Page 914 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 414814864904910911912913914915916917918924964 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 15079

so.....

the sex slavery camps have been completely eliminated?

... and if there are still a few left..
    It's the parliament to blame, right? Not T'Challa?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    I think Ridley is keenly aware that democracy and Wakanda are oxymorons which is why he’s having T’Challa express that and unashamedly showing the limitations of the system. Unlike Coates, who seemed to have no real criticisms of Western-style governance or culture, Ridley’s having T’Challa express a distinctly ruler-oriented viewpoint that centers spirituality and authority over the often chaotic will of the people. It’s a decidedly non-Western worldview and the kind of talk you’d expect from someone who is often steeped in tradition. For all his radical changes to Wakandan society, T’Challa was raised a king and unlike Coates, Ridley is putting that at the forefront in a way that’s sure to be off-putting to fans and the MU alike. If he absolutely had to keep the Wakandan parliament this was the way to do it.

The fact he’s also shows a commoner in Akili express similar views shows the reality is far more complex than Coates originally had readers believe. Wakandan democracy doesn’t magically fix all the issues people had with their country and democracy isn’t going to be what saves Wakanda, only T’Challa can do that. To me that’s gonna be a core theme of this run. But I also don’t think Marvel’s gonna fully endorse T’Challa’s belief in what is essentially autocracy. The truth is somewhere in the middle like a lot of political issues.
    end of spoilers
    I wouldn't want Tchalla to be definitively autocratic b cause it makes him seem forceful and dictatorial to his people.

It would have been better if the Wakanda people (normal folk, scientists, mystics, some elders and even the Wakanda gods) whom many tend to challenge Tchalla....but ultimately belief in the Royal Family being a part of Wakanda and not above it, if u get my meaning.

Also a sense of honorable humility to the Wakandan people where he ....despite being king...chooses to accept punishment from the council of elders or parliament of chiefs for any massive failures of leadership which cost Wakanda dearly.

But this has to be Tchalla himself who volunteers to show his great honor to his kingdom and how high he hold himself accountable to Wakanda.

Of course during all this a story or plots can arise where he redeems himself in the eyes of Wakandans by singularly saving Wakanda or even the entire world.

The punishment can be anything....Tchalla will endure it after which he will face the courts of his former BPs, Wakanda gods and parliament of elders. This should be what the Supreme Court of Wakanda should look like.

I love Tchalla as king and want him to stay as such but he needs to show accountability to his Wakanda beyond just petulant sulking so that the ordinary Wakandans folk feel more of a connection, awe or deep respect of him beyond just his royal Bashenga lineage.

We need to see more of him Walking amongst Wakandans and chatting, playing, eating with and or even working manually alongside common folks across the spectrum of Wakandans society (futurists, traditionalists, elders, mystics, simple folks, the young kids) from time to time.

I don't Tchalla to be such an autocrat/totalitarian king that seems far removed from most his people that they have no connection to him on a personal level. I miss the times when Wakandan folk looked at Tchalla as a living breathing inspiration.

I want Tchalla to be king because Wakandans WANT him to be their him not because he MUST be king.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    This is just my response to your post but I am just about to read Ridley's BP #1.

I am bored to near deaty with all this "pressures of leadership" hyper repetitive character degrading shite.... Wakanda is a tiny kingdom, Aquaman and Namor are kings of Atlantis whose power spans oceans repetitively.
    I mean, Aquaman has gone back on forth being king more than once no? Because of the pressure?

Namor's kingdom is like Kansas lol. Sure it spans oceans but there isn't anything there.... and he's never ever tried to help anyone. He hides in his water until he gets pissed every 10 years, floods some ****, then goes back down there lol. And nobody wants anything from atlantis. And the city is naturally hard to get to.

Wakanda has something ltos of people want (vibraium and other tech), T'challa actively opened the country to try and help the world, T'challa actively joins super hero teams to help the world, and Wakanda IS tiny... if too many people got on board to blow it away, they probably could pull it off by pure numbers. And T'challa decisions to help eople isn't even super popular to his own people .

But, anyway, the gist of the issue is that T'challa wasn't burdened by it at all. He lived for it and was actually kinda pissed at the new folks lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I mean, Aquaman has gone back on forth being king more than once no? Because of the pressure?

Namor's kingdom is like Kansas lol. Sure it spans oceans but there isn't anything there.... and he's never ever tried to help anyone. He hides in his water until he gets pissed every 10 years, floods some ****, then goes back down there lol. And nobody wants anything from atlantis. And the city is naturally hard to get to.

Wakanda has something ltos of people want (vibraium and other tech), T'challa actively opened the country to try and help the world, T'challa actively joins super hero teams to help the world, and Wakanda IS tiny... if too many people got on board to blow it away, they probably could pull it off by pure numbers. And T'challa decisions to help eople isn't even super popular to his own people .

But, anyway, the gist of the issue is that T'challa wasn't burdened by it at all. He lived for it and was actually kinda pissed at the new folks lol
    See now I am curious if Wakanda would be overrun if too many got on board to destroy Wakanda if it would actually happen now... Because he has the resources of the IGEW now. I don't think the earth would be successful now. Wakanda was already hard enough to conquer just as is being the size of new Jersey, Now? I'm not so sure they could. Not without some major PIS to do so

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I haven't been here for a while, but I just wanted to say one thing...

"I live for this."

Really liked the first issue. Love paranoid T'Challa.

I want TChalla to always be a king. But ruling an empire in outer space might be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

"I live for this."

Missed you Blind Wedjat! Welcome back!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

"I live for this."

Welcome back Wedjat. I'll admit it's been rough around here recently, but this gives us something GOOD to finally talk about and be excited for. It literally feels like its been 3 years just about since we had something to genuinely be excited about other then a few snippets here and there regarding T'Challa

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Welcome back Wedjat. I'll admit it's been rough around here recently, but this gives us something GOOD to finally talk about and be excited for. It literally feels like its been 3 years just about since we had something to genuinely be excited about other then a few snippets here and there regarding T'Challa
    I really hope this new series lives up to our expectations. So good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Missed you Blind Wedjat! Welcome back!
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I want TChalla to always be a king. But ruling an empire in outer space might be even better.
    You know, this just made me realize that Coates entire space storyline could have been Marvel's DUNE. What a missed opportunity.

That's in the past now. Hopefully better things to come.

Since today is thanksgiving, have we ever gotten any confirmation on what T’Challas favorite food is? Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I think it's Pizza but I can't remember why I think that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So far the tone of the book screams "Hunter was Right".
    Tchalla seems to be entertaining the same ideas.
    So I really hope he return into the fold.
    I love the supporting cast. Wakanda actually feels like it has moving parts.
    The Bead work was AWESOME! I actually yelp out in excitement. " Like finally! "
    One thing T'Challa seems to have overlooked is that these of schemes always need a fall guy, even if its not used.

Hunter was, aside from anything else, clearly the easy to disavow stooge for T'Chaka and S'Yan both internally and internationally; and I don't think there were any illusions about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so.....

the sex slavery camps have been completely eliminated?

... and if there are still a few left..
    It's the parliament to blame, right? Not T'Challa?
    I'm sure they're putting together a commission to work on that.

Anyone think T’Challa should interact with Maahes at some point?

Depending on the story he’s the son of Bast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Anyone think T’Challa should interact with Maahes at some point?

Depending on the story he’s the son of Bast.
    I think we've had enough of dealing with Wakandan deities for a while.