Page 305 of 391 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5855
  1. #4561
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see what you mean, although IMO Nakia wasn't interesting enough. His love interest should be a fully realized character and not just a "girlfriend."

    I fear it might be too late in T'Challa's history to suddenly give him a new romantic partner to develop over the next few years. Not impossible, maybe, but unlikely, if that makes sense. I'm not bothered if he doesn't, but if he does, the comics need to actually commit to it. If the romance doesn't go anywhere, I'm not sure what would be the point

    I wonder why they never considered pairing him up with a female Avenger.
    If Monica remains an item with Adam, maybe Misty Knight wouldn’t be too bad of a choice.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  2. #4562
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If Monica remains an item with Adam, maybe Misty Knight wouldn’t be too bad of a choice.
    Has BP interacted with her at all? I've never seen them together.

  3. #4563
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Has BP interacted with her at all? I've never seen them together.
    They were on the crew together during Coates’ run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  4. #4564
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    They were on the crew together during Coates’ run.
    Ok. I need to finish Coates' run.

    IMO it might seem odd to stick them together. His previous romance didn't seem to work

  5. #4565
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I need to finish Coates' run.

    IMO it might seem odd to stick them together. His previous romance didn't seem to work
    It happens within the first twelve issues. Sounds like you haven't started. Lol. Which is for the best.

    He also took a call from her in Villains for Hire. I'm not sure if they talked to each other in BP & the Crew.

  6. #4566
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see what you mean, although IMO Nakia wasn't interesting enough. His love interest should be a fully realized character and not just a "girlfriend."

    I fear it might be too late in T'Challa's history to suddenly give him a new romantic partner to develop over the next few years. Not impossible, maybe, but unlikely, if that makes sense. I'm not bothered if he doesn't, but if he does, the comics need to actually commit to it. If the romance doesn't go anywhere, I'm not sure what would be the point

    I wonder why they never considered pairing him up with a female Avenger.
    Well again nuNakia had potential. She was a soldier, and could actually handle herself in combat and didn't carry the baggage of old Nakia. The problem is that Coates had wasted everyone's time building back the relationship with storm (which got torched immediately in a 2nd tier x book) instead of a franchise native Character that writers will have fill control over this keeping her from being frakked with.

    It's not too late to have him meet someone and develop a relationship. He has existing LI already and Characters that can fall into the role easily. My idea was simply what I would do in order for it to feel organic and develop I to something without it being rushed. I wouldn't have then Instantly jump into a relationship, but all throughout from the time they meet and till they get together, the attraction would be clear, as would the sexual tension.

    Basically the romance hasn't gone anywhere in 15 years because Storm was the LI and she doesn't belong to the franchise. It's not too late though

  7. #4567
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,752

    Default

    No more "power" couples. It just leads to BP being sidelined in his own book.

    If they ever go the love interest again (love interest, not fling, BP can have flings I don't give a shit lol), needs to be a 100% controlled BP mythos character. So either a new character, someone like Malakai, or join team #bringbackMonica
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #4568
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    It happens within the first twelve issues. Sounds like you haven't started. Lol. Which is for the best.

    He also took a call from her in Villains for Hire. I'm not sure if they talked to each other in BP & the Crew.
    I've read some of the previous BP comics a whole ago, as well as a lot of his appearances in team ups. I'm still curious to check out Coates' run

  9. #4569
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No more "power" couples. It just leads to BP being sidelined in his own book.

    If they ever go the love interest again (love interest, not fling, BP can have flings I don't give a shit lol), needs to be a 100% controlled BP mythos character. So either a new character, someone like Malakai, or join team #bringbackMonica
    I like Nnendi's original university girlfriend. I just make her geneticists or doctor. Something that would complement Tchalla science so they could work on projects together.

  10. #4570
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well again nuNakia had potential. She was a soldier, and could actually handle herself in combat and didn't carry the baggage of old Nakia. The problem is that Coates had wasted everyone's time building back the relationship with storm (which got torched immediately in a 2nd tier x book) instead of a franchise native Character that writers will have fill control over this keeping her from being frakked with.

    It's not too late to have him meet someone and develop a relationship. He has existing LI already and Characters that can fall into the role easily. My idea was simply what I would do in order for it to feel organic and develop I to something without it being rushed. I wouldn't have then Instantly jump into a relationship, but all throughout from the time they meet and till they get together, the attraction would be clear, as would the sexual tension.

    Basically the romance hasn't gone anywhere in 15 years because Storm was the LI and she doesn't belong to the franchise. It's not too late though
    Him and Storm was probably doomed to fail. Honestly it's hard for me to get invested into couples anyway, because they never seem to last. I feel T'Challa should've had a Lois Lane-type character from the start

  11. #4571
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    11,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Him and Storm was probably doomed to fail. Honestly it's hard for me to get invested into couples anyway, because they never seem to last. I feel T'Challa should've had a Lois Lane-type character from the start
    Understandable, and even when they do last, some idiots higher-up then split them up because "it's getting stale" or some B.S. like that. It's a pain.

    On another note, congrats to The Black Panther Appreciation Thread for making it past 300 pages!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #4572
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Him and Storm was probably doomed to fail. Honestly it's hard for me to get invested into couples anyway, because they never seem to last. I feel T'Challa should've had a Lois Lane-type character from the start
    It was, but only because c office wasn't playing Ball. They acted like a child who saw another kid playing with a toy they didn't even care about.

    T'Challa does have that type of Character. Her name is Monica Lynne. They were engaged and everything. Read Don Mcgregors Panthers rage. It's not too late for her to come back either but I don't wanted a Character that too easily can fall into damsel in distress role Because she isn't a warrior and becomes a liability constantly

  13. #4573
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I need to finish Coates' run.

    IMO it might seem odd to stick them together. His previous romance didn't seem to work
    I think a Misty/T’Challa romance could work if done right. Helps that like Monica, she’s not tied to any particular franchise. And since KIB shows that T’Challa has Klaw’s arm cannon, imagine if Misty and T’Challa were dating and he decides to give that arm of hers a little upgrade with said cannon.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  14. #4574
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No more "power" couples. It just leads to BP being sidelined in his own book.

    If they ever go the love interest again (love interest, not fling, BP can have flings I don't give a shit lol), needs to be a 100% controlled BP mythos character. So either a new character, someone like Malakai, or join team #bringbackMonica
    It’s really sad when you actually think about it. You almost never hear Aquaman fans worry about Mera being made into the star of Aquaman solo, same goes for Green Arrow, Nightwing, and other fanbases lol. Because the writers that come onto those titles seem to understand that while it’s great to have highly competent, dynamic love interests for certain heroes, they shouldn’t be the star of the book. At absolute best, they’re co-stars never to completely outshine the hero who’s name is on the title.

    For whatever reason (I can think of a couple) T’Challa gets saddled with writers more interested in Storm, the Dora, and whichever female character they’re trying to push, which results in him getting underwritten and sidelined. And when the narrative eventually circles back to him (as it did in the IGEW story) it becomes obvious that the writer has no idea how to make T’Challa dynamic or interesting without their pet characters driving the story and dominating all the story beats.

    That’s not to say Monica Lynne can’t theoretically be forced into being the lead of the solo, but the chances are much less likely than if Storm is the love interest because some writers can’t control themselves when she’s in the book. Keep the love interest “boring”, between Okoye and Shuri we have more than enough badass women that can get focus in the field without detracting from T’Challa. A BP romance can be interesting without a warrior queen and after over a decade of trying and failing to give him a “Mera” a “Lois Lane” would be an appreciated change of pace.

  15. #4575
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Understandable, and even when they do last, some idiots higher-up then split them up because "it's getting stale" or some B.S. like that. It's a pain.

    On another note, congrats to The Black Panther Appreciation Thread for making it past 300 pages!
    Like what happened to Spider-Man. As if repeating the other story beats over again isn't stale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It was, but only because c office wasn't playing Ball. They acted like a child who saw another kid playing with a toy they didn't even care about.

    T'Challa does have that type of Character. Her name is Monica Lynne. They were engaged and everything. Read Don Mcgregors Panthers rage. It's not too late for her to come back either but I don't wanted a Character that too easily can fall into damsel in distress role Because she isn't a warrior and becomes a liability constantly
    I remember Monica Lynne. Didn't she die? And why didn't the X-office like the romance?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think a Misty/T’Challa romance could work if done right. Helps that like Monica, she’s not tied to any particular franchise. And since KIB shows that T’Challa has Klaw’s arm cannon, imagine if Misty and T’Challa were dating and he decides to give that arm of hers a little upgrade with said cannon.
    Misty Knight was in a couple with Iron Fist, but I think they've ended it. I haven't read much of either two

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •