Page 502 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 24024524924984995005015025035045055065125526021002 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Do people really think this sequel is going to be anti-male?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Confirmed by her "sources"

https://youtu.be/HWeJQ8RsT0Y
    Didn't her same sources say cgi Chadwick. Until THR or Variety reports it it'll just be clickbait to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    ... Omni-Man?

What lol? How does that one work haha?

Especially since it is just based on the TV show???
    Doesn't Omni man want to enslave and conquer the planet? I dunno where's the grey area in that lol. It's your typical supervillain motive.

Haven't played the game in a while, like haven't even used Kate or Clint yet, but dang if that expansion doesn't look promising.

In other news I finally read the last issue of Coates run when my cover got shipped. It wasn't perfect but I like where they left his character at the end. I love how it points out that this character constantly achieves higher levels of power and responsibility even if he doesn't lusy for it like evil men. I enjoy that juxtaposition and how it reflects on TChalla as a chatacter. Excited to see where they go with him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't think it's going to be anti-male, though as it stands right now Ramonda, Shuri, Okoye, and Nakia are the central remaining characters at least when it comes to the royalty. M'Baku and Ross are the only two notable men who stand in the peripheral unless they release W'kabi.

Of course this is not accounting any new cast additions, but they are not known at the moment.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I don't think it's going to be anti-male, though as it stands right now Ramonda, Shuri, Okoye, and Nakia are the central remaining characters at least when it comes to the royalty. M'Baku and Ross are the only two notable men who stand in the peripheral unless they release W'kabi.

Of course this is not accounting any new cast additions, but they are not known at the moment.
    Weird thing is in 2018 you'd thought there would be a host of talented black actors signing up to be BP2. So far no new black actors. Obviously have a big cast already, but we did lose Zuri, possibly W'Kabi, and unfortunately T'Challa. You'd think they'd bring someone else in.

Ultimate Member

Ok. Tbh I don't see that as really being the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Weird thing is in 2018 you'd thought there would be a host of talented black actors signing up to be BP2. So far no new black actors. Obviously have a big cast already, but we did lose Zuri, possibly W'Kabi, and unfortunately T'Challa. You'd think they'd bring someone else in.
    Lost Chadwick, MBJ, Whittaker, Serkis, and Daniel.

They dude potentially playing Namor is a no name.

They are REALLY banking on the brand power here.

Or "black" power. This whole thing is an experiment.

#teamNamor
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Pretty much, recognizing that a substantial gender imbalance exists within the MCU BP franchise isn’t the same thing as saying it’s a bad thing or that one side is being put down to elevate the other. I just find it interesting that’s how it ended up, whether it becomes harmful depends on Coogler and based on his prior work I think he’ll do just fine given the circumstances.

I do think it’s unfortunate however that in the premier black-led IP in Hollywood black men aren’t shown in healthy, wholesome dynamics among themselves and that the world’s greatest black hero (male or female) is being sidelined and removed from his own franchise.

I mean the first cast was huge and stacked plus with the advent of D+ I expect more black talent to sign on in various spin-offs. The sequel should be about Shuri, Okoye, and M’Baku now so throwing in more characters seems counterproductive with all the things they have to address and develop as is.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-15-2021 at 08:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    To me I think it's interesting they they went with a seemingly evil Indiana Jones angle for klaw. He Kinda looks like an older Nathan Drake from uncharted, which I think they could then play that up and make him a smooth talker and had this charm about him that makes people gravitate towards him or let their guard down. To Which he uses to his advantage. All except for T'Challa. Who sees him for what he is. To T'Challa, he has always been a sound monster.

But I'ma still say, based off the trailer, ot just reinforces that T'Challa needs his own separate game that is open world through Wakanda
    Yea that’s the vibe I get from Klaw, his fall from grace into a cybernetic sound being is made more poetic if he’s this ultra charming, handsome adventurer who bites off more than he can chew when he attacks Wakanda. I like to think that this version of Klaw has been traveling across the world as a professional grave robber and archaeologist for years to satisfy his scientific interests and adventurous spirit. It’s a nice niche that gives him a bit more weight than being a petty mercenary or rogue scientist.

Like Coates run? I hope not.

Let's see what happens to W'Kabi. Will they forgive and forget in a time of crisis? Now would be the time to intro Vibrakis, Tatu, Kasper etc.

They may not be interested in bringing in new(male) talent. At least not for any roles of note.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like Coates run? I hope not.
    Idk if Coates run entirely counts as anti-male, but I'd prefer the MCU not adapt some of his more extreme ideas.

My point is some of these comments seem to come off as if male heroes are somehow being threatened with extinction now, when in reality female heroes are far less common.

Idk if Coates run entirely counts as anti-male, but I'd prefer the MCU not adapt some of his more extreme ideas.

My point is some of these comments seem to come off as if male heroes are somehow being threatened with extinction now, when in reality female heroes are far less common.
    The problem with Coates is that one benefitted at the expense of the other when he could have had both male and females be exceptional.

Nearly every male in the story had to fail. No One Man. Where did that come from? What has T'Challa done that would make the Midnight Angels act in this manner?