Page 645 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, I've been playing MUA3 with my two kids (6 and 9).

9 year olds favorite character is Spider-Man (Parker).

You get Spider-Man really early in the game. But... you then get Miles soon after.

9 year old now plays with Miles exclusively because his powers are cooler and he likes his costume. Now Miles is his favorite character. (kids are fickle).

6 year old was playing with Hulk but switched to "Scratchy" aka Wolverine. Because he thinks he's cooler.

This is the power of video games and branding and why keeping Black Panther as a late game addition and DLC and other bullshit (like not being in commercials) is a F'ing fail. You have to build the brand early and often.
    Miles has "better" moves in game and is more shiny, same with Wolvie.
    When they grow up do you think they'll switch back, most older(not teens) people do prefer Peter over Miles.
    As you said young people are fickle, but even most of the teens kinda let go of the "shiny" factor and get into character which is where Peter and T'challa would thrive.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 05:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem is at this point it's nothing but a toxic relationship. That's how it's treated by x office, hell even Coates made it toxic too by having T'Challa taking all the blame for the failure of the marriage and pining for Storm hard. The only benefactor of them being together has been Storm. She got her history fleshed out via Hudlin, a goddess power up under Coates, then the whole mauradurs situation which again was tied to her taking a weapon from Wakanda. What has T'Challa gotten? Nothing really at all.

They can move on T'Challa doesn't need her in his franchise, they can be cordial and talk every so often but let him move on. The ship has sailed, been torched, and sunk to the Mariana trench where it was crushed under the immense pressure
    Yeah that Storm breaking into Wakanda to steal was messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    When they grow up do you think they'll switch back, most older(not teens) people do prefer Peter over Miles.
    As you said young people are fickle, but even most of the teens kinda let go of the "shiny" factor and get into character which is where Peter and T'challa would thrive.
    Who knows

the 9 year old is currently reading a book that is about the Champions (it isn't called that but that is who it is... Miles, Squirrel Girl, Kamala, Sam, Cho. some half chapter book half graphic novel thing)

Miles has a lot more exposure these days. If you told started a debate saying Miles is the most popular black character at Marvel, I don't know if I would disagree a ton.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Who knows

the 9 year old is currently reading a book that is about the Champions (it isn't called that but that is who it is... Miles, Squirrel Girl, Kamala, Sam, Cho. some half chapter book half graphic novel thing)

Miles has a lot more exposure these days. If you told started a debate saying Miles is the most popular black character at Marvel, I don't know if I would disagree a ton.
    With a Spider-Verse sequel on the way, having an acclaimed videogame, appearing in various Spider-Man cartoons, appearing in comics outside his own, and will likely be showing up in the MCU soon while T'Challa will likely be gone post What if, calling Miles the most popular black hero from the Big 2 is a given at this point. I love Miles but I want to see T'Challa get the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With a Spider-Verse sequel on the way, having an acclaimed videogame, appearing in various Spider-Man cartoons, appearing in comics outside his own, and will likely be showing up in the MCU soon while T'Challa will likely be gone post What if, calling Miles the most popular black hero from the Big 2 is a given at this point. I love Miles but I want to see T'Challa get the same treatment.
    With the way they're going, you might be right. Miles is already connected to a popular franchise, has a good solo, great animated debut, a lot of buzz around Miles.

T'Challa? Not a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    With the way they're going, you might be right. Miles is already connected to a popular franchise, has a good solo, great animated debut, a lot of buzz around Miles.

T'Challa? Not a whole lot.
    Even the Miles hate has calmed down considerably. That segment of Parker Fans seemingly gave up.

Dude really just needs an MCU movie and solidify it.

As a Miles fan, I also feel like, in the comic world, he needs an epic story. He has some good ones but nothing thta I would go, "GO READ XYZ!" sort of thing.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Even the Miles hate has calmed down considerably. That segment of Parker Fans seemingly gave up.

As a Miles fan, I also feel like, in the comic world, he needs an epic story. He has some good ones but nothing thta I would go, "GO READ XYZ!" sort of thing.
    They have to be careful and not retread Peter's stories with Mile's too closely. They just did the Miles version of the Clone Saga. It wasn't bad but like you said it wasn't a "wow!" story. They need to nail down a definitive Miles villain like Norman is to Pete. And his rogues should be memorable as well. I think Selim is a keeper.

A problem I've noticed with Miles is that his some of his stories tend to crib Peter's. When he was first introduced, he was fighting some of Peter's old villains and got some of his supporting cast, I don't know if it's as much now as it was then, but I do know that he just went through his own version of the clone saga. The kid needs some umph, something that really, definitively sets him apart.

Speaking of Miles, I think he’s long overdue for a team up with T’Challa. No IGEW doesn’t count.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    A problem I've noticed with Miles is that his some of his stories tend to crib Peter's. When he was first introduced, he was fighting some of Peter's old villains and got some of his supporting cast, I don't know if it's as much now as it was then, but I do know that he just went through his own version of the clone saga. The kid needs some umph, something that really, definitively sets him apart.
    It doesn't help MCU Spider-Man stole Ganke from him for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Speaking of Miles, I think he’s long overdue for a team up with T’Challa. No IGEW doesn’t count.
    Can't do that, BP writers hate fun

Right? It seems like a no-brainer for Marvel to have two if their most popular black heroes team up. Their two OSCAR winning/nominated black heroes.

He'll team up with Wolverine before BP if he hasn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

I’ve already beaten MUA 3 a while ago. TChalla was my favorite and always on my team. He was my closer with the Vibranium slash. I used to spam that move for killing bosses. I wish TChalla’s durability was better on the game, and it should be considering his suit. His omnidirectional blast move comes in handy sometimes too. I also used Deadpool a lot, I added Blade to the team because I’m a fan of his too. All around it’s a good game, I just stopped playing it so much after I unlocked Cable and beat the game. MUA 3 is the best in the series though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He'll team up with Wolverine before BP if he hasn't already.
    Well he has teamed up with Laura and OML but I don't think he has ever met 616 Logan.

Extraordinary Member

Who knows

Yeah, current champions is pretty bad plot wise rn. Don't know about the graphic novel thing you mention.
    Miles does have a lot of exposure and push and I would say he is the most popular black character rn but Peter is the most popular period.Can't replace him.
    I just want them to do whatever they do with Miles and Peter respectfully.Every Miles focus sh*ts on Peter man.

1)Comics:1610 Peter killed, 616 lowballed in team-ups and can't aim at stationary targets to make Miles look good.
    2)ITSV:Broken Peter needed for Miles to have a purpose.It works and Peter B. parker is great but still.
    3)Game:Peter who could previously handle Rhino with others can't handle him and gets wrecked.Then is shoved off for the game.

Miles only seems to work by pushing Peter down and that's not gonna fly.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-30-2021 at 09:29 AM.