Page 255 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think they should go more American and cast Denzel Washington son. He’s mainstream enough to bring in even more viewers and an excellent verbal and physical actor.

I haven't seen Tenet or the movie he did with Zendaya so I only know him from Ballers and the Spike Lee movie so he didn't scream T'Challa to me plus there was a pic posted here I think and it showed that he was the same height as Zendaya.

Before he was cast as Hawkman, Aldis Hodge topped list as worthy replacements to recast as T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That group does NOT care. She is black woman as the "lead" and that is all that matters.

Now if the movie bombs or really underperforms-line starts to the right of

"It's all black men fault."
    "Everyone in this thread to blame."
    "White supremacy"
    "China"
    "Republicans"
    "Should have had she who must not be named, Doom or Namor"

Not the fact that there is a lack of material.

And most of the new stuff is focusing on her NOT being Black Panther. It's showcasing HER as HERSELF.
    Or if it ends up being another Last Jedi/BvS where it makes money but the audience reception is either divided or negative.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I haven't seen Tenet or the movie he did with Zendaya so I only know him from Ballers and the Spike Lee movie so he didn't scream T'Challa to me plus there was a pic posted here I think and it showed that he was the same height as Zendaya.

Before he was cast as Hawkman, Aldis Hodge topped list as worthy replacements to recast as T'Challa
    ]
    He was good in Tenet. He has room to grow as an actor, but I think John makes a good TChalla.

I have a feeling that Black Adam is gonna send at least one member of the JSA to heavens gates by the end of his movie. So if Hawkman ends up being the unlucky one then that definitely frees up Hodge.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Or if it ends up being another Last Jedi/BvS where it makes money but the audience reception is either divided or negative.
    That's far more likely to happen than the film completely flopping. If anything not having T'Challa in the film and recognizing the passing of Boseman might increase interest in the sequel the way it did when Paul Walker's character made his last appearance in Furious 7, which I think is the most commercially successful installment in the franchise. Vastly different circumstances though so it's not a completely accurate comparison. The film could just as easily not be as big as they're expecting it to be, lightning in a bottle and all that plus the pandemic getting slightly better might make them overestimate the actual box office potential. Merchandise and other things are a factor as well. But still something worth thinking about.

Either way there's gonna be insane amounts of morbid curiosity to see how Disney gets rid of T'Challa and passes the torch, plus the whole matter of the sequel featuring Namor and/or Doom, who are gonna end up being significant players going forward. But let's say they botch the way they handle T'Challa's passing and audiences don't take to Shuri/Nakia/M'Baku in the mantle then I could see critical reception being divided enough that even if they had preferred not to, Disney brings T'Challa back for the third movie and say "this was always the plan".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I have a feeling that Black Adam is gonna send at least one member of the JSA to heavens gates by the end of his movie. So if Hawkman ends up being the unlucky one then that definitely frees up Hodge.
    There is talk of hawkman and black canary dceu spin-off shows
    The dceu movies and certain dc movies (like the batman) will have spin off shows.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hmmm id hafta go back and look. I didnt remember the dora being named. I probably got caught up in one of blue marvels soliloquies lol
    I don't remember which came first the Solo or ultimates but I know Ayo was there. Either way Aneka and Ayo were cooler in ultimates then they ever were in the Solo

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's far more likely to happen than the film completely flopping. If anything not having T'Challa in the film and recognizing the passing of Boseman might increase interest in the sequel the way it did when Paul Walker's character made his last appearance in Furious 7, which I think is the most commercially successful installment in the franchise. Vastly different circumstances though so it's not a completely accurate comparison. The film could just as easily not be as big as they're expecting it to be, lightning in a bottle and all that plus the pandemic getting slightly better might make them overestimate the actual box office potential. Merchandise and other things are a factor as well. But still something worth thinking about.

Either way there's gonna be insane amounts of morbid curiosity to see how Disney gets rid of T'Challa and passes the torch, plus the whole matter of the sequel featuring Namor and/or Doom, who are gonna end up being significant players going forward. But let's say they botch the way they handle T'Challa's passing and audiences don't take to Shuri/Nakia/M'Baku in the mantle then I could see critical reception being divided enough that even if they had preferred not to, Disney brings T'Challa back for the third movie and say "this was always the plan".
    I dunno, I think they really are underestimating how much c these characters shined because they were interacting with T'Challa and it was their relationship with him and the way Chad wore the hats that is what made the movie so good. No one watched thor or Im or Cap to see what pepper, agent 13, or Jane Foster were up to

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't remember which came first the Solo or ultimates but I know Ayo was there. Either way Aneka and Ayo were cooler in ultimates then they ever were in the Solo
    Ultimates #1 was in November of 2015, 5 months before Coates' run started.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dunno, I think they really are underestimating how much c these characters shined because they were interacting with T'Challa and it was their relationship with him and the way Chad wore the hats that is what made the movie so good. No one watched thor or Im or Cap to see what pepper, agent 13, or Jane Foster were up to
    We’ll have to see. If there’s one thing we see time and time again it’s that social media, YouTube, etc. are hardly the best indicator of what fans want or will support. Disney’s clearly banking on Shuri, Okoye, M’Baku, and the other characters to sell the franchise the same way Universal banked on the remaining characters of Fast and Furious in the wake of Walker’s untimely passing. No way to truly tell if that’s viable until they do it, but I tend to agree people overestimate how compelling these characters are without T’Challa to bounce off of.

M’Baku shined because he was a frenemy to T’Challa, a warrior of superior stature who made him a better man for his people. Shuri’s whole thing as the cute, science-oriented little sister doesn’t work as well without T’Challa to tease and crack jokes with. Nakia was barely needed in the first film and now her sole reason for existing is gone lol, and the list goes on. They’re gonna have to really focus on evolving the characters in the wake of T’Challa’s passing and developing entirely new relationships with each other, which is a big ask on top of dealing with some big new threat. We’ll see if Coogler and Feige can pull it off while still meeting the high expectations Disney’s gonna have for the sequel commercially.

Ultimate Member

I think BP2 can work if they build up the dynamic between Shuri and Okoye. I don't think the other characters are really necessary or memorable.

Extraordinary Member

I posted those pictures, and Zendaya is larger than JDW. JDW is slightly above Tom Holland, but both are small in stature compared to her.

Hodge was my pick for T'Challa before Boseman.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Ultimates #1 was in November of 2015, 5 months before Coates' run started.
    ... its been that long

Bast have mercy
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Speaking of Ultimates, Rocafort made the best habit to date IMO. Never really been a fan of the walking shadow with eyes design artist tend to give him.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Ultimates, Rocafort made the best habit to date IMO. Never really been a fan of the walking shadow with eyes design artist tend to give him.

That was a badass suit. Rocafort is one of the best artists in the industry. On another note, am I the only person who’s gonna miss the Stelfreeze side ears lol. And personally I’m a big fan of the strap over cape T’Challa had in his first appearance and the 80’s miniseries. Speaking of which happy birthday to our guy, Black Panther turns 55 today.