arc depending on how bad Panther is chumped in issue 200.
    I am not sticking around for 12 like I did with Coates.

    I'll BIN DIVE for the rest of run. Midtown Comics LOVES having sales.

  5. #12440

    Default

    So uhhhh I was wrong. And everything she says just makes it worse.

    It is Grace, but potential spoilers. So dont read the cliffnotes if you dont want to know





    1. SHURI GOES TO THE ANCESTRAL PLANE and talks to a character you wouldnt expect (Obviously Killmonger, how the hell does that make sense)
    2. Wakanda is very female centric. (Yep no strong black men for real)
    3. Namor vs the women is basically what the movie will be about.
    4. Its a BIG FUNERAL for T'Challa. It will be very joyus
    5. Not gonna call Atlantis...Atlantis.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 10-21-2021 at 02:37 PM.

  6. #12441
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Love Hickman but he wouldn’t give BP fans what they’re after right now. One big theme he loves to come back to again and again is the arrogance of “great men” who think they have all the answers, and how that bites them in the ass. The Council of Reeds in F4, the Illuminati in Avengers, Xavier and Magneto in X-Men, etc. His BP would be very competent and would get cool feats while also displaying his genius… but he would also get humbled before the end. Look at what’s happening in Inferno, story is setting up the mutants to eat some L’s for thinking they were gods.

    If Ridley bombs and fails, Marvel can always still as Redjack. Far as I know he’s only on GL and DC doesn’t have exclusives anymore. Redjack can do GL and BP if he wants.
    Isn’t that what we want though? I don’t think anyone realistically wants a character that NEVER takes L’s. There should absolutely be moments where T’Challa falters, questions himself, and has to get back up. What most fans of any character don’t want is for that to be the only story told or for the only character beat to be “I’m not good enough”

    If Hickman took on T’Challa he’d take the character to places he’s never been in terms of feats, influence, and heroism. I’m fine with that being accompanied by some setbacks, it’s not a fun story if there’s never any reckoning for the protagonist or any major defeats. Redjack did mostly the same thing, great moments but also times where T’Challa straight up gets beat. So idk, Hickman returning T’Challa to form as the arrogant James Bond meets Doc Savage of the MU has potential, it’s certainly more exciting than what the usual BP creators bring to the table.

  7. #12442
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    So uhhhh I was wrong. And everything she says just makes it worse.

    It is Grace, but potential spoilers. So dont read the cliffnotes if you dont want to know





    1. SHURI GOES TO THE ANCESTRAL PLANE and talks to a character you wouldnt expect (Obviously Killmonger, how the hell does that make sense)
    2. Wakanda is very female centric. (Yep no strong black men for real)
    3. Namor vs the women is basically what the movie will be about.
    4. Its a BIG FUNERAL for T'Challa. It will be very joyus
    5. Not gonna call Atlantis...Atlantis.
    I mean, this is Grace, who says alot of isht that doesn't happen. A few of those I can see will likely happening. It being female Centric, being that only M'Baku is left and no other male characters have been announced.

    If Namor is the villain than him vs the women for the reason above.

    The funeral, and they better be careful with that isht if they do because they have a very real potential to shot themselves all the way in the foot

  8. #12443
    Mighty Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    So uhhhh I was wrong. And everything she says just makes it worse.

    It is Grace, but potential spoilers. So dont read the cliffnotes if you dont want to know





    1. SHURI GOES TO THE ANCESTRAL PLANE and talks to a character you wouldnt expect (Obviously Killmonger, how the hell does that make sense)
    2. Wakanda is very female centric. (Yep no strong black men for real)
    3. Namor vs the women is basically what the movie will be about.
    4. Its a BIG FUNERAL for T'Challa. It will be very joyus
    5. Not gonna call Atlantis...Atlantis.
    This is Grace but everything about the movie seems to point to this

  9. #12444
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Isn’t that what we want though? I don’t think anyone realistically wants a character that NEVER takes L’s. There should absolutely be moments where T’Challa falters, questions himself, and has to get back up. What most fans of any character don’t want is for that to be the only story told or for the only character beat to be “I’m not good enough”

    If Hickman took on T’Challa he’d take the character to places he’s never been in terms of feats, influence, and heroism. I’m fine with that being accompanied by some setbacks, it’s not a fun story if there’s never any reckoning for the protagonist or any major defeats. Redjack did mostly the same thing, great moments but also times where T’Challa straight up gets beat. So idk, Hickman returning T’Challa to form as the arrogant James Bond meets Doc Savage of the MU has potential, it’s certainly more exciting than what the usual BP creators bring to the table.
    This here. This again is what unfans tried to use with Coates and quoting his dumba** line from one of his interviews about how T'Challa is portrayed as "Awesome awesome awesome" and how he was going to set about his crusade to ensure that NEVER happened in the entirety of his run not even once.

  10. #12445
    Ghost Panther Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Corner Of Your Eye
    Posts
    13,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    So uhhhh I was wrong. And everything she says just makes it worse.

    It is Grace, but potential spoilers. So dont read the cliffnotes if you dont want to know





    1. SHURI GOES TO THE ANCESTRAL PLANE and talks to a character you wouldnt expect (Obviously Killmonger, how the hell does that make sense)
    2. Wakanda is very female centric. (Yep no strong black men for real)
    3. Namor vs the women is basically what the movie will be about.
    4. Its a BIG FUNERAL for T'Challa. It will be very joyus
    5. Not gonna call Atlantis...Atlantis.
    I need the yawn emoji.

    Whether Grace is right or not doesn't matter. No T'Challa.

  11. #12446
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Grace is full of shit most of the time but what the hell ever. Multiverse is open so better hope for a variant of T’Challa to come to the main universe like how Black Widow did at the end of what if. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  12. #12447
    On a Mission… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Rumors ain't worth isht.

    Has anyone gone back to see just how accurate she's been in the past? Or do they just assume "well, this time she could be right!"

  13. #12448
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Rumors ain't worth isht.

    Has anyone gone back to see just how accurate she's been in the past? Or do they just assume "well, this time she could be right!"
    Let’s not forget Marvel themselves came out and said that she’s full of shit when she said they were gonna have a cgi Chadwick. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  14. #12449
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    You just know they're going to credit Shuri for inventing it
    You take that back! Uh, please.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

  15. #12450
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Rumors ain't worth isht.

    Has anyone gone back to see just how accurate she's been in the past? Or do they just assume "well, this time she could be right!"
    I mean of course she is full of isht, but 3 of the 5 thing's are more so kinda obvious just from what we know, or female Centric due to there literally being no males cast and the others are dead (in movie or literally). Of Namor is the villain obviously it's going to be the women vs Jim because there is no one else other than M'Baku, and the funeral scene... Until something is official I will treat it as a hypothetical

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •