Page 230 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330730 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This reminds me of Hickman Steve

"I don't know the way out of this problem. But figure it out everyone else! And until then, I will be confidently unwavering that the right way is the only way! And don't you dare think of any alternatives or contingencies!"

Is this the first time steve and tchalla have acted like good friends since... ????
    Pre Secret Wars? Idk. I know T'Challa showed up in Coates' Cap run but I haven't read the series.

Incredible Member

As soon as I saw the first kimoyo bead I rolled my eyes. That alone cements my total ambivalence towards anything Wakanda-related in the MCU.

^^^^^^^^^

Yup. Felt even weirder than I anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Pre Secret Wars? Idk. I know T'Challa showed up in Coates' Cap run but I haven't read the series.
    Yeah they fought together but I don't remember it being super friendly bro time

It is hilarious though... that was the best Coates every wrote T'challa. In Caps books. completely bizarre lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Saw the latest episode of falcon and Winter Soldier. And now I’m angry and depressed all over again. *heavy sighs*
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Saw the latest episode of falcon and Winter Soldier. And now I’m angry and depressed all over again. *heavy sighs*
    Pretty much how I felt. Was excited then remembered no more T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Pretty much how I felt. Was excited then remembered no more T'Challa.
    Hey, at least if something happens and

spoilers:
    She gets jobbed and Zemo gets away... I don't have to be pissed about it lol. Disrespect Wakanda all they want, I don't care. Have bucky punch a hole in her chest... who cares lol. Team White Wolf!
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Thought you all weren't supposed to be following the MCU anymore?

Seeing a lot of comments about it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post

I ain't watching any MCU material apart from Shang Chi, Doctor Strange 2 and Blade.

This just popped into my Twitter news feed and got me annoyed. Apart from that, I don't know what's going on in the show as well as what happened in Wandavision.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-02-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I ain't watching any MCU material apart from Shang Chi, Doctor Strange 2 and Blade.

This just popped into my Twitter news feed and got me annoyed. Apart from that, I don't what's going on in the show as well has what happened in Wandavision.
    But you felt the need to comment about it? In the thread that got called Tchalla specifically because people were afraid that if the thread was just called BP like the last one it would be an endorsement of Shuri become MCU black panther.

I ignored that reasoning and comment about other related things, but I figured you all would hold the line. lol

But you felt the need to comment about it? In the thread that got called Tchalla specifically because people were afraid that if the thread was just called BP like the last one it would be an endorsement of Shuri become MCU black panther.

I ignored that reasoning and comment about other related things, but I figured you all would hold the line. lol
    I didn't know there was a restriction to me commenting about anything that is not T'Challa or related to him. SMH
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-02-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Even if Marvel Studios HAD wanted to go with Shuri as BP the actress in question sabotaged that herself a while ago.

They are likely gonna do what many properties did with Camelot and King Arthur. "King Arthur is too busy with X to deal with Y so he sent Sir Fill in the Blank in his stead".

I only said I'm not going to the theaters to watch BP2 as the idea of it does not bring me joy.

I 100% said I was excited by other properties, especially Fal/WS. I've been pretty consistent with that. I know marvel2100 has been as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Even if Marvel Studios HAD wanted to go with Shuri as BP the actress in question sabotaged that herself a while ago.

They are likely gonna do what many properties did with Camelot and King Arthur. "King Arthur is too busy with X to deal with Y so he sent Sir Fill in the Blank in his stead".
    eh, I don't think they care. I think they told her to get off twitter or else.

If they are going to call the movie, "black panther," I think there will be a black panther. And Shuri makes the most sense.

Incredible Member

Lol @ some of these replies.
    It was a cool scene and I can't wait to see more of Ayo..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    eh, I don't think they care. I think they told her to get off twitter or else.

If they are going to call the movie, "black panther," I think there will be a black panther. And Shuri makes the most sense.
    Idk, they’ll probably put her in the mantle but it’s clear Disney sees the real appeal of BP as the world of Wakanda, not any singular character unlike literally every other solo superhero IP they have, where you have main focal point from which the franchise builds. It’s why you see the supporting casts/legacies slowly built up rather than put on display all at once like the first BP movie. Shuri would be a weak lead going forward, kept around to keep the BP name in circulation and get some good PR (first black female superhero lead).

But with the Wakanda D+ show(s) and a desire to push other characters like Okoye and M’Baku, I don’t think Shuri will be the same driver of the franchise that T’Challa was, especially if this arrangement is temporary and they plan on recasting for the 3rd film. The next BP will be a bigger ensemble than the first and I see it becoming viewed a lot like black Star Wars or Game of Thrones. Seeing as I only really care about the comics at this point, we’ll see how that impacts how writers approach the franchise in the future.

Anyways, that Curse of the Man-Thing story was really solid. Orlando is an underrated writer and I liked his overall take on T’Challa, we got to see the HZ and between that appearance and Taskmaster appearance I like how their competence is highlighted. T’Challa is a cerebral leader as compared to someone like Cap or Ms. Marvel but he can certainly command people while in the field and that was communicated really well.