Page 931 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 431831881921927928929930931932933934935941981 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,965 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think its the Destroyer Armor but I skimmed through the multiverse stuff
    Definitely the destroyer armor.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...The stuff Aaron comes up with, I tell ya .
    Well, you can't say the dude doesn't have fun with it that is for sure lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

if6l8ug987381.jpg

relevant scan for the people who skimmed like me lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

if6l8ug987381.jpg

relevant scan for the people who skimmed like me lol
    They should of mixed the destroyer armor with Hudlins predator Kilmonger armor, it would of made it easier to identify WHO he was supposed to be

Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-03-2021 at 07:01 AM.

T’Challa does not approve of his sister possibly crushing on colonizers.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

It is low key kinda weird they made T'challa so traditional when he is the opposite in hte comics but different universe and all that

It is low key kinda weird they made T'challa so traditional when he is the opposite in hte comics but different universe and all that
    Except for ya know, drawing from Hudlins WitBP when Shuri starts **** talking T'Challa about him becoming BP, but yet claims she was already doing the job when that doesn't make sense given he was more traditional on this version.

The MCU is where it started though, which was a HUGE mistake, as that was T'Challas big drawing point is how he was different from his people and NOT trying to maintain the status quo. That's why it bugs me alot that they made Erik and Nakia Instead of Erik and T'Challa, the ones talking about opening Wakanda. Nakia should of been the only one in his corner while everyone else disagreed with it. Then had T'Challa and Erik clash on their ideals of the best way to handle Wakanda's involvement.

The more I think about it, the more it becomes a HUGE retcon (and a pretty bad one) that Coogler made a to give agency to supporting cast which again, could of been Nakia supporting T'Challas idea and literally nothing would of changed for her character. Just like changing the scene with Shuri and Ross to where it's T'Challa (since this would work continuity wise with the comics) who discovered the way to make vibranium inert for transportation. And Would of secured his super genius while Shuri can still be a wiz kid. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Except for ya know, drawing from Hudlins WitBP when Shuri starts **** talking T'Challa about him becoming BP, but yet claims she was already doing the job when that doesn't make sense given he was more traditional on this version.

The MCU is where it started though, which was a HUGE mistake, as that was T'Challas big drawing point is how he was different from his people and NOT trying to maintain the status quo. That's why it bugs me alot that they made Erik and Nakia Instead of Erik and T'Challa, the ones talking about opening Wakanda. Nakia should of been the only one in his corner while everyone else disagreed with it. Then had T'Challa and Erik clash on their ideals of the best way to handle Wakanda's involvement.

The more I think about it, the more it becomes a HUGE retcon (and a pretty bad one) that Coogler made a to give agency to supporting cast which again, could of been Nakia supporting T'Challas idea and literally nothing would of changed for her character. Just like changing the scene with Shuri and Ross to where it's T'Challa (since this would work continuity wise with the comics) who discovered the way to make vibranium inert for transportation. And Would of secured his super genius while Shuri can still be a wiz kid. Ugh.
    It does hurt me to turn on the film. But the fact of the matter is that Marvel being so hellbent on not recasting makes the flaws of T’Challas portrayal in the MCU all the more glaring.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

It’s the MCU’s fault. T’Challa could be shown as incredibly pro-Wakanda depending on the story but mostly his thing was bucking the prevailing beliefs of his people and wanting to open the kingdom up. Even Priest made that clear in his run, T’Challa may not love outsiders but he has a lot of respect for other cultures and tries to do his best so everyone, including non-Wakandans, benefits from his reign and supeheroism. It’s why he was willing to do stuff like go to war over a single refugee girl. At his core, T’Challa is a global thinker and wants what’s best for everyone, even if he will always end up putting Wakanda first if push comes to shove.

But Coogler had a story tell and that’s one where he for lack of a better word finger wagged at the concept of Wakanda for failing to help out other black people. So T’Challa was turned into a cipher for that story, the xenophobe who was confronted by the shadows of his people’s past who needed to be convinced of letting go of the old ways. It worked for the specific context though so I can’t even say it was bad. T’Chaka got to live into his old age and T’Challa was never forced to wrestle with Wakandan policy until after he died. It’s a compelling arc for that specific iteration of the character. But other mediums like the game just run with the MCU characterization of T’Challa being the backwards looking ******* while Shuri gets to moralize about the stuff comic T’Challa did.

One of the main selling points about T’Challa is that he’s the trailblazer, someone who shatters traditions and manipulates them for the sake of Wakandan and global security. In a sea of xenophobia that makes him really interesting but wider Marvel media has shifted that over to other characters. Now we have a guy who’s little more than a warrior prince with no real sense of innovation. Wakanda’s tech is a function of his sister. The progressive thematic core of the series is his girlfriend. He’s basically black conservative Captain America until he gets criticized enough by Killmonger, Shuri, or Nakia (depending on the story) into being better. And even then as we see in the game T’Challa isn’t actively shaping that cosmopolitan future. He apparently isn’t competent (or interested) enough to be both a king and superhero so he has to lose one role and give it to a supporting character. Despite literally every other king in Big 2 comics being able to wear multiple hats.

They should of mixed the destroyer armor with Hudlins predator Kilmonger armor, it would of made it easier to identify WHO he was supposed to be

They should use his design from Panther's Quest (which I think was inspired by this). It and Keston John were, like, the only really notable things about Killmonger on that show.

Astonishing Member

And that Killmonger redesign is ass ugly lol. It’s just a recolored Destroyer armor. But I am happy to see a BP rogue used in an Avengers book. It’s rare that outside Klaw we get to see BP villains used in these bad guy team ups. If Killmonger is one of the deadliest mercenaries alive he should be getting used more in various kinds of stories under the Avengers umbrella. So design aside I’m excited to see what Aaron has planned. Despite my many issues with his run his T’Challa has been competently handled even if it is a bit light on character work. So hopefully he brings that same energy to Killmonger. I doubt it’ll earn him many new fans but maybe it’ll inspire other writers to use the character in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s the MCU’s fault. T’Challa could be shown as incredibly pro-Wakanda depending on the story but mostly his thing was bucking the prevailing beliefs of his people and wanting to open the kingdom up. Even Priest made that clear in his run, T’Challa may not love outsiders but he has a lot of respect for other cultures and tries to do his best so everyone, including non-Wakandans, benefits from his reign and supeheroism. It’s why he was willing to do stuff like go to war over a single refugee girl. At his core, T’Challa is a global thinker and wants what’s best for everyone, even if he will always end up putting Wakanda first if push comes to shove.

But Coogler had a story tell and that’s one where he for lack of a better word finger wagged at the concept of Wakanda for failing to help out other black people. So T’Challa was turned into a cipher for that story, the xenophobe who was confronted by the shadows of his people’s past who needed to be convinced of letting go of the old ways. It worked for the specific context though so I can’t even say it was bad. T’Chaka got to live into his old age and T’Challa was never forced to wrestle with Wakandan policy until after he died. It’s a compelling arc for that specific iteration of the character. But other mediums like the game just run with the MCU characterization of T’Challa being the backwards looking ******* while Shuri gets to moralize about the stuff comic T’Challa did.

One of the main selling points about T’Challa is that he’s the trailblazer, someone who shatters traditions and manipulates them for the sake of Wakandan and global security. In a sea of xenophobia that makes him really interesting but wider Marvel media has shifted that over to other characters. Now we have a guy who’s little more than a warrior prince with no real sense of innovation. Wakanda’s tech is a function of his sister. The progressive thematic core of the series is his girlfriend. He’s basically black conservative Captain America until he gets criticized enough by Killmonger, Shuri, or Nakia (depending on the story) into being better. And even then as we see in the game T’Challa isn’t actively shaping that cosmopolitan future. He apparently isn’t competent (or interested) enough to be both a king and superhero so he has to lose one role and give it to a supporting character. Despite literally every other king in Big 2 comics being able to wear multiple hats.
    And Narcisse said that he wasn’t going to copy the movies in interviews leading up to War for Wakanda. Smh.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They should use his design from Panther's Quest (which I think was inspired by this). It and Keston John were, like, the only really notable things about Killmonger on that show.
    Keston John did an amazing job as Killmonger.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And Narcisse said that he wasn’t going to copy the movies in interviews leading up to War for Wakanda. Smh.
    It’s not like it was a direct transplant. I don’t think MCU T’Challa is quite as aggressive or arrogant as the game version. He had more bass in his voice and seemed more analytical/intelligent. He was also more experienced. And the game version was much more powerful. They played more into the sense of history and mysticism w/ Wakanda with all the temples and Zavawari as well. A big theme is also T’Challa opening up his heart and not feeling he can’t trust others.

But it was clear the main base of inspiration was Hudlin’s T’Challa (just like the MCU) and that they wanted to bring in a lot of the movie dynamics. Like Okoye being as prominent as she is in BP media is pretty an invention of the MCU. She’s a tertiary character at best in the mythos, having made I think less than a dozen appearances or so before she started popping up all over the comics and other media. Shuri being the modernist and T’Challa being the xenophobe is a movie thing too. Also Narcisse just took the aesthetics of the Coates run, which is also what the movie did. I feel he would’ve done that anyway though. He’s a Coates fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Keston John did an amazing job as Killmonger.
    Yeah, I just wish they had given him more meat on that show. Like they introduce him being like a teacher to the royal siblings but never really did anything with it and after T'Challa beats him in their first fight he has to constantly win through contrived "Just as I planned even though it seems incredibly coincidental" methods.