Page 912 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 412812862902908909910911912913914915916922962 ... LastLast
Results 13,666 to 13,680 of 15079

Yo, it's a block party, I can dig it. Gonna grab it on Black Friday. Wonder how many variants are out there?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

FINALLY! I get to feel excited about anything BP after it felt like ages. I loved the first issue.

Cape being back makes me very, very happy

5A1E7893-D7BC-486B-A680-D300E47BE366.jpg
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The past year has been rough but it feels good to talk about something positive regarding T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cape being back makes me very, very happy

5A1E7893-D7BC-486B-A680-D300E47BE366.jpg
    Watch the spoilers please. Some people haven't read it yet

Astonishing Member

Really enjoyed this, strong first issue. I also feel a lot more comfortable about Ridley bringing Storm into this.

spoilers:
    Looks like those of you who wanted T’Challa to plant Gentle as a sleeper agent on Krakoa might end up getting exactly what you want given the nature of this story is all about T’Challa planting sleeper agents amongst countries he sees as potential threats. No way is Krakoa not on that list. If T’Challa holds firm to Storm the same way he held firm to Shuri, his agent, the prime minister, and Cap then I’m actually going to enjoy a T’Challa/Storm meeting for the first time in ages.
    end of spoilers

One bit in particular I like is the way Ridley is examining the drawbacks of democracy. Looks like he might actually do something interesting with what Coates set up and failed to deliver on.

spoilers:
    That bit about democracies pretending to be free and fair while dictators don’t pretend to be anything other than what they are is an interesting critique.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I still wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to them meeting. I kinda look at it like KIB, where Storm’s presence makes sense but wasn’t necessary at all and probably could’ve been used on something else more interesting. Redjack had said he wanted to include a scene of T’Challa leading his men to the capital through a horde of symbiotes.

I would’ve much preferred a panel or two of that than him thinking about Storm in the beginning. Especially when she didn’t think about him AT ALL during the event. I’d much rather Ridley show T’Challa taking his swagger over to Latveria or Lemuria over another retread of the Storm thing. It’s dominated way too much conversation around the character lately. Not everything needs to lead back to mutants IMO. One of the good things about Storm in her role as Regent is she hasn’t said a damn thing about Wakanda outside when BP writers obsessively include her in their stories. BP should be given that same independence.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-24-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:

The Parliament doesn't both me in principle (setting aside Coates, under T'Challa and Shuri Wakanda has (due to event fever) lurched from one catastrophe to the next, so something did have to give) as is questioning the value of democracy in this age where its creaking; but the fact that it's story purpose is clearly to fail and power to revert to T'Challa and family is a tad obvious.

Also, speaking as a guy from a parliamentary democracy, no way would the PM actually be chairing the parliament directly.

As for the spy, part of me hope its due to Storm planting Beast's surveillance devices. Maybe such a betrayal will put a stake in the vampire that pairing has become.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Watch the spoilers please. Some people haven't read it yet
    Apologies I figured the cropped photo would be ok to post since T’Challa and Shuri talking didn’t seem that exciting or spoil worthy. I’ll wait longer next time.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    I still wouldn’t say I’m looking forward to them meeting. I kinda look at it like KIB, where Storm’s presence makes sense but wasn’t necessary at all and probably could’ve been used on something else more interesting. Redjack had said he wanted to include a scene of T’Challa leading his men to the capital through a horde of symbiotes.

I would’ve much preferred a panel or two of that than him thinking about Storm in the beginning. Especially when she didn’t think about him AT ALL during the event. I’d much rather Ridley show T’Challa taking his swagger over to Latveria or Lemuria over another retread of the Storm thing. It’s dominated way too much conversation around the character lately. Not everything needs to lead back to mutants IMO. One of the good things about Storm in her role as Regent is she hasn’t said a damn thing about Wakanda outside when BP writers obsessively include her in their stories. BP should be given that same independence.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I getcha but for a run seemingly poised to be as focused on geopolitics as this issue sets up, can’t really ignore the second most powerful nation on Earth. Especially since Krakoa declared itself to be in charge of the solar system. Way it’s set up I can’t see the relationship between the two being anything but an America vs. China scenario which holds a lot of potential. T’Challa meeting Storm now has political stakes since he has to be careful about how he handles a nation that could seriously threaten Wakanda’s interests. After the first issue I’m not worried about how Ridley handles the two of them, he writes T’Challa as someone who doesn’t just roll over when challenged and can hold his own in a debate as well as a fight. Would set more minds at ease if he gave T’Challa a LI however, I definitely don’t want Storm taking that role back.
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All heads of state omit the truth.

Eventually Storm will have similar decisions to make if they keep the status quo long enough.

He never lied, just didn't tell anyone lol.

And it will 100% come back to bite him in the ass. That's the point.
    How they handle it if/when it happens is what I want to see. Something was stolen from Wakanda with no severe repercussions.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    When it comes back to him, T'Challa will deal with it. Hopefully he'll deal with it like the warrior king he is.
    One can argue that it already did.
    And he is dealing with it like the warrior king he is.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Apologies I figured the cropped photo would be ok to post since T’Challa and Shuri talking didn’t seem that exciting or spoil worthy. I’ll wait longer next time.

spoilers:
    I getcha but for a run seemingly poised to be as focused on geopolitics as this issue sets up, can’t really ignore the second most powerful nation on Earth. Especially since Krakoa declared itself to be in charge of the solar system. Way it’s set up I can’t see the relationship between the two being anything but an America vs. China scenario which holds a lot of potential. T’Challa meeting Storm now has political stakes since he has to be careful about how he handles a nation that could seriously threaten Wakanda’s interests. After the first issue I’m not worried about how Ridley handles the two of them, he writes T’Challa as someone who doesn’t just roll over when challenged and can hold his own in a debate as well as a fight. Would set more minds at ease if he gave T’Challa a LI however, I definitely don’t want Storm taking that role back.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Too bad Marvel has washed their hand s clean of the Inhumans. I would’ve loved to see how T’Challa interacts with Attilan for this kind of story
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    spoilers:
    Too bad Marvel has washed their hand s clean of the Inhumans. I would’ve loved to see how T’Challa interacts with Attilan for this kind of story
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It would certainly help that Black Bolt is one of the few people not suffering from an inexplicable fondness for Marvel's OG overindulged murderous psychopath, who explicitly wants a round 4 with Wakanda
    end of spoilers

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    All heads of state omit the truth.

Eventually Storm will have similar decisions to make if they keep the status quo long enough.

He never lied, just didn't tell anyone lol.

And it will 100% come back to bite him in the ass. That's the point.
    but thats the thing shuri directly calls him out and describes what he has done as lies. I just don't want that to be his thing, being so guarded when he has parole around him who have shown him he has his back. I mean there is no reason why shuri should have been in the dark in the regard.

it doesn't have to come back to bite him if he has the right people in his corner but that requires him being open to those people about his situation he's created.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-24-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

that it was so few people, and occurred so long ago, does give the impression that this was an early project that T'Challa might have tired after exiling Hunter and his men that didn't work out as planned

I liked the first issue. Interested to see where it goes. Hope sells are good.