Page 828 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 328728778818824825826827828829830831832838878928 ... LastLast
Results 12,406 to 12,420 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I know I've cared too much about internet hate in the past.

However, do people realize the double hate this movie could potential receive by having "Shuri replace T'Challa and Riri replace Tony"

The movie is going to have to be on point because its setting up so much backlash. And it wont have the same strong support in the past because people upset about losing T'Challa wont fight back to stop the hate.
    Yeah this whole things gonna get messy due to Marvel sacrificing one form of representation for another instead of having everyone eat like in the original. Not helping matters is that people who want T’Challa recast often get accused of sexism right off the bat so those people better not be surprised when those they hounded decide to not take any part in the inevitable discourse.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It’s Eden.
    Is Gentle or Eden even high enough in the heirarchy to be worth anything to T'challa?

I quit followng the X books a long time ago... is it still ruled by like 10 mutants?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is Gentle or Eden even high enough in the heirarchy to be worth anything to T'challa?

I quit followng the X books a long time ago... is it still ruled by like 10 mutants?
    I fell off of the X-Books too so I guess one of these comics explained youtubers are your best bet. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Eden is one of the Six, a division leader of S.W.O.R.D. For about an issue & a half, he was cool.

Of course, in Coates's world, he can drop everything to save Wakanda, and Ewing turned S.W.O.R.D. into a "look how cool Storm is!" book, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    It's called Plot that's all.
    Coates did a number on a lot of BP FANS.
    I didn't know the name of the franchise was Plot. I thought it was called Black Panther, and ya know, T'Challa IS the Black Panther and all, whose role is to protect and rule Wakanda... Clearly our mistake for thinking that right...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Is Hudlin the last time T'Challa was actually happy and loved by his country in the comics?

I like Hickman too, he’s more recent. He would go out of his way to make TChalla look good. You could tell Hickman was a BP fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I like Hickman too, he’s more recent. He would go out of his way to make TChalla look good. You could tell Hickman was a BP fan.
    I would give anything to see a Hickman Black Panther run.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Hickman Panther was the definition of not happy though.

And he was openly disrespected by people in the war council and hell, and Backhand Barry grew balls that day and lost the ability to speak for 6 months afterwards lol.

Hickman Panther was fine (with some ... eh... moments) but he definitely wasn't happy or loved by Wakanda. He was treated more like he hung out in Necropolis like a creeper all the time lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And he was openly disrespected by people in the war council and hell, and Backhand Barry grew balls that day and lost the ability to speak for 6 months afterwards lol.

Hickman Panther was fine (with some ... eh... moments) but he definitely wasn't happy or loved by Wakanda. He was treated more like he hung out in Necropolis like a creeper all the time lol.

Hickmen panther was awesome. That entire thing was heavy in tone , and consequences. And gave me the inner royal struggle I've been looking for. From BP to Namor. To BP and Shuri.
    And Hickmen seems to understand TChalla The Scientist, The Warrior, The King The Man, The Wakandian.

Astonishing Member

Gentle could be Storm's bodyguard since they are said to be close even though most writers don't really play into their relationship. He could have some state secrets that Storm shares as a friend/mentor.

Eden like Digi said was interesting for half an issue in SWORD but despite being one the top agents he doesn't do much. Since SWORD and Storm are working close together I imagine Eden probably has some contact with her and may know a few things.

There's also the low possibility this has something to do with Muti, the only good mutant in the BP mythos lol. He seems like he'd really mess with Krakoan tech and would be able to completely breach their systems so if T'Challa sent him to Mars that'd be dope.

Astonishing Member

Yea Hickman's T'Challa was not happy. The people mocked him for speaking to ghosts. The Dora ratted him out to Shuri. His daddy said "No afterlife for you". Namor got the last laugh. I liked Hickman T'Challa for what it was and he's arguably the best example I can think of when people say deconstruction done right.

All the horrific **** he did to T'Challa but he still won at the end of the day and was left in a better place than where he started with some truly iconic moments along the way. Hickman's role in making T'Challa one of comics' most relevant characters today can't be understated. I get why people want a Hickman BP run and with the kinds of writer we tend to get on the book I think he'd be the most innovative writer since Priest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is just a short term issue. Long-term? There will be another T'Challa in the MCU.

I think we're freaking out alot when we just need to be patient.
    5 years in a darn eternity in the movie biz. Exhibit A is the Ghostbusters Franchise. Exhibit B is Spider Man franchise.

Two cases where the Stake holders started from scratch even while the last movie was fresh in people's minds. But they did it anyway because Money Now.

At a certain point when the Marvel Productions realize that they have gone 5+ Years without the characters from Phase 1 and 2, they will pull a soft reboot for characters like Cap, Iron Man and BP. They can do soft reboots now that they have TV shows and can launch shows into full movies after season one.

Maybe they do an Infinite Crisis/Secret War type Reboot and restart the entire MCU from zero. I don't know how non comics people will take to that, however.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

This gave me joy and also made me sad. You see the smile on this kids face, imitating T'Challa and here the MCU is going to take him away from him.
    CAK 💖💜💙
    @CAKinDC
    Every day for the past week, first thing in the morning, Jack comes in our room and asks if his Halloween costume came yet. It finally arrived.
    https://twitter.com/CAKinDC/status/1450943325712834561

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Hickmen panther was awesome. That entire thing was heavy in tone , and consequences. And gave me the inner royal struggle I've been looking for. From BP to Namor. To BP and Shuri.
    And Hickmen seems to understand TChalla The Scientist, The Warrior, The King The Man, The Wakandian.
    I'd change like... 2-3 moments and it could have been perfect. Those 2-3 moments where I feel like Hickman chose story over characters were HUGE moments though.

I mean... I like the run enough that I have the entire thing in trade form and I don't buy many trades lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea Hickman's T'Challa was not happy. The people mocked him for speaking to ghosts. The Dora ratted him out to Shuri. His daddy said "No afterlife for you". Namor got the last laugh. I liked Hickman T'Challa for what it was and he's arguably the best example I can think of when people say deconstruction done right.

All the horrific **** he did to T'Challa but he still won at the end of the day and was left in a better place than where he started with some truly iconic moments along the way. Hickman's role in making T'Challa one of comics' most relevant characters today can't be understated. I get why people want a Hickman BP run and with the kinds of writer we tend to get on the book I think he'd be the most innovative writer since Priest.
    And he had T'challa booty call it up before the end of the world lol. T'coates would never lol

There are two ways to "support a character".

The way Marvel wants is to "Buy everything that we put out with the character in it, so you can show us how popular the character is."

But that means that they can put out whatever dreck they like, and if anyone complains, they simply say "But look! See how well it's selling!"

And if it isn't selling, it's not because the product is bad, but because "the fans" aren't supporting it.

There's another method, though. Be critical and discerning. Only buy product that's worthy of consumption.

Let editorial know that they are responsible for creating stories worth reading.

Does that mean that, theoretically, you could go for month or years without a Black Panther book?

Yes. But the problem with believing "A bad book is better than no book" is that it leads to more bad books.

Does Marvel want to make money? Then they have to earn it.