Page 83 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183583 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    it's vibranium alloy. Nowhere near as good as the Panther's habit but WAY better than kevlar or any other kind of conventional armor.
    See? See! This is the type of development. You give to redshirts/ supporting cast. It's GOOD but T'Challas gear is head and shoulders above the rest.

Also like the duty, knowledge, honor loyalty, justice claws of the Panther. Heard it in the serial series and thought that was cool

Also like the duty, knowledge, honor loyalty, justice claws of the Panther. Heard it in the serial series and thought that was cool
    yeah. thanks. I snuck it in both projects.

It's from my original rejected PITCH #1

HERE

now, it's canon.

ain't I a devil?
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-04-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The only thing wrong with the Wakanda Orishas is that there origin only exists to prop up Storm instead of Black Panther and that they are tragically boring AF.
    Honestly, my biggest complaint is they were barely used. They had these cool Jack Kirby designs but they barely featured at all.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    but in the broader sense of things...seriously, how did it come to this?
    Marvel had one shot, one chance to push Black Panther after 4+ years of Hickman putting him in the spotlight of comic fans, a huge draught in BP having a comic solo series, and the MCU introducing the character to the casuals. Marvel comics heard pitches.

And those chose the guy that doesn't like Black Panther who had the biggest profile.

So, at T'challa's most visible time period in the history of the comic character... they saw an ineffectual, unconfident king, bleeding, failing, on his knees, beating his own countrymen, while black woman were raped and trafficked.

At best, these people stuck around to see, after a year... this same king give up his crown, need help from a philosopher to stop the golden city from falling, while his sister threatened the black gay couple with violence if they interfered... and then he gave this same black couple what they wanted in the end (affirming they were right) off panel.

If they stuck around another year (they didnt), they saw this same king need the help of a criminal black dude (thunderball) to stop klaw, and then pray to a powerful black woman to save the country... after learning Wakandan's were aggressors that stole land from indigenous monsters and sent them off in chains someplace else.

And if they STILL stuck around... well, they never got an ending lol. They still haven't seen T'challa triumph. I mean ****... who is he giving a speech about in the previews for the last issues? Another powerful black woman who sacrificed herself to save the kingdrom (nakia).

So, I mean ****...... can you even blame these new writers? You can blame them for not doing their homework but people are always HEAVILY influenced by what they are introduced to first.

Enjoy King in Black and Aaron's Avengers while you can.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

HERE

now, it's canon.

ain't I a devil?
    Mr. Jack

Do digital buys count just as much as LCS buys?

the LCS wasn't keen on letting me pull just one comic, so imma show up on wednesday and see if it is there but if digital counts more (since the LCS already pre ordered a certain number) I will just do that instead.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

You know, one of the things that irks me when some of these peeps try to equate T'chumpa to T'chadwick is that T'chadwick was anything but weak and conflicted.

The dude has supreme confidence in any decision he made. The dude was a warrior through and through. Some of his decisions may have been wrong... but then he course corrected and had supreme confidence in his new decision.

Civil War... wait for the Task Force to find Bucky? No... he will hunt him down and kill him himself.

M'baku challenges him... he instantly accepts the fight. With confidence.

He talks to Nakia and W'kabi... his two closest friends... and makes a decision to stay out of the rest of the worlds problems. With confidence.

Klaw comes back... he decides he will hunt him down and kill him himself.

Killmonger returns... he could have easily thrown him into a dungeon. Instead, he accepts the fight with confidence. Even tellig him it is not too late to back out before the fight. Because he has supreme warrior confidence.

He comes back to life, tells his dad off, and challenges Killmonger and the border tribe by his damn self becaus ehe has no army. Because he is a warrior with warrior confidence.

Thanos is coming... alright... we will meet them in the fields of Wakanda and FIGHT THEM AS WARRIORS.

T'chadwick was not some bitch like T'chumpa, always looking to other people to solve his problems. He believes in himself and Wakanda 100%.

Damnit, RJ, got me ranting in here again.

HERE

now, it's canon.

ain't I a devil?
    Dude I seriously love your concept art for the habit. The more panther look is and has always been my favorite.

Honestly at this point knowing what Coates has done with T'Challa "reclaiming the throne" I would of much preferred where you tool T'Challa forgoing the throne for longer. If it meant we saw a Stronger capable T'Challa who isn't getting beat, needing constant help, having his traits given to others, and inspiring the next wave of writers to not write this **** T'Challa we keep seeing. Again no offense to anyone but your the only one who seems to get T'Challa of those who have the chance to write him. Again no Disrespect but in that serial series only your episodes showed the real T'Challa in my eyes

You know, one of the things that irks me when some of these peeps try to equate T'chumpa to T'chadwick is that T'chadwick was anything but weak and conflicted.

The dude has supreme confidence in any decision he made. The dude was a warrior through and through. Some of his decisions may have been wrong... but then he course corrected and had supreme confidence in his new decision.

Civil War... wait for the Task Force to find Bucky? No... he will hunt him down and kill him himself.

M'baku challenges him... he instantly accepts the fight. With confidence.

He talks to Nakia and W'kabi... his two closest friends... and makes a decision to stay out of the rest of the worlds problems. With confidence.

Klaw comes back... he decides he will hunt him down and kill him himself.

Killmonger returns... he could have easily thrown him into a dungeon. Instead, he accepts the fight with confidence. Even tellig him it is not too late to back out before the fight. Because he has supreme warrior confidence.

He comes back to life, tells his dad off, and challenges Killmonger and the border tribe by his damn self becaus ehe has no army. Because he is a warrior with warrior confidence.

Thanos is coming... alright... we will meet them in the fields of Wakanda and FIGHT THEM AS WARRIORS.

T'chadwick was not some bitch like T'chumpa, always looking to other people to solve his problems. He believes in himself and Wakanda 100%.

Damnit, RJ, got me ranting in here again.
    My Dude... This is spot on, Every action was made with confidence, even when his world was shaken with Eriks reveal, he still held an air of confidence and accepted the challenge with supreme confidence, even telling Erik to yield mid fight because he didn't want to kill him but could of twice of he chose to.

Sane with the final fight in the mines. Dude let his enemy see a Wakandan sunset like he dreamed about and even offered to let him live after he stuck a knife in his chest.

T'Chadwick and Coates Tchumpa are not the same. T'Chadwick would of killed Tchumpa a 1000 times over while chumpa would of been bitching about wishing he was in a lab or in storms arms

By the way I finished the series... I still stand by my original post a page back..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    O'll be picking up KIB for sure. 100% but in the broader sense of things...seriously, how did it come to this?
    Marvel was trying to get Black Panther into places where normally comics are not welcomed. The issue is they FAILED when they picked Coates. Who did get them attention and we saw trade sales go up and in some cases were up before the movie came out.

So they got the attention and shelf spots. The issue became the writing like Moon Shadow said.

The book still has to be GOOD. Especially with a black male as the lead. Sales be DAMNED. Seven Secrets at Boom is not getting all those re-orders because it's about a biracial black kid by Tom Taylor. Same with Something is Killing the Children by Tynion. Same with Power Rangers. They are GOOD books.

Black books don't have the HATE buying or Loyalty buying that others do. We are not going to settle for a badly done Black Panther book because it's Black Panther. Like I have always beaten the horse on-supporting badly done stuff will only get you MORE BADLY done stuff.

Shuri, Storm and Midnight Angel fans might not like to hear that but that is REALITY. We are not buying the book for them. Shuri does not need Black Panther.

She had 2 solos and at least 4 novels in stores. They are building her up-her in Black Panther is supplemental material.

Look at the Bat Family-Batman took ZERO seats to any of his cast. ZERO. Yet 10 of his supporting cast has over 50 solo issues. It was never Batman presents Batwoman. It was Batwoman.

Marvel took a gamble and it crashed in their faces. If they want someone outside of comics-Redjack is right there.

In light of my 10 dollar audio download I hereby demand that all future projects headed by Uncle Redjack be read to us as bedtime stories by the writer himself...

Knock em out the box Red... Knock em out Red... Knock knock knock knock knock knock em out the box Red...
    Get Hectic!

This is the T'Challa we need to be able to read every month. The preview alone is better than the entirety of Coates run. Between this and Future State: Green Lantern next week is gonna have some good reading featuring strong and capable Black men.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This is the T'Challa we need to be able to read every month. The preview alone is better than the entirety of Coates run. Between this and Future State: Green Lantern next week is gonna have some good reading featuring strong and capable Black men.
    One thing I appreciate about it is that he's not too proud to draw from older stories from other writers and put his own twist and talent into it. That's how Comics are supposed to be written throughout the decades in order to build characters up.

The sad thing is race has so much to do with Marvels choices even when they dont realize it. Had this been 5 white writters seeking a Thor book the guys in charge (im gonna assume they arent black) would have chosen the strongest pitch and the best story. Which we clearly see it couldn't have been Coats who in a precomic interview asked why do they (Wakanda) still hold a fight for leadership when they are so advanced. Marvel went with the money. Which writer will boost out minority sales and has higher visibility?
    Its the same choice in my opinion that Kevin Feige has made when it comes to recasting. Nevermind the story, What does the easy money amd PR say to do? Not recast and face potential blacklash of using black actors like pawns in todays BLM and "cancel culture" (as if Black ppl arent used to death and moving forward with life). Money was the answer then and now at the expense of the story and the character that Chadwick Boseman loved like we in this thread do and chose to portray. Tchalla aint for everybody. We black men have different heros with different personalitys and roles. But he was a great enough icon that Boseman who was an actors actor chose to tie himself to.

Also
    I dont compare Coats and Chads Tchalla. Only in their unfilled potential by their handlers. Chads Tchalla IS one that I would have loved to see lead Wakanda in an MCU see wakanda and die movie. Which would have been a movie that he didnt need Thor showing up to save the day in. Tchalla in comics pushed back Thanos once WITHOUT any avengers, just his nation by his side. Chad deserved to be that guy but wouldn't deny us of it in death because he was a Tchalla fan.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-04-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Mr. Jack

Do digital buys count just as much as LCS buys?

the LCS wasn't keen on letting me pull just one comic, so imma show up on wednesday and see if it is there but if digital counts more (since the LCS already pre ordered a certain number) I will just do that instead.
    I think everything counts. I'm not joking. I'm pretty sure they have eyes on every dime they make.

interview:
    Black Panther: Sins of the King Writer Geoff Thorne Wants to Ask the Tough Questions
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2021/02/b...ugh-questions/

Just read the preview, I'm curious about why the Wakandan warriors didn't armor up earlier? Just curious.

So far so good, but Wakanda better repel the invaders. Time for Wakanda to stand strong again!
    The J-man