Page 490 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540590990 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Their bro name can be 'The Black Besties'
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    One good thing that came out of it was that T'CHalla and Black Bolt became friends somewhat. Reed is the only true friend that T'Challa has so glad to see that at least BP and BB are bros.
    More definitely should’ve been done to build on the obvious friendship and respect Hickman was hinting at between the two characters. The whole Nuhuman situation, the discovery of Inhuman city-states in Africa, ancient links between their two cultures, etc. All missed opportunities. I liked how your old BP run for AOM took advantage of the relationship between Wakanda and Attilan.

That’s the kind of stuff we should’ve been seeing now and then in the main BP title when the Inhuman push was at its height, but with that franchise getting pushed to the margins I guess it’s all moot lol. Hopefully when the MCU forces the comics to revive the Inhumans the BP writer fleshes out the Black Panther/Black Bolt dynamic, I could see them getting pushed as close, if not best friends. Or just friends because Bast knows T’Challa’s been missing that for a minute lol.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

You know....

Is this a chess move by Feige? I've been wondering why so little information (from major outlets) we've got on this film.

Comics Explained
    @comicsexplained
    Black Panther 2 is going to be the highest grossing MCU film to date. Everyone is going to want to see how they handle Chadwick Boseman passing.
    Obviously dont think it'll pass Endgame. However, if everything is back to normal could it pass the OG BP? Maybe. Ultimate chess move if this is why Feige and crew have been so silent.

It’s going to make money that’s a given. But movies don’t always out gross their predecessors whenever one of their actors pass away (looks at Last Jedi).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    You know....

Is this a chess move by Feige? I've been wondering why so little information (from major outlets) we've got on this film.

Obviously dont think it'll pass Endgame. However, if everything is back to normal could it pass the OG BP? Maybe. Ultimate chess move if this is why Feige and crew have been so silent.
    BP2 will be lucky to come close to making as much as the first movie, which I doubt it will.

We don't even know how Covid is affecting theaters fully yet.

How they handle Chadwick won't affect the BO at all because it will be leaked 2 hours after the movie is released. If not before. Depending on what they do, they may need to get ahead of the situation.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

You know....

It would of been difficult to pass the first film WITH Chadwick still around. Without him? Nah it ain't going to be the highest grossing movie. It will do well for marvel movie standpoints, but not having your lead and writing then out of the story and trying to continue on... probably not saying much becatthey have a monumental task ahead of them with a team whom had had barely anytime to grieve.

It will likely do Aquaman numbers or slightly higher. It definitely won't pass the first's $700 million+ US BO.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    It will likely do Aquaman numbers or slightly higher. It definitely won't pass the first's $700 million+ US BO.
    Especially since it’s being released in summer and will have more competition than the original.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

By the time BP2 drops the studio system will be back in it's newish normal form post Covid pretty tough. ONLY because the bar was set so high do I think the sequel may fall a wee bit short but with inflation and the lockdowns people are gonna flock. That first trailer is gonna set a hell of a pace.

As far as Black delegation, fkn forgetaboutit. It's going to be another tsunami and with a wall of cash that big hitting the shore, the rest of the moviegoers are going to follow suit. It changed a culture, THE culture, the rest of the MCU are just superhero movies.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    By the time BP2 drops the studio system will be back in it's newish normal form post Covid pretty tough. ONLY because the bar was set so high do I think the sequel may fall a wee bit short but with inflation and the lockdowns people are gonna flock. That first trailer is gonna set a hell of a pace.

As far as Black delegation, fkn forgetaboutit. It's going to be another tsunami and with a wall of cash that big hitting the shore, the rest of the moviegoers are going to follow suit. It changed a culture, THE culture, the rest of the MCU are just superhero movies.
    We will see.

I honestly think there will be pushback without Chadwick to an extent. Enough to force T'challa to be recast in BP3? Doubtful IMHO, but it will have some affect.

I think you are going to see "black social media" cannabalize itself to an extent once concrete plants are released on who is taking the mantle. you are going to see a lot of black woman vs black men type social media bickering.

The rest of the cast doesn't have the same name as him to draw in Grandma MindofShadow for instance. My grandma only saw BP1 because of chadwick because she knew him because of James Brown and Jackie.

And I think you are going to lose a decent segment of casuals and comic book fans because there is no T'challa.

And you are losing my 5 trips to the theaters, which means the MCU is bankrupt I tell you!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Again it asked "how they wiill handle his passing"

For all we know there could be a raw as hell T'Challa masked up flashback fight scene with Namor.

Again it asked "how they wiill handle his passing"

For all we know there could be a raw as hell T'Challa masked up flashback fight scene with Namor.
    Killing him off would have some really bad long term effects. Especially since by the time the film is released, it will have been nearly two years since Chadwick’s passing and more people will have healed by then. Killing him off would just reopen a wound. Fast and Furious understood this with Brian.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Killing him off would have some really bad long term effects. Especially since by the time the film is released, it will have been nearly two years since Chadwick’s passing and more people will have healed by then. Killing him off would just reopen a wound. Fast and Furious understood this with Brian.
    Hey man, I know when I go spend 20 bucks and 2.5 hours of my time to watch a movie, I want to be reminded of the tragic death of an actor! Makes the experience EXTRA enjoyable and worth it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Namor vs T'challa where T'challa gets 10 mins of prep time in Wakanda is an L for namor 10/10. BP's have been putting Namor on his ass for 100 years now lol.

IF I were the re-write that scene, I would have changed it. That stupid dagger would have had some mystical properties to it (if it was really as important as Hickman wanted it to be) that would have evened the playing field with Namor. And then BP would have beat his ass and killed him.

But, in the context of the scene, i'm cool with him using BB. I'm not cool with him delaying blowing up the planet to kill them all. That was just plot induced stupidity. It screamed that editorial wouldn't allow BP to get his moment there for some reason. Especially considering SW was bringing everyone back alive anyway. I don't get it.
    I think Hickman’s whole idea was that T’Challa and Namor had both lost so much already there was no point in fighting anymore. They both lost their families and friends, their pride was destroyed, and they hated what they became in the process of dealing with the Incursions, beating the hell out of each other after all that seemed trivial. It’s a nihilistic “nothing matters anymore” deconstruction of what makes a king when they no longer have a people to rule.

But the issue is Namor started it and got more licks in lol. I like Ezyo’s idea that he’s proposed a few times, you can still pair up T’Challa and Namor during Secret Wars, have them deal with their hatred, but when they go up to confront Doom, T’Challa redirects an energy blast shot at him to kill Namor. Even though they were on the verge of breaking through to each other, these guys are kings first and foremost and blood demands blood. Namor could’ve been revived shortly afterwards and understood that’s just how the game goes for men in their position. The score is even and they can go back to being frenemies like under Priest lol.